Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Another one bites the dust....

Reaction Score
Since many Boneyard posters are wild about Diaco -- what about starting Diaco to Purdue chants? He can use Boneyard as a reference.

Reaction Score
Maybe ND wants Debacle back...
BD will be on the phone in a heartbeat with Kelly tomorrow if SH and DB sack football, as will all UCONN players worth a damn and signed recruits.

Reaction Score
I'm very curious as to where you're getting this idea.
If you think the State of Connecticut and the Hartford statehouse is behind the football program in Storrs, then I have to tell you, the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus do not exist and Dan Malloy wipes his ass with his season tickets. If Malloy had his way we'd be back in Division II.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
If you think the State of Connecticut and the Hartford statehouse is behind the football program in Storrs, then I have to tell you, the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus do not exist and Dan Malloy wipes his ass with his season tickets. If Malloy had his way we'd be back in Division II.

You have any public comments he's made to back this up? This is the first time I'm hearing of Malloy wanting to send us back to a division we were never a member of...

I'd also think that if the President and AD were thinking of shutting down football, there'd be more than one person on a message board spreading the word. Hell, why even hire Benedict from an SEC school if you're trashing football?

Reaction Score
I'd be shocked if Finebaum doesn't replace Corso

Other candidates include Tebow, Mack Brown

The most likely outcome is Diaco goes back to NC is Kelly keeps his job.

Since many Boneyard posters are wild about Diaco -- what about starting Diaco to Purdue chants? He can use Boneyard as a reference.
My predictions for coaching moves:

TEXAS- fires Charlie Strong, hires Tom Herman. (this is a slam dunk for Texas IMO...)

HOUSTON- loses Tom Herman to Texas, hires Lincoln Riley from OU. (another big win)

LSU- hires Art Briles? (I know that's playing w/ fire, but the guy builds winners and they need a big name to replace Les Miles. 50/50 shot... maybe Jimbo Fisher comes back)

USC- fires Clay Helton, hires PJ Fleck. (deserves a shot at the next level after what he's done w/ Western Michigan)

IOWA- parts ways w/ long-time HC Kirk Ferentz (and he winds up on the UConn staff somehow?), they hire Bryan Harsin (from Bosie State)

UCONN- Makes no coaching changes. Diaco returns to filful his contract term at least.

(Other: Les Miles goes to ESPN to replace Lee Corso on College Gameday next season.)

Reaction Score
PJ Fleck ain't going to USC ... that's crazy.

Reaction Score
You have any public comments he's made to back this up? This is the first time I'm hearing of Malloy wanting to send us back to a division we were never a member of...

I'd also think that if the President and AD were thinking of shutting down football, there'd be more than one person on a message board spreading the word. Hell, why even hire Benedict from an SEC school if you're trashing football?
No they won't shut down football, but will they sack Division I-A football and send the program back to Division I-AA? It would not surprise me to see that happen in 6 or 7 years, obviously they can't do it overnight like the Governor wants, as there would be a statewide revolt. Can they weaken the program year by year? Yes absolutely, and the reason is money, and it just is not there. UCONN football is at the bottom of the states list of priorities. If it was at the top of the states list of priorities, Bob Diaco never would have been hired as our head coach, he'd be being considered as our Defensive Coordinator, our stadium would be on campus in Storrs and hold between 50,000 and 60,000 fans. Last but not least our AD's office would not have a revolving door, and our present AD would be a former P5 AD. Connecticut as a state has among the highest taxes in the country, the economy sucks. Corporations are leaving the state in droves. Look at the AP top 20, are there any teams in the top 20 that play in a high tax state? Look at Houston and how that team has exploded on the scene, do you think it's a coincidence that that program and it's rise happened in Texas? For a state to support major college football programs, BOTH PUBLIC AND PRIVATE SCHOOLS, you need a decent economy and relatively low taxes and cost of living. Sure there might be some exceptions to this rule here and there, but a small minority.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Dan Malloy has less than a full term left as Gov. Then he will be known as "Former Gov Dan Malloy"! Who really cares what he thinks of UConn football..or UConn sports for that matter!

