2018-2019 Coaching Carousel | Page 14 | The Boneyard

2018-2019 Coaching Carousel

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
What a stunner with Richt. I saw a tweet that prominent former UM players are pulling for Rex Ryan. That would be absolutely amazing lol

Reaction Score
What a stunner with Richt. I saw a tweet that prominent former UM players are pulling for Rex Ryan. That would be absolutely amazing lol

One of the few times I enjoy social media is when stuff like this happens and every crazy opinion in the world gets tossed around lol.

Reaction Score
The Big 12 only expands if/when it improves their football product. That's it. They don't care about academics, basketball, TV markets, branding, footprint, APR, whatever. They care about football. And if Houston hires the right guy and they get back into the NY6 discussion, watch how quickly the chuckling at a "desperate Big 12 move" turns into a brilliant, football move...just like Kansas hiring Miles was received by the same people chuckling at Houston.

The B12 already had a chance to expand & chose not to. There is NO school today, tomorrrow or in the future that brings any reason to expand.

The B12 only adds schools if they are backfilling because current members leave. Houston is trying to position itself for that possibility

Reaction Score

Rex Ryan took a team QB'd by Mark Sanchez to back to back AFC title games., he is also a one man hype machine who knows how to motivate a team. He might actually find a niche in college football. Rex and Miami could be perfect for each other. I would watch that circus, hope it happens.

Reaction Score
Rex Ryan took a team QB'd by Mark Sanchez to back to back AFC title games., he is also a one man hype machine who knows how to motivate a team. He might actually find a niche in college football. Rex and Miami could be perfect for each other. I would watch that circus, hope it happens.

If that were to happen, they should schedule Arizona State and have the "washed up former NY Jets coaches bowl". They could even have a trophy, a golden foot with the words "you play to win the game" inscribed on it.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
He is way behind the times offensively and the pressure was building for him to hire someone to run the offense as opposed to him being the head coach and OC. People were upset that they fell way short of expectations this season, but it was the terrible offensive play that really did him in. Just completely inexcusable to be that bad offensively and he publicly announced that he wasn't going to make any changes. I think it went the same way it did for him at Georgia, only here he got to retire as opposed to being fired. I give him credit for being true to himself, but it is a shame that he didn't really see that he needed to adapt. He could have had a nice run down here I think, if not for being so stubborn.
I didnt realize that Richt called his own plays. If it's true he wouldn't take on help at OC, then I can see why they pushed him. Kinda like Benedict pushing an OC in Diaco. But UConn had a worse result.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Put me on record.

If the U hires Lane, they will be in CFP by 2021.

Reaction Score
Put me on record.

If the U hires Lane, they will be in CFP by 2021.
Lane has kind of been a disappointment everywhere. Plus it seems like he likes to hit the sauce a little too much. I think he's overated.

Reaction Score
I didnt realize that Richt called his own plays. If it's true he wouldn't take on help at OC, then I can see why they pushed him. Kinda like Benedict pushing an OC in Diaco. But UConn had a worse result.

Even worse, his son is the QB coach and has just been getting buried down here. It's a tough spot as a coach, and as a dad to have your son working for you I would think.

Reaction Score
I don't know if he'd consider it, but Mike Leach would kill it at Miami. He would kill it anywhere really, he's just that type of coach that wins anywhere, but with those athletes down there, look out.

Reaction Score
The Athletic: Why Mark Richt retired, why Mario Cristobal is the No. 1...

“Mark Richt’s abrupt decision to step down as coach of the Miami Hurricanes on Sunday morning caught athletic director Blake James by surprise. But it became inevitable once Richt learned he would not be calling plays in 2019 and that the team’s next offensive coordinator would be free to make changes to the staff.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom