2018 Recruiting Thread | Page 29 | The Boneyard

2018 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Johnathon Huggins is a 6-2 200lb Safety/WR from Pine Ridge High School, Deltona Florida. Other offers from App St, Colorado St, Coastal Carolina, ECU, FAU, FSU, Georgia Southern, Georgia St, Liberty, Marshall, Mercer, Missouri, Northern Illinois, Purdue, Southeastern College, Southern Miss, Stony Brook, Temple, Toledo, Tulane, UCF, UMass and USF, VaTech, Wake Forest, WKY, Coastal Carolina, Mercer

Junior Year Highlights

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Can't find his original post from the 11th but...

Shamel Lazarus‏ @ShamelLazarus1 Apr 11
I Want to thank @CoachEdsall and @JonathanWholley for having me today. Really enjoyed campus
View attachment 21933

Shamel is a 6-3 170lb CB from Bayside High School in Bayside Queens, New York. Has been making the rounds to the usual Northeast suspects.

He picked up an offer from Anthony Poindexter today:
Shamel Lazarus‏ @ShamelLazarus1 3h3 hours ago
Blessed to receive my first full Division 1 scholarship from the university of Purdue @Coachlanese13 @aboutunyc

Shamel Lazarus‏ @ShamelLazarus1 3m 3 minutes ago
I Had a great day at Uconn Camp today. I loved the coaching and I had a lot of fun @aboutunyc @Coachlanese13 @CoachCCox @JonathanWholley

Shamel Lazarus‏ @ShamelLazarus1 1m 1 minute ago
Thankful to receive my 4th division1 offer from the university of Connecticut

Shamel has transferred to Erasmus Hall in Brooklyn since original post. Other offers from Buffalo, Kent State and Purdue.

Reaction Score

Daniel Arias is a 6-4 195lb WR/CB from Jackson High School in Mill Creek Washington. Other offers from
Air Force, Boise State, Colorado, Colorado St, Cornell, Dartmouth, Hawaii, Montana St, , Navy, Nevada, Oregon St, SDSU, Utah, Utah St, Weber St, Wyoming and Yale

Junior Highlights

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Julian Sams is a 6-3 275lb OL/DL from Liberty High School in Bealton VA. Other offers from Delaware State, Howard, Liberty, Ohio University and ODU.

Julian Sams highlights

Committed to ODU
BigJuu 7️⃣ 4️⃣‏ @AyyJuliann 13m 13 minutes ago
Committed. Bealeton Norfolk, VA #AimHigh @cmalone51 @ODUCoachWilder

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
IMO, seeing a lot of swings and misses on the OL. To top it off those misses seem to be going to schools that are presumably (hopefully) not at UConn's level.
So my question is: do schools, with each offer at a position, go deeper down into the talent list as they keep missing out on their earlier offers?
Like many others have stated, really concerned about the future of the OL.

Reaction Score
IMO, seeing a lot of swings and misses on the OL. To top it off those misses seem to be going to schools that are presumably (hopefully) not at UConn's level.

Like who - I see kids we've offered this cycle @ OL committed to Auburn, Wisconsin, Kentucky, Pitt, a Florida kid to USF and a Virginia kid to ODU?

Until the last three kids, I was impressed that overall so far we have only lost players to P5 schools. (Probably just activated a BY jinx;))

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Like who - I see kids we've offered this cycle @ OL committed to Auburn, Wisconsin, Kentucky, Pitt, a Florida kid to USF and a Virginia kid to ODU?

Until the last three kids, I was impressed that overall so far we have only lost players to P5 schools. (Probably just activated a BY jinx;))

My fault. I didn't do a through look through. Just remembered the ODU commitment. NTL, still swinging and missing.

Reaction Score
We made the top 10 for VA OL Jesus Gibbs

Interesting - no mention of high school visit, campus visit or offer that I can find. In any respect:

Jesus Gibbs is a 6-4 265lb OT from Potomac High School in Dunfries Virginia. Other offers from Charlotte, ECU, FAU, Howard, Indiana, JMU, Kansas, Liberty, Navy, N.C. St, ODU, Princeton, South Carolina, Syracuse, Toledo, UVA, Wake Forest, Yale and BC

Junior Highlights

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members