2018 Recruiting Thread | Page 18 | The Boneyard

2018 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
that has to be one of the worst highlight videos I have ever seen. We're not really recruiting this kid, are we?
I saw two things in his video, accuracy and the ability to throw on the run. Yes, his short yardage touch passes come out slow.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
that has to be one of the worst highlight videos I have ever seen. We're not really recruiting this kid, are we?

so you obviously haven't watched much HS tape because while the tape wasn't tremendous it was by no means bad, he aint flashy but completed a lot of good throws and did so while on the run. ill take consistency every day of the week. also this kid and his dad were sitting maybe ten feet from me at the game and I wouldn't be surprised if he was being recruited for a different position. He is a big kid and reminded me a lot of luke carrezola so there may be a little DE/ LB in his future.

Reaction Score
so you obviously haven't watched much HS tape because while the tape wasn't tremendous it was by no means bad, he aint flashy but completed a lot of good throws and did so while on the run. ill take consistency every day of the week. also this kid and his dad were sitting maybe ten feet from me at the game and I wouldn't be surprised if he was being recruited for a different position. He is a big kid and reminded me a lot of luke carrezola so there may be a little DE/ LB in his future.
I swear this is the video that came up before

Reaction Score
I swear this is the video that came up before

You must have replied while I was still looking @ his Hudl (I was out of pocket so it was not as easy as desktop). He has a few older ones up there.

Reaction Score
Can't find his original post from the 11th but...

Shamel Lazarus‏ @ShamelLazarus1 Apr 11
I Want to thank @CoachEdsall and @JonathanWholley for having me today. Really enjoyed campus
20.jpg

Shamel is a 6-3 170lb CB from Bayside High School in Bayside Queens, New York. Has been making the rounds to the usual Northeast suspects.

He picked up an offer from Anthony Poindexter today:
Shamel Lazarus‏ @ShamelLazarus1 3h3 hours ago
Blessed to receive my first full Division 1 scholarship from the university of Purdue @Coachlanese13 @aboutunyc

Last edited:
Reaction Score
From an unlinkable Iowa State 247 (Cyclone Alert) article on Re-al Mitchell:

>>To date, Mitchell has taken spring trips to Iowa State, Rutgers and UCONN. While the Cyclones topped his list after his trip, Mitchell is mum on who leads right now. “I’m kind of letting people just be on their toes a little bit with that,” Mitchell said. “It’s pretty consistent, though, I would say. All of them are pretty even.”

Iowa State has placed its focus on Mitchell in recent months and hasn’t offered another quarterback as it waits for his decision. The Cyclones, Mitchell said, will have offensive coordinator Tom Manning and quarterbacks coach Jim Hofher in to watch him throw Thursday before they attend his track meet that same evening.

Following that trip, Mitchell will close in on the final 72 hours before his decision. His spring trips have allowed him to determine his factors, and that’ll help him reach him decision.

“I feel as if a lot of schools that are recruiting me are in the same situation where they’re trying to rebuild or get to that elite level of play,” Mithcell said. “Since that’s the case it’s going to come down to what school is going to feel like home to me the most and where I can see myself being for 4-5 years.”<<

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Not sure where else to put this, but thought it was funny enough to deserve a mention here:

Hey coach -- Can he play? If he can, I don't care if he knows where Connecticut is or what ESPN is or who Randy Edsall is. Go get us some players!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom