2018-2019 Coaching Carousel | Page 17 | The Boneyard

2018-2019 Coaching Carousel

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Well these kids might end up with early signee remorse. Hello Zouzoua.

Nine Mid-Term Enrolles will Help Bears this Spring

The Baylor Bears are bringing in a program record 9 early enrollees from the 2019 recruiting class. That includes two junior college graduates and 7 high school early graduates as well. This list is:

Those nine will bring an infusion of talent to the roster this coming semester, with an eye on spring ball and earning more playing time during the 2019 season.

Baylor 2019 Football Prospects

Reaction Score
Wow, this is a surprise. If Matt Rhule leaves Baylor for the Jets, can we conclude he just decided Baylor's hole is too deep in the B12 and/or his family didn't love Texas?
No..NFL>College any day of the week...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
You dont think Matt Rhule was one good season at Baylor away from a top 10 gig like ND or USC or whatever? Just seems like the top of the college deck pays more than the NFL.

Reaction Score

Both the NFL and the college game have challenges, but the constant recruiting of 17/18 yo kids and dealing with parents would get old very fast. Yes you have to deal with other challenges in the NFL, but if you love coaching I think the NFL is highly preferred.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Both the NFL and the college game have challenges, but the constant recruiting of 17/18 yo kids and dealing with parents would get old very fast. Yes you have to deal with other challenges in the NFL, but if you love coaching I think the NFL is highly preferred.
I think the scripted as flipped some. If you land your butt at a program that has a sustained history of winnings its respective conference, then it seems those coaches stay a long while and leave when they want too. Plus, the money is bigger. Until the last 10 years, I always thought the NFL was clearly better, but the college money is so big now and the winning programs just continue to win.

Reaction Score
What a disaster this hire is gonna be...neck & neck with the Cards for worst hire!

Reaction Score
What a disaster this hire is gonna be...neck & neck with the Cards for worst hire!
I actually think it’s a solid hire. I think he overachieved with lackluster rosters in Miami.

Reaction Score
I actually think it’s a solid hire. I think he overachieved with lackluster rosters in Miami.
The Jets roster isn’t much better..McCagnan’s drafts are almost as bad as jerry Reese did with the NYG...I’m not sold on Darnold either.

Reaction Score

Seems like a solid coach, but he did not maintain the momentum that Jerry Kill and Dan Doeren established at NIU. Kill and Doeren were both hired away from NIU to P5 jobs after 3 and 2 years. Carey has been there 6 years and he has not moved on. Here are the coaching records:

Jerry Kill:
6-7 5-3 Lost bowl
7-6 5-3 Lost bowl
10-3 8-0 Won bowl

Dan Doeren:
11-3 7-1 Won bowl
12-2 8-0 Lost bowl

Rod Carey
12-2 8-0 Lost bowl
11-3 7-1 Lost bowl
8-6 6-2 Lost bowl
5-7 5-3
8-5 6-2 Lost bowl
8-6 6-2 Lost bowl

Also, he is from the Midwest and he has never lived, coached, or played on the East coast. And, his offense averaged slightly less than 20 points per game. Seems like an odd fit.

Reaction Score
New Temple football coach Rod Carey signs long-term deal with lofty buyout, showing willingness to stay for a while (philly.com)

>>So the 47-year-old Carey, a former standout center at the University of Indiana, quelled any initial fears that he was just here for a resume booster along the way to a Power 5 school. “I told Dr. Kraft as we were going through this to put whatever buyout you want,” Carey said. “That is not important to me.

Apparently it isn’t, because a source said that the buyout is $10 million for each of the first two years of his contract. The third year, according to the source is still $8 million.<<

>>The Owls have been to four straight bowl games and Carey’s salary, according to a source, begins in the $2 million range. The source said Carey has a six-year deal.<<

Reaction Score
I like the hire. He didn't do a bad job in Miami.

He didn't do a good job either. The team never quit during his time here, which he should get some credit for. His play calling was horrific though, and his time management was pathetic. It should also be noted that he hitched his wagon to Ryan Tannehill, and that calls his judgement into question for sure.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
He didn't do a good job either. The team never quit during his time here, which he should get some credit for. His play calling was horrific though, and his time management was pathetic. It should also be noted that he hitched his wagon to Ryan Tannehill, and that calls his judgement into question for sure.
I guess we will see. I think he learned what not to do in Miami. And Darnold has more potential than Tannehill.

Reaction Score
I guess we will see. I think he learned what not to do in Miami. And Darnold has more potential than Tannehill.

I should hope he has more potential than Tannehill. Tannehill has been way past the potential stage for some time now, but Gase couldn't see that and never wavered in his support of him. Terrible judgement in my opinion, just terrible.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom