2018-2019 Coaching Carousel | The Boneyard

2018-2019 Coaching Carousel

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They fliushed ol Jinksie.

Who knew hiring a running backs coach to be your head coach wouldn’t work.

Shocking.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
They fliushed ol Jinksie.

Who knew hiring a running backs coach to be your head coach wouldn’t work.

Shocking.

Not so fast. There’s a guy named David Corley who is quickly rising up the ranks as a RB coach and should be a true coaching legend in a few short years.

Reaction Score
I honestly believe that over the next couple of years you will see a move away from the high buyout provisions. or More schools firing “for cause”. That is likel to be the transitional phase.

Reaction Score

A few interesting names outside the usual “throw a name against the wall and see if it sticks” candidates.

Reaction Score
1/2:The #Maryland coaching search will be fascinating. There will be a ton on internal support & from key power players for #Alabama OC Mike Locksley. His UNM stint was bad but he has a huge recruiting rep in the area and his Tide offense has been fantastic this season.

2/2

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Charlie Strong? Why? He is not a great coach. He will do ok at USF because he can recruit Florida...but he just isn't a top tier coach.

I like Collins at Temple, but looking at that list I would take Schiano. He has had some success at being a head coach in that region, and he ran a relatively clean program at Rutgers.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
There’s no way they go with schiano. They don’t want a guy who’s working at another PR disaster of a program in OSU. Locksley is an underwhelming option to me, as he’s already been there as interim and if they were that impressed, wouldn’t they have hired him then? Navy is so consistently good that I think Kenny deserves it. I bet he could make them a winner, and he’s by all accounts a stand up guy

Reaction Score
There’s no way they go with schiano. They don’t want a guy who’s working at another PR disaster of a program in OSU. Locksley is an underwhelming option to me, as he’s already been there as interim and if they were that impressed, wouldn’t they have hired him then?

Locksley is a great recruiter and seems to have remade himself @ Bama but he has some baggage from his New Mexico days that they would seemingly have to get over from a Head Coach optic standpoint.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Locksley is a great recruiter but he has some baggage from his New Mexico Head Coach days that they would have to get over...

I forget what his record was there, but I know it was atrocious. I think he only won 2 games over 2+ years. And there were a couple of issues there. With Maryland, I think they want to stay away from a hire with anything that resembles a blemish

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Hard to give Locklsey credit when a team has Tua. I think Babers is also a good choice.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
There’s no way they go with schiano. They don’t want a guy who’s working at another PR disaster of a program in OSU. Locksley is an underwhelming option to me, as he’s already been there as interim and if they were that impressed, wouldn’t they have hired him then? Navy is so consistently good that I think Kenny deserves it. I bet he could make them a winner, and he’s by all accounts a stand up guy

I'm not not entirely sure that Ken could handle the culture shock of going from the penthouse of collegiate athletics integrity at Navy to the cesspool of Twerpland. :rolleyes:

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I'm not not entirely sure that Ken could handle the culture shock of going from the penthouse of collegiate athletics integrity at Navy to the cesspool of Twerpland. :rolleyes:

True, and he’s spent the vast majority of his coaching career at Navy, whose way of operating is dramatically different than other schools. Would be a big adjustment probably in terms of recruiting especially

Reaction Score
True, and he’s spent the vast majority of his coaching career at Navy, whose way of operating is dramatically different than other schools. Would be a big adjustment probably in terms of recruiting especially
He has been offered big jobs before. It would take a lot to move him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orange

Top Bottom