Reaction Score
Lol Purdue claims that some of the names you'll hear wrt to their opening are Les Mikes and Lane Kiffin.
Hahahahahahahahahaha

Reaction Score
Dan Malloy has less than a full term left as Gov. Then he will be known as "Former Gov Dan Malloy"! Who really cares what he thinks of UConn football..or UConn sports for that matter!
It's not just what Malloy thinks, his successor will be cut from the same cloth. I can't remember the last time Connecticut had a conservative republican or democrat, or conservative dominated statehouse. Besides conservative Democrats became extinct about 20 years ago. Look at it another way, for the most part, every state that produces big time college football teams year after year, regardless of who the coach is, will go for Trump heavily in the upcoming election. He might not win all those states but he won't be trounced by Clinton either, like he will be in CT, NY, Mass, NJ, Calif. I'm not a Trump supporter, can't stand the guy, I'm just stating how i think big time college sports, economics and politics effect each other.

Reaction Score
No they won't shut down football, but will they sack Division I-A football and send the program back to Division I-AA? It would not surprise me to see that happen in 6 or 7 years, obviously they can't do it overnight like the Governor wants, as there would be a statewide revolt. Can they weaken the program year by year? Yes absolutely, and the reason is money, and it just is not there. UCONN football is at the bottom of the states list of priorities. If it was at the top of the states list of priorities, Bob Diaco never would have been hired as our head coach, he'd be being considered as our Defensive Coordinator, our stadium would be on campus in Storrs and hold between 50,000 and 60,000 fans. Last but not least our AD's office would not have a revolving door, and our present AD would be a former P5 AD. Connecticut as a state has among the highest taxes in the country, the economy sucks. Corporations are leaving the state in droves. Look at the AP top 20, are there any teams in the top 20 that play in a high tax state? Look at Houston and how that team has exploded on the scene, do you think it's a coincidence that that program and it's rise happened in Texas? For a state to support major college football programs, BOTH PUBLIC AND PRIVATE SCHOOLS, you need a decent economy and relatively low taxes and cost of living. Sure there might be some exceptions to this rule here and there, but a small minority.

It's not just what Malloy thinks, his successor will be cut from the same cloth. I can't remember the last time Connecticut had a conservative republican or democrat, or conservative dominated statehouse. Besides conservative Democrats became extinct about 20 years ago. Look at it another way, for the most part, every state that produces big time college football teams year after year, regardless of who the coach is, will go for Trump heavily in the upcoming election. He might not win all those states but he won't be trounced by Clinton either, like he will be in CT, NY, Mass, NJ, Calif. I'm not a Trump supporter, can't stand the guy, I'm just stating how i think big time college sports, economics and politics effect each other.

Okay - go play in the Cesspool.

None of this has to do w/ the Thread topic.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

There are no term limits on the governor's office. He could be gone by January if Clinton wins the presidential election. He's been angling for a spot in her cabinet for quite a while. If she doesn't win or doesn't name him to the cabinet, he very well could seek a third term in 2018.

Reaction Score

So completely wrong on so many levels it's not even worth the effort to try to correct.

Reaction Score

You must absolutely dazzle all your friends at parties.

Reaction Score
There are no term limits on the governor's office. He could be gone by January if Clinton wins the presidential election. He's been angling for a spot in her cabinet for quite a while. If she doesn't win or doesn't name him to the cabinet, he very well could seek a third term in 2018.

At the risk of making this thread more political than it already is, Malloy has been quoted as stating he won't be running for re-election in 2018.

That will be the last non-sports thread I will make in here.

Reaction Score
Tom Herman following today's Big XII announcement

3BBIxhN.gif

tumblr_ncsuqeAof21sls6rho1_400.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads