Reaction Score
Tears from my eyeballs...

Last edited:

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
MOMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Basically won 4 in a row against the World Series favorites, amazing comeback after the game 2 debacle. On to Houston.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I want uncle Joe gone tomorrow.

Maybe he can have another series...

Let’s Go Yanks. If only ALCS tickets were reasonably priced.

Reaction Score
Is Judge the second coming of Dunn? S/o or HR nothing in between
Terrible. Tell me again what year Dunn won rookie of the year or was #1 or #2 in the MVP voting... Adam Dunn never put up an OPS over 1.000 in his entire career and Judge did it as a rookie.

Meanwhile the umpires in this series were calling balls out of the zone up, down, inside and out for strikes against Judge. It should be a crime the ABs they were stealing from him. They called a strike against judge for strike three in this game that was barely 6 inches off the ground and then in the epic at bat by Gardner, they call a ball at his knees a ball. The strike call on judge was nearly a foot below his knee. Absolutely terrible.

Reaction Score
Terrible. Tell me again what year Dunn won rookie of the year or was #1 or #2 in the MVP voting... Adam Dunn never put up an OPS over 1.000 in his entire career and Judge did it as a rookie.

Meanwhile the umpires in this series were calling balls out of the zone up, down, inside and out for strikes against Judge. It should be a crime the ABs they were stealing from him. They called a strike against judge for strike three in this game that was barely 6 inches off the ground and then in the epic at bat by Gardner, they call a ball at his knees a ball. The strike call on judge was nearly a foot below his knee. Absolutely terrible.
The ump tonight had a big zone for both teams.

Reaction Score
Impressive win over excellent team, especially when take into account Judge was a disaster, Sanchez did nothing, and the huge Girardi gaffe.

Reaction Score
So who gets the nod tomorrow as starting pitcher? I haven't done the math on days off, but it always seems that Tanaka pitches better when he's beyond the standard fifth day. I'd probably go with Sonny Gray in Game 1 followed by Tanaka and Severino in some order with CC pitching Game 4.

Reaction Score
Impressive win over excellent team, especially when take into account Judge was a disaster, Sanchez did nothing, and the huge Girardi gaffe.

Judge definitely struggled you know who struggled more was Jose Ramirez and Kipnis just to name a few. Run are hard to come by in the postseason especially against the Indians. Im gonna have to disagree with you about Sanchez doing nothing I dont think a 24 year old calling the games behind the plate are nothing. Sanchez made sure he was on the same page with his pitchers and settle guys down when they were in jams, he looks much better behind the plate now then he did all season, and he did hit 2 hrs this series, I would like to see him grind out more abs. Last night the veterans were the heroes Didi, Frazier, Gardner, of course CC, Robertson and Chapman.

Yeah Girardi was awful in game 2, Francona didnt exactly manage great in this series himself. I think letting Girardi go would be a huge mistake.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
@Dove would do:

Sonny Gray (8 days since?) - Friday, 8:08 at Houston
No Mas Tanaka - Saturday, 4:08 at Houston
Luis Severino - Monday, 8:08 at New Yankee Stadium
CC - Tuesday, TBA at New Yankee Stadium
Sonny Gray - Wednesday, TBA at New Yankee Stadium
No Mas Tanaka - Friday, at Houston
Luis Severino - Saturday at Houston

Not sure to trust Tanaka on the road in a Game 7.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Yeeash...CC is getting the ball for a possible Game 7?

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Yeeash...CC is getting the ball for a possible Game 7?
Hey he's a left-hander so that means he's crafty. If he was a right-hander he would be just another junkball pitcher.
I will say, I like your proposed rotation better, why waste a good starter when the other side is going to shut you down anyway. Surrender to the fact that Keuchel is probably going to shut down the bats and take the loss. Then steal one from Verlander (they've done that before) and bring it home with Tanaka-san, Sabbathia, and Pitcher TBD lined up.
But Joe needs to do his Burnside act, so...

Reaction Score
Hey he's a left-hander so that means he's crafty. If he was a right-hander he would be just another junkball pitcher.
I will say, I like your proposed rotation better, why waste a good starter when the other side is going to shut you down anyway. Surrender to the fact that Keuchel is probably going to shut down the bats and take the loss. Then steal one from Verlander (they've done that before) and bring it home with Tanaka-san, Sabbathia, and Pitcher TBD lined up.
But Joe needs to do his Burnside act, so...

