OT: - 2017 Masters | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: 2017 Masters

Reaction Score
He is still a way below average putter. Dude would have 3-5+ majors if he was even average.

Today's last 2 pairings are as good as you can ask for.

I'll say Rose.

I think Sergio has morphed in to the loveable old guy looking for that career defining win.

Couple of things have helped him.

He made it through the yips and his constant backing off shots.

He has accepted he won't ever be Tiger.

He's been very good for the Ryder Cup.

And he's been playing some consistent good golf on the big stages.

I wouldn't mind at all if he won.

Reaction Score
Was never a Jack fan until he got older. But if you didn't have a couple tears during the opening ceremony watching him and Gary Player hold it together as they spoke of Arnie you aren't human. And then as Jack tee'd off and looked to the sky and tipped his cap in a gesture to his lost buddy, every touching.
I was always a Player fan because he picked me up hitchhiking on Blue Hills Ave on the way to a ball game. He even signed my glove. What a nice guy and a gentleman. He was wearing pants that had 1 white leg and 1 black leg which I thought was pretty cool at the time.
Jack was an arrogant and jealous ass and he always had a problem with Arnold's popularity.

Reaction Score
I was always a Player fan because he picked me up hitchhiking on Blue Hills Ave on the way to a ball game. He even signed my glove. What a nice guy and a gentleman. He was wearing pants that had 1 white leg and 1 black leg which I thought was pretty cool at the time.
Jack was an arrogant and jealous ass and he always had a problem with Arnold's popularity.

As a young player, Jack was quickly the best player. But, he wasn't attractive and followed one of the most charismatic athletes ever. He remedied that and was able to display class when Watson crept up to him. Faldo'o charm was invisible during his playing career. Maybe your age compared to Jack's impacts how you see it. That happened to me, I thought John McEnroe was cool and that Woods was a punk. Of course, my age is closer to McEnroe's.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I've paid zero attention to this until checking the leaderboard this morning to see if it was worth watching. Turns out it will be, so I have an excuse to not do yard work.

Reaction Score
As a young player, Jack was quickly the best player. But, he wasn't attractive and followed one of the most charismatic athletes ever. He remedied that and was able to display class when Watson crept up to him. Faldo'o charm was invisible during his playing career. Maybe your age compared to Jack's impacts how you see it. That happened to me, I thought John McEnroe was cool and that Woods was a punk. Of course, my age is closer to McEnroe's.
Followed Jack at the old ICO (probably the last time he and Arnold played there). He was a pudgy stone faced player who chain smoked Tarryton cigarettes. Arnold was just the opposite: a personable player who always acknowledged his army and went for everything. True, Jack was probably the best player in the world but Arnie still had the popularity. Jack's jealously of Arnie didn't disappear as years went by as Jack would criticize Arnie's course designs long after both had ceased to be competitive.
I never thought Jack or Tiger were cool. BTW, I believe Jack was somewhat longer than Tiger. He could get it out there 330 if he wanted to with his MT Tourney steel shaft wood head driver when the average drive was probably under 260.

Reaction Score
I don't understand why Faldo doesn't play it every year and the Open Championship

He could skip his CBS gig for a week

I don't blame him for not playing that garbage Sr Tour

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
For being 57 and with the number of back issues he's had, Couples' swing looks beautiful - still a full range of motion and fluid follow through.

Reaction Score
Followed Jack at the old ICO (probably the last time he and Arnold played there). He was a pudgy stone faced player who chain smoked Tarryton cigarettes. Arnold was just the opposite: a personable player who always acknowledged his army and went for everything. True, Jack was probably the best player in the world but Arnie still had the popularity. Jack's jealously of Arnie didn't disappear as years went by as Jack would criticize Arnie's course designs long after both had ceased to be competitive.
I never thought Jack or Tiger were cool. BTW, I believe Jack was somewhat longer than Tiger. He could get it out there 330 if he wanted to with his MT Tourney steel shaft wood head driver when the average drive was probably under 260.
According to what I've heard and read, Jack and Arnie were close friends, that used to play bridge with their wifes while on tour. Criticizing course design is like criticizing art. No one sees it the same.
Became a fan if Jack mid 70s when I saw him at a tournament in Memphis. Was in the tree line near where his ball ended up, and he was a perfect gentleman, with a couple of jokes with the fans, before hitting a 4-iron about 230, through a 2' opening about 20 yds in front of him. Didn't even see that shot myself. I would have punched out sideways.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
My two picks to win, Rose and Fowler, looking pretty good. I didn't see Sergio doing this, but he certainly has it in him to finally get the major monkey off his back. Should be an exciting finish.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Wow. Kuchar with the whole in one to go 5 under.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Matt Kuchar just aced 16th.

Seems to be a good hole for these.

Reaction Score
Sergio is a total joke

His inability to make putts always catches up and then he presses and blows up

Rose wins this by 3-4 or more

Reaction Score
Sergio is a total joke

He's driven into major trouble. No putter is going to rescue him from those shots.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Sergio is a total joke

Probably less than that, but not because of Sergio. Rose isn't exactly on fire here.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Boom. All tied. Sergio deserves some props for his recovery after two lousy tee shots

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Well, damn, Sergio is back. Love that he's going for broke here. And it's (mostly) paying off.

Reaction Score
Sergio with almost a double eagle. Really hope he can win this thing. He's been too good for too long to not already have one.

Reaction Score
Does Sergio have the juevos to make this putt and win a major??

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom