2018-2019 Coaching Carousel | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2018-2019 Coaching Carousel

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
People on the CU board are all clamoring for Miles as well. No way he'd opt to go to Kansas over CU unless KU is going to absolutely break the bank

Reaction Score
People on the CU board are all clamoring for Miles as well. No way he'd opt to go to Kansas over CU unless KU is going to absolutely break the bank

Miles strikes me as being a terrible candidate for both schools. He is more of an inspirational leader and recruiter than tactician and this just has no chance at working at school that has such relative recruiting disadvantages. KU is hopeless regardless so they might as well sign Les for atleast 1 offseason of hype but CU would do much better hiring someone like Wells.

Reaction Score
A Colorado reporter has disputed this report, but I wouldn't be at all surprised. They've tanked after starting the season 5-0. Even still, I'm not sure what they expect to happen at Colorado. As long as they hit 6 wins they should consider it a success.
Must have not witnessed the Rashan Salam, and Eric Bienemy days. How about Kordell Stewart? Those were fun teams.

Reaction Score

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Miles is getting $2.7mm per. Remember that when we are in our next coaching search. We can only afford retreads or coaches with no experience.

That's probably a big reason RE gets 2 more years to figure this out.

Reaction Score
Miles is getting $2.7mm per. Remember that when we are in our next coaching search. We can only afford retreads or coaches with no experience.

That's probably a big reason RE gets 2 more years to figure this out.
I think he’s gone the day after the season ends, FWIW. The Ethics Board seems to agree. And it’s not like he has actual recruiting class to preserve.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
U Seriously think he is gone next week? That would be shocking.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I can tell you the Kansas fans are pretty excited about Les Miles. I disagree with the post above indicating that he can't be successful at KU. Mangiano was successful not that long ago, including an Orange Bowl win and top 10 finish. Mason was successful when I was there.

KU doesn't have any more of a recruiting disadvantage than K-State, Oklahoma State or Nebraska. I think Miles will be able to recruit kids there and will bring a defensive approach that is unique in the Big 12. Beaty miscalculated thinking he could build a spread passing offense and beat the Big 12 teams at their own game.

Reaction Score
I can tell you the Kansas fans are pretty excited about Les Miles. I disagree with the post above indicating that he can't be successful at KU. Mangiano was successful not that long ago, including an Orange Bowl win and top 10 finish. Mason was successful when I was there.

KU doesn't have any more of a recruiting disadvantage than K-State, Oklahoma State or Nebraska. I think Miles will be able to recruit kids there and will bring a defensive approach that is unique in the Big 12. Beaty miscalculated thinking he could build a spread passing offense and beat the Big 12 teams at their own game.

He wasn’t able to recruit a competent QB at one of the top football schools in the country so there’s no chance he gets one at KU.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
He wasn’t able to recruit a competent QB at one of the top football schools in the country so there’s no chance he gets one at KU.

That's just stupid. Are you saying he went 34-6 in the SEC without ever having a competent QB? Matt Flynn was pretty competent.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
That's just stupid. Are you saying he went 34-6 in the SEC without ever having a competent QB? Matt Flynn was pretty competent.
And Jamarcus Russell was good in college.

But...it is true in general, Miles teams weren't great offensively.

Reaction Score
I think he’s gone the day after the season ends, FWIW. The Ethics Board seems to agree. And it’s not like he has actual recruiting class to preserve.
Paging Chief00

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
And Jamarcus Russell was good in college.

But...it is true in general, Miles teams weren't great offensively.

They weren’t great passing teams for sure. But I feel like his approach would work at KU. He doesn’t need to beat Alabama. A team with strong defense and RB and a decent dual threat QB would be plenty to win 7-8 games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom