2018-2019 Coaching Carousel | Page 12 | The Boneyard

2018-2019 Coaching Carousel

Reaction Score
LOOK ...

If I knew our interview schedule was Butch Jones, Don Brown, Greg Schiano (yuck) ... and we pay them about where Edsall contract states, I think I throw in my Apologista account ...

Reaction Score
Temple has been on a role hiring pretty good coaches. I wish. I just wish. UConn cared more about football
The school does, just made some boneheaded decisions.

Reaction Score
I'm surprised he didn't hold out for a better opportunity.
K-State is great if you can manage it. Expectations are not to win a title every year or anything close to that. Bill Snyder never won a title. And can go hang in the Rockies for vacation time.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The great thing going with Temple right now is that they are unafraid of hiring guys who consider it a stepping stone job. Who cares if a guy is only there 3-4 years before moving on. Better than firing someone every 3-4 years.

Reaction Score

Also reports out there that Applewhite is in trouble as well...

Even losing your entire D-line isn't an excuse for that performance yesterday. He didn't make a good choice in DC with Donofrio (part of Golden's downfall at the U) and they have a DEEP pocketed booster in Tillman Fertitta (T-Boone Pickens Light) who will pony up buyout $$ in 2 seconds.

Reaction Score
The great thing going with Temple right now is that they are unafraid of hiring guys who consider it a stepping stone job. Who cares if a guy is only there 3-4 years before moving on. Better than firing someone every 3-4 years.

I'm sure if Diaco were a huge success here he'd be long gone. So yes UCONN has done that.

Every time I brought up Don Brown on this board in the fall of 2013 most on this board brought up his age and the Western Michigan games. Most wanted a young coach even if UCONN were a stepping stone job for him. That worked out well.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sources: Houston evaluating replacing Major Applewhite, considering Dana Hoglorsen - FootballScoop

>>Rather than rebuild after two unsatisfactory seasons (by the school’s stated standard), sources said U of H boosters are evaluating all options, including considering bringing in West Virginia head coach Dana Holgorsen to replace Applewhite.

Holgorsen was Houston’s offensive coordinator in the 2008-09 seasons, working under head coach Kevin Sumlin, before moving on to Oklahoma State and later WVU, but he kept two important assets behind in Houston — his home, and friendship with U of H superbooster Tilman Fertitta.

The self-made billionaire has been unapologetic about his desire to build Houston into a major college football program, and luring away a sitting Big 12 head coach would be a shiny notch on that belt. Fertitta’s $20 million gift got The Fertitta Center done for example.<<

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Sources: Houston evaluating replacing Major Applewhite, considering Dana Hoglorsen - FootballScoop

>>Rather than rebuild after two unsatisfactory seasons (by the school’s stated standard), sources said U of H boosters are evaluating all options, including considering bringing in West Virginia head coach Dana Holgorsen to replace Applewhite.

Holgorsen was Houston’s offensive coordinator in the 2008-09 seasons, working under head coach Kevin Sumlin, before moving on to Oklahoma State and later WVU, but he kept two important assets behind in Houston — his home, and friendship with U of H superbooster Tilman Fertitta.

The self-made billionaire has been unapologetic about his desire to build Houston into a major college football program, and luring away a sitting Big 12 head coach would be a shiny notch on that belt. Fertitta’s $20 million gift got The Fertitta Center done for example.<<

How would this make any kind of sense for Holgorsen...? WVU had a serious shot at the playoff this year. If anything, he’s positioned himself for higher caliber P5 jobs

Reaction Score
How would this make any kind of sense for Holgorsen...? WVU had a serious shot at the playoff this year. If anything, he’s positioned himself for higher caliber P5 jobs

From the article:

>>At the same time, the timing is ripe for Houston to snare Holgorsen: he’s been in Morgantown for eight years now, and his 2018 Mountaineers team, led by senior quarterback Will Grier and senior wideout David Sills V, was viewed by many as a “now or never” run at the program’s first Big 12 championship, a run that ultimately came up short. Rather than regroup heading into Year 9, Holgorsen might be motivated to start anew elsewhere. He reportedly previously considered the Texas Tech job that ultimately went to Utah State head coach Matt Wells.<<

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
From the article:

>>At the same time, the timing is ripe for Houston to snare Holgorsen: he’s been in Morgantown for eight years now, and his 2018 Mountaineers team, led by senior quarterback Will Grier and senior wideout David Sills V, was viewed by many as a “now or never” run at the program’s first Big 12 championship, a run that ultimately came up short. Rather than regroup heading into Year 9, Holgorsen might be motivated to start anew elsewhere. He reportedly previously considered the Texas Tech job that ultimately went to Utah State head coach Matt Wells.<<

I mean if it did happen that would be huge for the conference. I just don’t see it as realistic

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orange

Top Bottom