You called that one boba huh? The Keuchel thing with the Yanks is bizarre they wait him out and then swing at strike 3 in the dirt so many times. But hey Bird had an awful turn at 3rd had to do the 3 step in 2 steps because he took it straight in rather than round it - yet he was safe on an awful tag by McCann got the back leg not the front and the foot was in. Didn't expect them to overturn it as there was certainly enough dust and lime to not see it for sure so whatever the call on the field was would stand. Maybe more runs, who knows? But Tanaka was really good again but Altuve is tough and their line up is also. Hindsight says Gray last night and Tanaka Severino CC after, but it was a good game. I think that Verlander is more of an answer for Sanchez and Judge they could get some runs today. They talk about Judge so much that they've protected how actually bad Sanchez has been. He's plain awful swinging at bad pitch after bad pitch. Hate that he didn't even attempt to run to first on the strike 3 in the dirt and bounced away - hate that. Make the effort to make the catcher throw the ball.

Anyway next - 4pm today they have a shot. 1-1 going back home in this one is much more important than Cleveland, Astro's a very solid team.

Reaction Score
You called that one boba huh? The Keuchel thing with the Yanks is bizarre they wait him out and then swing at strike 3 in the dirt so many times. But hey Bird had an awful turn at 3rd had to do the 3 step in 2 steps because he took it straight in rather than round it - yet he was safe on an awful tag by McCann got the back leg not the front and the foot was in. Didn't expect them to overturn it as there was certainly enough dust and lime to not see it for sure so whatever the call on the field was would stand. Maybe more runs, who knows? But Tanaka was really good again but Altuve is tough and their line up is also. Hindsight says Gray last night and Tanaka Severino CC after, but it was a good game. I think that Verlander is more of an answer for Sanchez and Judge they could get some runs today. They talk about Judge so much that they've protected how actually bad Sanchez has been. He's plain awful swinging at bad pitch after bad pitch. Hate that he didn't even attempt to run to first on the strike 3 in the dirt and bounced away - hate that. Make the effort to make the catcher throw the ball.

Anyway next - 4pm today they have a shot. 1-1 going back home in this one is much more important than Cleveland, Astro's a very solid team.

Yankees were getting close on Kluber a couple times just couldn't pull through. I thought the slide by Bird was safe but if he was hustling from 2nd to begin with the play isn't even close and it was on a full count with 2 outs too just no excuse not to score there I think there was a confusion in the sign from the 3rd base coach he pointed at home plate what he shouldve done was wind the arm in a helicopter like motion. Gotta win today, it wouldn't shock me if the Yankees lost today then won games 3 and 4 to tie up the series at 2-2 because thats just how this team does things having a flair for the dramatics lol. Sanchez definitely needs to work the count more at least Judge is doing that guess it comes with experience.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
What a frustrating game...Didi throw the ball like you mean it, Sanchez learn how to catch? You're a catcher....

Reaction Score
Didi did have to short arm it because of the pop up slide which was legal. No matter a good catcher needs to come up with it and make that play all day. He had all the time in the world he can't hit, he's the worst right, now and he can't make a big play. Worthless right now and in game 1 when he struck out once and it got away from the catcher he didn't attempt to run it out, he's be sitting tonight if I were Joe Girardi.

Tough to go cold with the bats as again, the pitching has been great. Hold the Astro's to 2 in each game you should win the first 2. Tough call in game 1 at home with Bird, tough play at 3rd with Gardy (he's safe if he knows how to slide and these head first slides leave you with no options, guys need to slide like a baseball player he could've gone wide right and touched with his hand late and the tag never would've been near him) no breaks their way so far maybe that all changes at home?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Didi did have to short arm it because of the pop up slide which was legal. No matter a good catcher needs to come up with it and make that play all day. He had all the time in the world he can't hit, he's the worst right, now and he can't make a big play. Worthless right now and in game 1 when he struck out once and it got away from the catcher he didn't attempt to run it out, he's be sitting tonight if I were Joe Girardi.

Tough to go cold with the bats as again, the pitching has been great. Hold the Astro's to 2 in each game you should win the first 2. Tough call in game 1 at home with Bird, tough play at 3rd with Gardy (he's safe if he knows how to slide and these head first slides leave you with no options, guys need to slide like a baseball player he could've gone wide right and touched with his hand late and the tag never would've been near him) no breaks their way so far maybe that all changes at home?

Bird had no business being sent home in Game 2 as Gonzalez had the ball when Bird was hitting the bag.

The Reddick-Correia-Bregman play was absolute nails. Gardy had to be aggressive.

Yanks DH spot is 0-27.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Bird had no business being sent home in Game as Gonzalez had the ball when Bird was hitting the bag.

The Reddick-Correia-Bregman play was absolute nails. Gardy had to be aggressive.

Yanks DH spot is 0-27.
It was idiotic for Gardy to be aggressive, there was 2 outs. You never take that risk with two outs.

Reaction Score
Yankees break the broom, the bats woke up and CC was nails tonight. What is up with Betances I was actually ok with him pitching the 9th in a low leverage situation and I have never seen Girardi grab the phone so quickly, I think Betances being wild once again could turn into a good thing so Girardi won't make any stupid move and put Betances in a closer game the rest of the series or at all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom