2018-2019 Coaching Carousel | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2018-2019 Coaching Carousel

Reaction Score
I think he’s gone the day after the season ends, FWIW. The Ethics Board seems to agree. And it’s not like he has actual recruiting class to preserve.
A state Ethics Board with hurt feelings, no teeth, and a losing deck of judicial cards? Nyet! With a lame duck university president, an AD with unclear authorization to make a change, and still on the hook to clean up his and Susie's Ollie mess, you really think "he's" gone the day after the season ends? Unlikely, but even if a change was afoot you really think there's some way it happens without waiting for a million bucks+ discount in early Dec?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Former UVA Head Coach
Mike London
With 2 years of 1-AA success on the backs of inherited recruits at Richmond and not much success with the Wahoos, Bill & Mary's hiring of London may be further evidence cats have 9 lives. He's supposed to be a good guy, well respected, etc, but time will tell with that cat's game day coaching.

Reaction Score
A state Ethics Board with hurt feelings, no teeth, and a losing deck of judicial cards? Nyet! With a lame duck university president, an AD with unclear authorization to make a change, and still on the hook to clean up his and Susie's Ollie mess, you really think "he's" gone the day after the season ends? Unlikely, but even if a change was afoot you really think there's some way it happens without waiting for a million bucks+ discount in early Dec?
The Ethics Board is appealing because the team’s atrocious performance has completely eroded Edsall’s political capital. It’s the canary in the coal mine.

Reaction Score
uh, what? not sure what UMass is expecting out of their program lol I feel like Whipple has done a pretty good job there in the past two seasons
I like Whipple a lot but he has had a lot of time there and you have to win or at least qualify for a minor bowl.

Reaction Score
UMass playing independent is destined for failure. It'd be great if we could bring guys like this in to the program as assistants. He's got too much O knowledge and is sitting in our backyard - bring him in like Saban does with former coaches.

Reaction Score
The Ethics Board is appealing because the team’s atrocious performance has completely eroded Edsall’s political capital. It’s the canary in the coal mine.
Dubious, but sadly the comic relief is appreciated.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
UMass playing independent is destined for failure. It'd be great if we could bring guys like this in to the program as assistants. He's got too much O knowledge and is sitting in our backyard - bring him in like Saban does with former coaches.

Upon reading this, I immediately thought of the possibility of Mike Foley coming back as offensive line coach.

While I wouldn't mind that, I think that Giufre has done a nice job with the young line and they look good. Then I thought that he could come in for tight ends, but that's what Corey Edsall coaches...

Reaction Score
Upon reading this, I immediately thought of the possibility of Mike Foley coming back as offensive line coach.

While I wouldn't mind that, I think that Giufre has done a nice job with the young line and they look good. Then I thought that he could come in for tight ends, but that's what Corey Edsall coaches...
I’d rather keep giufre and edsall

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I’d rather keep giufre and edsall

Edsall wasn't part of the choice, and I would keep Giufre based on his performance too. Even though i'm probably the founding member of the Foley Fan Club...

Reaction Score
Edsall wasn't part of the choice, and I would keep Giufre based on his performance too. Even though i'm probably the founding member of the Foley Fan Club...
Corey Edsall was in the post yes I didn’t say Corey sorry for the confusion

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Corey Edsall was in the post yes I didn’t say Corey sorry for the confusion

The only thing one could do is move Corey to another position and bring in Foley for TEs. At risk of being too negative, a defensive position may open up in the offseason if Corey is qualified...

Reaction Score
Dubious, but sadly the comic relief is appreciated.
Please explain how that’s not a plausible idea.

The ethics board still chose to appeal in the face of a judicial rebuke AND legislation. They’re feeling their political oats, and the team’s performance has a lot to do with that. If the record were flipped the entire issue would have evaporated long ago.

Still think Edsall gets fired after this season. His recruiting has been absolute trash and combined with yet another high profile failure today on Geno’s end talent is speaking quite loudly about the public view of UCONN athletics as a whole.

School’s been writing checks it can’t cash for years and the chickens are home to roost.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

The ethics board still chose to appeal in the face of a judicial rebuke AND legislation. They’re feeling their political oats, and the team’s performance has a lot to do with that. If the record were flipped the entire issue would have evaporated long ago.

Still think Edsall gets fired after this season. His recruiting has been absolute trash and combined with yet another high profile failure today on Geno’s end talent is speaking quite loudly about the public view of UCONN athletics as a whole.

School’s been writing checks it can’t cash for years and the chickens are home to roost.

Not only is the ethics board is a complete political non-entity with no such oats, but I would be shocked if more than one member could provide a response to a question on the football team's current season.

Also, women's basketball recruiting is not "high profile" by any stretch of the word. Full stop.

Man, the trolling here has gotten weak lately.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Plausibility? Sure, if one was to inexplicably believe stuff you're putting forth remotely falls in the domain of the CT State Ethics Board. As confused as the latter's actions suggest, even their recent actions aren't nearly on the same par of comic relief. Carry on ...

Reaction Score

That girl is still attending UConn games. If that makes you feel any better.

Reaction Score
His recruiting has been absolute trash

This is a bullcrap, low basketball IQ statement.

It's way too early to grade Edsall's recruiting as they are all 1st or 2nd year players. I think you will eventually eat these words and time will show that there has been an uptick in recruiting vs Diaco and P.

Players I really like:
Mensah
Travis Jones
Kevon Jones
Jay Rose (Diaco lost him, Edsall recovered him)
Krajewski (big time arm talent)
Pace
Uguak
Haynes
Jeffreys
Ganyi
Oneil Robinson
Jordan Morrison
Ryan Carroll
Keyshawn Paul
Khyon Gillespe
Maurriseau
Zavier Scott
Ian Swenson
Marvin Washinton (kid has talent)
James Tunstall
Nyadu
Hunter Webb
Shamel Lazarus
Lucien
Pierce DeVaughn
Cameron Hairston
Robert King
Turner
Malik Banks
Eli Thomas (damn shame what happened to him)
Santana Sterling (wish he had another year)
Pindell
Gardner
Beavers
Caleb Thomas
and a bunch of offensive lineman who will get their turn to shine.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Tyra's shortlist of Bobby Petrino replacements goes beyond Jeff Brohm

>>Granted, the coaching carousel could pick up speed should USC fire Clay Helton or some other destination job becomes available, but Bovada.com has made Brohm a 10-11 favorite to take the Louisville job, followed by Troy University’s Neal Brown, the former Kentucky offensive coordinator (4-1), Ohio State offensive coordinator Ryan Day (9-2), Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables (6-1) and Cincinnati head coach Luke Fickell (11-1).

Tyra said his shortlist included at least one minority candidate. That could be Syracuse coach Dino Babers (12-1) or, conceivably, former U of L coach Charlie Strong, now the head coach at South Florida.<<

Reaction Score

>>Associate Vice President/Director of Athletics Michael Alford announced today that head football coach John Bonamego will not return.<<

Reaction Score
Adam Rittenberg is reporting on twitter that Texas Tech could fire Kingsbury and BC could fire Addazio.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Adam Rittenberg is reporting on twitter that Texas Tech could fire Kingsbury and BC could fire Addazio.

They should have fired addazio a long time ago then he can come to ct

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom