2016 Coaching Carousel Begins... | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2016 Coaching Carousel Begins...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
UConn is not dropping football. But if you ask the basketball fans their scenario is UConn drops or downgrades to 1AA them basketball goes to the Big East. Huskyrob and his friends will be happy. Until the Big East slowly becomes the Horizon...
I just don't understand why don't people stop living in the 1990's and realize the Big East is a loser of a conference for UConn to be in? Its like the same crowd to keep saying we should fire Diaco and hire back Randy Edsall as HC. lol

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Big problem for the MAC guys is now your recruiting and game planning against the likes of Harbaugh, Meyer, Dantonio, plus Penn State, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Iowa etc.

Just saying GREAT Mac coaches could struggle at Purdue, just a whole different level from the MAC.
So true... I could see a PJ Fleck fitting in perfect at Purdue though- same recruiting territory. Young, energetic coach with expirence as a HC- unlike what we got with Diaco. There will be much less "learning on the job" with Fleck as a head man in FBS.

Reaction Score
So true... I could see a PJ Fleck fitting in perfect at Purdue though- same recruiting territory. Young, energetic coach with expirence as a HC- unlike what we got with Diaco. There will be much less "learning on the job" with Fleck as a head man in FBS.

You lost me... ?Western Michigan (FBS) was Fleck's first HC job?

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
You lost me... ?Western Michigan (FBS) was Fleck's first HC job?
Its just like Diaco here- except that Fleck actually has head coaching expirence- where as Diaco had to learn on the job (and still is).

Reaction Score
From FootballScoop:

LSU:
According to Steven Godfrey of SBNation, “If, at this moment, LSU were to name its next head coach, Orgeron would be the favorite.” Godfrey adds that LSU’s short list of four other candidates (in order of the level of support they’re getting from boosters and the board of supervisors) includes Jimbo Fisher, Tom Herman, Jim Mora, Dana Holgorsen, and “a young, offensive-minded candidate.”
Here are LSU’s top 4 candidates, if Orgeron doesn’t just keep the job

Reaction Score
The Scoop - Sunday November 6, 2016

>>Butch Davis is the front-runner to land the FIU job, the Sporting News and the Miami Herald have reported in recent days. USA Today also reported the same a few weeks back. The Herald reported FIU is also considering Florida associate head coach Randy Shannon and UF defensive coordiantor Geoff Collins.<<

Pete Garcia has wanted Bitch since he whacked Mario Cristobal a few years back.

Reaction Score
I'd suspect Tuberville is likely out at Cincy. Probably a good idea to keep your mouth shut if fans yell to you that you're stealing from the university. It's a little different that being accused of a violent crime. When you are saying in your press conference that you are just hoping for your team to score a touchdown after a 6 qtr drought it's pretty hard to not defend that fan's point. Time for the radio booth TT.

Reaction Score
Marek Warszawski ‏@MarekTheBee 2h2 hours agoLogan, UT
I believe Jeff Tedford is Jim Bartko's first choice as HC. But no deal has been made, and Tedford will not be on the sideline this season.

Dan Wolken@DanWolken 1 hour ago
Florida OC Doug Nussmeier is another name floating around the industry today for Fresno State

Andrew Marden@andrewmarden 1 hour ago
AD Jim Bartko says there have been "no discussions" with Jeff Tedford, who's been rumored to replace DeRuyter.

Fresno State to name Jeff Tedford as football coach

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score

Interesting....talk about a guy whose star fell quickly. He was considered in line for the top jobs in the country until Cal started struggling. I think Whaler mentioned this in another thread, but this type of coach could be what UConn needs. Experienced, yet not too experienced. Also..he has the offensive capability.

Reaction Score
Haha I love these lists. Why not just say Nick Saban and Jim Harbaugh are under consideration?

Lane Kiffin is not going to Fresno St. As much as I hate him, he's going to get a P5 job. Or he'll just stay at Alabama.

He is making $1.4M at Alabama...no real reason to leave.

Reaction Score

See Phil knight has it all wrong. Defense wins championships. Look at Alabama and their bruising defense that shuts down top playmakers and high scoring offenses. Therefore he really should be in the market for say... A defensive "genius" maybe even a broyles award winning coach that has been to the NC. I don't know who that is but Phil knight should probably get that guy on Oregon's staff at any cost.

Reaction Score
One issue with hiring MAC guys, and I do favor it, is you have to be careful not to get caught in a 1 season hype. My preference would be someone who built something over a couple of years rather than a guy who comes into a Central Michigan and goes 10-3 with a win over Illinois. I like the guy Wake took as an example of a good selection. Clausen. He was there a few years and really built a team over a few years. Looks to be doing the sam at Wake. Hazell on the other hand had less of a track record. FWIW Clausen was one of my choices for UConn.

Reaction Score
One issue with hiring MAC guys, and I do favor it, is you have to be careful not to get caught in a 1 season hype. My preference would be someone who built something over a couple of years rather than a guy who comes into a Central Michigan and goes 10-3 with a win over Illinois. I like the guy Wake took as an example of a good selection. Clausen. He was there a few years and really built a team over a few years. Looks to be doing the sam at Wake. Hazell on the other hand had less of a track record. FWIW Clausen was one of my choices for UConn.

I agree. In addition, a coach who does it with different QB too. So often you have a stud QB who can elevate a team (and a coaches stock) in one or two years and then gets a big job and is exposed.

Reaction Score

I agree. In addition, a coach who does it with different QB too. So often you have a stud QB who can elevate a team (and a coaches stock) in one or two years and then gets a big job and is exposed.

Clawson story from yesterday: John Wolford comes full circle for bowl-bound Wake Forest

Reaction Score
The Scoop - Sunday November 6, 2016

>>Butch Davis is the front-runner to land the FIU job, the Sporting News and the Miami Herald have reported in recent days. USA Today also reported the same a few weeks back. The Herald reported FIU is also considering Florida associate head coach Randy Shannon and UF defensive coordiantor Geoff Collins.<<

Pete Garcia has wanted Bitch since he whacked Mario Cristobal a few years back.

ESPN analyst Davis leaving to be FIU coach

AP: FIU hires Butch Davis as its coach, gives him 5-year deal

Reaction Score

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors