2018 Recruiting Thread | Page 19 | The Boneyard

2018 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
From an unlinkable Iowa State 247 (Cyclone Alert) article on Re-al Mitchell:

>>To date, Mitchell has taken spring trips to Iowa State, Rutgers and UConn. While the Cyclones topped his list after his trip, Mitchell is mum on who leads right now. “I’m kind of letting people just be on their toes a little bit with that,” Mitchell said. “It’s pretty consistent, though, I would say. All of them are pretty even.”

Iowa State has placed its focus on Mitchell in recent months and hasn’t offered another quarterback as it waits for his decision. The Cyclones, Mitchell said, will have offensive coordinator Tom Manning and quarterbacks coach Jim Hofher in to watch him throw Thursday before they attend his track meet that same evening.

Following that trip, Mitchell will close in on the final 72 hours before his decision. His spring trips have allowed him to determine his factors, and that’ll help him reach him decision.

“I feel as if a lot of schools that are recruiting me are in the same situation where they’re trying to rebuild or get to that elite level of play,” Mithcell said. “Since that’s the case it’s going to come down to what school is going to feel like home to me the most and where I can see myself being for 4-5 years.”<<

for what its worth his top WR just committed to ISU and is actively recruiting him to come play with him there.

Reaction Score
for what its worth his top WR just committed to ISU and is actively recruiting him to come play with him there.
Who's that?
Sterling Galban I believe. 3* commit to ISU, Re-al retweeted his commit.

Yup but Galban is from Texas not Cali? I understood Zoo's comment to mean one of RM's SJB teammates - thought I missed it.

Reaction Score
Cyclone family, let's get my dawg @realmitchell11 to join the movement! #Iofornia

He may have been going off this which was tweeted by Galban

Reaction Score
Cyclone family, let's get my dawg @realmitchell11 to join the movement! #Iofornia

He may have been going off this which was tweeted by Galban

I saw it a few days ago... I just didn't know if there was someone else he was alluding to.

Reaction Score
Josh ‏ @kvng_jvsh 17m 17 minutes ago
Blessed To received an offer from the University of Connecticut!! #GoHuskies

Joshua Landry is a 6-3 250lb DT from Lamar High School in Houston Texas. Other offers from Alabama, State, Arizona State, Baylor, Grambling, Houston, Houston Baptist, Indiana, Iowa State, Lamar, Kansas, Nebraska, Northwest Oklahoma State. Oregon State, Prairie View A&M, Texas Tech, Toledo and UTSA

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Yup but Galban is from Texas not Cali? I understood Zoo's comment to mean one of RM's SJB teammates - thought I missed it.

ah I thought it was his teammate I must have miss-read that. I thought he was his teammate, third shift brain on display.

Reaction Score
So is anyone hearing any rumors about what Real Mitchell is thinking? Locking up a QB who you really want, on top of our two local commits, would put us in a good position heading into high school summer vacations and camping.

Reaction Score
So is anyone hearing any rumors about what Real Mitchell is thinking? Locking up a QB who you really want, on top of our two local commits, would put us in a good position heading into high school summer vacations and camping.

Just what's been posted - my sense is it's down to Iowa State and UConn and he'll announce on 5/1.

Reaction Score

Latest - good luck figuring out which way he's leaning - I fear the P5 lure. (I think the author has the visit dates backwards - I'm pretty sure he was @ UConn on the 15th):

Reaction Score

Julian Sams is a 6-3 275lb OL/DL from Liberty High School in Bealton VA. Other offers from Delaware State, Howard, Liberty, Ohio University and ODU.

Julian Sams highlights

Article by @RichieSRivals @ Storrs Central: Google title "VA OL Julian Sams on UConn Offer"

>>“I talked with coaches Cox, Z, and Grimes the most out of everyone on the staff. They basically were just telling me that I would be a great fit for their program. They left a good impression on me. I though they were really cool and very straight forward with me,” Sams said.

After the recent trip Sams informed us of his top 3 list of schools right now in no specific order. “As of right now my top three schools are Ohio, Old Dominion, and UConn. I’m hoping to have my final decision sometime either before my first game of the season or maybe just a few days before signing day,” Sams stated.

In the meantime Sams plans on visiting UConn one more time on May 13th. He also plans to see ODU on June 10th and Ohio on June 24th.<<

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Has anyone mentioned Re-al's Mom was an original American Gladiator? "Blaze". Read an article on LA times from last Fall that was all about his family and the type of young man he is. Can't find link on my phone, sorry.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Mitchell seems to be going to ISU if his profile is any indication. Has a tornado on it and says 'Iofornia.'

Reaction Score
Mitchell seems to be going to ISU if his profile is any indication. Has a tornado on it and says 'Iofornia.'

Could be but he's had that up there intermittently before. Iowa State was in to see him yesterday/last night. Hopefullt RE/RL get one more run @ him before the 1st.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Could be but he's had that up there intermittently before. Iowa State was in to see him yesterday/last night. Hopefullt RE/RL get one more run @ him before the 1st.

Agreed. Would be a high profile get. In any case, I'm sure we'll bring in at least one QB for the class, and hopefully Lashlee can make it a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom