2016 Coaching Carousel Begins... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2016 Coaching Carousel Begins...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hopefully the pony swings through CT if things don't change by the end of the season.

Reaction Score
Houston Chronicle: UH coach Tom Herman sits tight amid tidal wave of interest

>>I asked Herman this week if he ever thinks about his career trajectory - or people deciding it for him? "No, it's day-to-day," he said without hesitation. "I want to beat UConn. That's all I'm concerned with." Are you happy in Houston? "Yes, very happy," he said. Then he politely told me: "That's all you're getting."<<

Reaction Score
So who do you want: Miles, Kelly or Franklin.
I don't want any of the above......
I want Joe Moorehead back as HC.
Left here, went to Fordham as HC. Built a creditable winning program from the ground up and now at PSU as OC.
His next career move is to FBS as a HC.

If by some fluke we were admitted into p5 conference, keep an eye on Mike Norvell from Memphis (first year HC at Memphis)
{assuming Memphis stays in the AAC} whose Memphis Tigers hung 77 on Bowling Green.

Reaction Score
I personally wouldn't want Miles at UCONN. I mean his offense, even with all these top ranked recruits, hasn't been much better than we've scene here. I'd love to see Moorhead or Orlando back as HC if it comes to that. But for now I'll support Diaco no matter how bad his in game decisions are. So reason even after all the bad, I get so amped for the next game.

Reaction Score
We've always had a Defensive minded coach be our HC since we transitioned to the FBS level.

It's gotta be safe to say that when the search for a new coach comes again, it'll be an offensive guy... just has to be... I think we can fill the need on defense thru assistant coaches and not skip a beat on that side of the ball.

Reaction Score
If we were to go with a defensive minded coach I want one who believes in an aggressive philosophy on both sides of the ball. I want a coach willing to go for it on 4th and short, someone willing to try an innovative offense. I want someone who will bring excitement to the program. As we all saw the age of the person has no impact on how they'll coach. Diaco in many ways is more of a dinosaur than most any coach I can think of. I miss Don Brown's defense, I get the feeling that his aggressive attitude would carry over to an offense if he were the head coach.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
My predictions for coaching moves:

TEXAS- fires Charlie Strong, hires Tom Herman. (this is a slam dunk for Texas IMO...)

HOUSTON- loses Tom Herman to Texas, hires Lincoln Riley from OU. (another big win)

LSU- hires Art Briles? (I know that's playing w/ fire, but the guy builds winners and they need a big name to replace Les Miles. 50/50 shot... maybe Jimbo Fisher comes back)

USC- fires Clay Helton, hires PJ Fleck. (deserves a shot at the next level after what he's done w/ Western Michigan)

IOWA- parts ways w/ long-time HC Kirk Ferentz (and he winds up on the UConn staff somehow?), they hire Bryan Harsin (from Bosie State)

UCONN- Makes no coaching changes. Diaco returns to filful his contract term at least.

(Other: Les Miles goes to ESPN to replace Lee Corso on College Gameday next season.)

Reaction Score
My predictions for coaching moves:

TEXAS- fires Charlie Strong, hires Tom Herman. (this is a slam dunk for Texas IMO...)

HOUSTON- loses Tom Herman to Texas, hires Lincoln Riley from OU. (another big win)

LSU- hires Art Briles? (I know that's playing w/ fire, but the guy builds winners and they need a big name to replace Les Miles. 50/50 shot... maybe Jimbo Fisher comes back)

USC- fires Clay Helton, hires PJ Fleck. (deserves a shot at the next level after what he's done w/ Western Michigan)

IOWA- parts ways w/ long-time HC Kirk Ferentz (and he winds up on the UConn staff somehow?), they hire Bryan Harsin (from Bosie State)

UCONN- Makes no coaching changes. Diaco returns to filful his contract term at least.

(Other: Les Miles goes to ESPN to replace Lee Corso on College Gameday next season.)

USC I not firing Helton & hiring PJ Fleck. This or Oregon will be the likely landing spot for Chip Kelly when he realizes he no longer wants to coach in the NFL.

Iowa gave Ferentz an extension last month thru 2026. He's not going anywhere

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
USC I not firing Helton & hiring PJ Fleck. This or Oregon will be the likely landing spot for Chip Kelly when he realizes he no longer wants to coach in the NFL.

Iowa gave Ferentz an extension last month thru 2026. He's not going anywhere
Where do you think Fleck ends up? Moving into a P5 job, or staying at W. Michigan?

Reaction Score

You will have to pry the mascot headgear from Corso's cold dead hand. Dude came back from a stroke. Ain't going easily.

Reaction Score
Oregon get pasted by Washington 42-14. Helfrich is toast.

Reaction Score
Oregon get pasted by Washington 42-14. Helfrich is toast.
Last year Ducks didn't go to Bowl - 2004
Last loss to 2nd rival Washington - 2003

This year both will happen

Reaction Score
Seems like lotsa high profile jobs will be open.
  • LSU
  • Baylor (Grobe was just 1-yr temp, right?)
  • Auburn ?
  • Texas
  • Oregon
  • Notre Dame ?
  • USC ?
My guess is some of the lower P5/upper G5 hold off on coaching changes because the market will be so tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom