OT: - 2017 Masters | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: 2017 Masters

Reaction Score
Sergio, gotta make that. He's such a great player but the clutch gene has always been missing.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
He may have missed a couple of makeable putts, but Sergio really impressed me after going down a couple and deciding to just hit shots. Rose missed a couple of shorties too. But over the last 5 + 1 holes, Sergio played better golf which has never been said before in a major. Even the commentators were calling him out of it.

Impressed that he was finally able to beat his own demons.

Reaction Score
He may have missed a couple of makeable putts, but Sergio really impressed me after going down a couple and deciding to just hit shots. Rose missed a couple of shorties too. But over the last 5 + 1 holes, Sergio played better golf which has never been said before in a major. Even the commentators were calling him out of it.

Impressed that he was finally able to beat his own demons.

GREAT par on 13 must have despite an awful swing off the tee. Happy for Sergio and Rose is a class act hope he gets a green jacket too. These 2 made that last hour plus a lot of fun that's for sure.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Poor Lee Westwood now #1 to never win a major. Dude better win The Open.

Reaction Score
I'm not a Sergio fan and feel like he backed into a major. He surely hit a couple major approach irons but, wow....his putts were not even close when he had a chance to make this official sooner than he did.

Reaction Score
I'm not a Sergio fan and feel like he backed into a major. He surely hit a couple major approach irons but, wow....his putts were not even close when he had a chance to make this official sooner than he did.

I would hardly say he "backed into a major", it's not like he was a group or two back and the leaders collapsed. He had a few hiccups early on the back nine, but that par save on 11 and eagle on 15 were as good and clutch as anything I have seen in this tournament. The putt on 16 was bad, but the putt on 18 was exactly where he wanted to hit it and that putt usually does break left, it just didn't. Simply put, he played better overall than Rose down the stretch, and nobody else out there was even close. Willett may have "backed into" the win last year, but Sergio earnedo it here.

Reaction Score

You can't be serious. Two shots down on the back nine on Sunday, he saves par on 14 after hitting into an unplayable lie off the tee (really the only bad drive he hit the entire day) when it looked for certain he'd go down by four. Then he eagles the 15th on a BRILLIANT putt, ties it on 17, gets off the deck after a devastating miss on 18, somehow keeping his poise and refusing to succumb to the usual self-doubt and negativity, then birdies the playoff hole. My goodness, I guess you really aren't a Sergio fan.

Everybody misses putts at Augusta. Everybody. This was one of the most clutch performances I've ever seen on the golf course. His approach shots, during the entire tournament but especially on the back nine Sunday, were unbelievable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom