2016 Coaching Carousel Begins...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Diaco apparently has interviewed for the Arkansas DC job already too:

Coaching rumors: Bob Diaco emerges as Arkansas DC candidate; OC Dan Enos could leave, too

"According to a report from Bart Pohlman from Sports Talk with Bo Mattingly, recently fired UConn coach Bob Diaco has emerged as a candidate and has officially interviewed for the job. However, regardless of who ends up with the job, current defensive backs coach Paul Rhoads is expected to serve as the co-defensive coordinator."

Hence why there have been no interviews/comments. Looking for the next opportunity.

Reaction Score
Diaco apparently has interviewed for the Arkansas DC job already too:

Coaching rumors: Bob Diaco emerges as Arkansas DC candidate; OC Dan Enos could leave, too

"According to a report from Bart Pohlman from Sports Talk with Bo Mattingly, recently fired UConn coach Bob Diaco has emerged as a candidate and has officially interviewed for the job. However, regardless of who ends up with the job, current defensive backs coach Paul Rhoads is expected to serve as the co-defensive coordinator."

Quick look at the pants situation and it's a match made in heaven:

56a827890d94a.image.jpg

Reaction Score
Quick look at the pants situation and it's a match made in heaven:

View attachment 18569
Not surprised in this in the least!
Diaco played with Bielema at Iowa for a season, and Bielema was a GA there while Diaco played there. Diaco was a GA there while Bielema was LB coach.
Bielema played 89-92, GA 94-95, LB Coach 96-01
Diaco Played 92-95, GA 96-97

Drew

Reaction Score

just was listening to this segment and heard Diaco's name come across as someone they'd be considering. Think this actually might not be a bad spot for him to land given his NJ recruiting ties and B1G experience

Reaction Score
I'm sure it was posted somewhere, but please promise me we included "offset" language in contract so that his buyout will be offset versus what he makes wherever he lands

Reaction Score
I'm sure it was posted somewhere, but please promise me we included "offset" language in contract so that his buyout will be offset versus what he makes wherever he lands

Both the original contract and extension are silent on new employment offset language as far as I can tell ((no specific language).

Reaction Score
Taggart killing it if true:

Scott Reed ‏@DSAFootball 10h 10 hours ago
A source tells me tonight that Mario Cristobal to Oregon should be finalized tomorrow.

Well, there goes my first choice for OL Coach ;)

Ryan Bartow ‏@RyanBartow 1m 1 minute ago
BREAKING: #Alabama TEs/tackles coach Mario Cristobal leaving to be the new co-Offensive Coordinator at #Oregon.

Ace recruiter Cristobal leaving Bama for Oregon

Amazing what that p5 label does for attracting coaches and players.

Drew

Reaction Score
Bob about to get paid no matter where he ends up:

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
It's no coincidence that he's only rumored as at schools with red as their primary color. I can't wait for the interview where his lack of success is attributed to our lack of red apparel.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

Cornhuskers saying "he is one of the top defensive minds in college football".

Really? That's a bit of a stretch isn't it? His bend don't break approach isn't exactly revolutionary.

After sitting through three years of his defensive schemes,..... I have to agree with you Shaky. What did I miss in total reality of what we viewed.??
Was it the recruiting on D ?? His coaches ? His philosophy? Over the last 4 games, we gave up 144 points to the like of Tulane, ECU, BC etc....not exactly Alabama. We had 2 wins
over 3 year period, excluding FCS schools and teams with losing records,...... said another way.... 2 wins in 3 years over FBS schools that had a winning record. "Top defensive minds ????"
If he was, then he forgot most of what he learned or never applied it, that is what I call "mind numbing".....

Best wishes former HCBD...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34