2018 Recruiting Thread | Page 17 | The Boneyard

2018 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
His dad's comfort level w/ Edsall will be key based on the comments he made in Matt's interview and in the Todd Hunt's interview.
Edsall will be here for at least 3 years, probably 5+. You can't say that with any confidence about Rutty with Chris Ash. Scott Frost and Matt Campbell at UCF and Iowa State respectively are entering their second year of their first major league coaching jobs. Frost has a shot of moving up (like Herman), while Campbell has a near impossible task inside the B12. Only 1 coach at Iowa State has had a career .500 record since 1947. Based on comparing the coaches alone, I think we are in a good position.

Reaction Score
Flipped over OP from Junior Day thread w/ new new article citing traction from visit:

Retsen-Taeshawn Daley is a 2018 WR/Safety from St. Francis High School in Athol Springs NY (South of Buffalo) Highlights

Dylan McDuffie is a 2018 RB/Safety from St. Francis High School in Athol Springs NY (South of Buffalo) Highlights

NY RB Dylan McDuffie on UConn Visit, Interest (by Richie Schnyderite/@RichieSRivals):

>>“I’m hearing a lot from UConn, mostly coaches Smith and Richardson,” McDuffie told StorrsCentral. “They just tell me how much they like me and what I can do to fit in on their team. They told me they are coming out to see me work out sometime soon during the spring.”

Last time McDuffie was up at UConn was back towards the end of February for an unofficial visit. He went with teammate Retsen Daley. “It was a real good trip, I just got a chance to see the campus, facilities, and met with most of the staff too. My favorite part was just seeing the role of the RB in the offense. I just like the winning attitude everyone has there,” said McDuffie.<<

Reaction Score
As noted above - reclassified from 2017 to 2018.

Kevin Ohene Mensah‏ @KevinMensahi 7m 7 minutes ago
Will be visiting the University of Connecticut Friday

Not sure where this went the original post. Mensah attended Michigan's Spring game last weekend.

From a UM Rivals article:

>>Mensah reclassified to the 2018 class and is now ready to spend a final prep year at Thomas Moore Academy in Connecticut. His future involvement with Michigan is fluid but he's excited to see what comes his way. "The coaches definitely want me to come to camp — especially Don Brown and Jay [Harbaugh]," Mensah said. "They will keep up with my film during this season and will contact me a lot. They're recruiting me as a running back so they will mostly want offensive highlights."<<

He had a Michigan PWO offer last year as well as a UConn offer.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Edsall will be here for at least 3 years, probably 5+. You can't say that with any confidence about Rutty with Chris Ash. Scott Frost and Matt Campbell at UCF and Iowa State respectively are entering their second year of their first major league coaching jobs. Frost has a shot of moving up (like Herman), while Campbell has a near impossible task inside the B12. Only 1 coach at Iowa State has had a career .500 record since 1947. Based on comparing the coaches alone, I think we are in a good position.
me too

Reaction Score
How did a guy with that frame not rack up more tackles in two years at Kent State.
at this point, who cares... Edsall and Co see something in him that could work up in Storrs... Bring him in... He looked a little better than what we had in terms of an edge rush in the past several years...

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Twin brother German committed to Michigan as well.

King Green‏ @GreenGemon 2m2 minutes ago
Committed!! #GoBlue
20.jpg

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
TJ Bradley is a 6-9 290lb OT from Lackawanna College in Scranton PA (same school as 2017 QB Commit David Pindell). December Grad with 3 to play 3. Attended Tuscarora High School in Leesburg, VA. Late Bloomer. Other offers from Cincinnati, Maryland, Minnesota, Syracuse and WVA.

I would love to have this kid. Especially given the offer list. Dec'17 grad? if Dec'18, I'm confused why he has three to play three unless he didn't play last fall or isn't playing this fall?

Reaction Score
I would love to have this kid. Especially given the offer list. Dec'17 grad? if Dec'18, I'm confused why he has three to play three unless he didn't play last fall or isn't playing this fall?

From linked article: "A December graduate, Bradley will have three years to play three in college after redshirting last season."

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
From linked article: "A December graduate, Bradley will have three years to play three in college after redshirting last season."
Shame on me for not following the link.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Building relationships:

I'm excited about all the stuff that is going on in the RE 2.0 era. But the real highlight for me is the fact that we've already landed 2 of the top 5 CT players and it sounds like the HS coaches are really on board with the reincarnation of Edsall. What used to be held as one of his biggest negatives in the past seems to be one of his new strengths! Fantastic. Keep these kids home, Randy!

Also, the Pennsylvania gravy train is definitely running again and I am happy as hell to see it back on the tracks! Join the Dog Pound, TJ Bradley!!! ;)

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Shocky Jacques-Louis #52 just committed to Kentucky

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Shocky Jacques-Louis #52 just committed to Kentucky
We'll flip this kid in December after he see's a full season of the Pindell/Washington-Lashlee show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom