2016 Coaching Carousel Begins... | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2016 Coaching Carousel Begins...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sniffing around:

Delaware whacked their head coach Dave Brock back in the middle of October. In a recent interview - Delaware Athletic Director Chrissi Rawak said that UD’s pool of candidates is down to about six. The article reports possible candidates include Coastal Carolina head coach Joe Moglia, Richmond head coach Danny Rocco, Chattanooga head coach Russ Heusman, Tennessee defensive coordinator Bob Shoop, Sam Houston State offensive coordinator Phil Longo and Maryland assistants Pete Lembo and Mike London.

Some interesting names in that group for 1AA opening.

Reaction Score
Could you imagine UConn having three future NFL head coaches on the staff at the same time? Well it happened in 1964 and 1965. Head coach Rick Forzano coached the Detroit Lions from 1974 to 1976. DB coach Sam Rutigliano coached the Cleveland Browns from 1978 to 1984. Assistant Lou Holtz coached the NY Jets in 1976. UConn went 4-4-1 in 1964 and 3-6 in 1965.

P.S. I realize a lot of people here were aware of this. I just posted it because I thought the younger crowd would find it interesting.

Got one better. Tom Landry ran the Giant's defense while Vince Lombardi ran their offense at the same time in the 50's. Before my time but pretty cool.

Reaction Score
Got one better. Tom Landry ran the Giant's defense while Vince Lombardi ran their offense at the same time in the 50's. Before my time but pretty cool.
I knew that. But you can also say Tom Coughlin and Bill Belichick were on Bill Parcells staff with the Giants. All three won multiple Super Bowls as head coaches and most likely will all be in the Hall of Fame one day.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Sniffing around:

Delaware whacked their head coach Dave Brock back in the middle of October. In a recent interview - Delaware Athletic Director Chrissi Rawak said that UD’s pool of candidates is down to about six. The article reports possible candidates include Coastal Carolina head coach Joe Moglia, Richmond head coach Danny Rocco, Chattanooga head coach Russ Heusman, Tennessee defensive coordinator Bob Shoop, Sam Houston State offensive coordinator Phil Longo and Maryland assistants Pete Lembo and Mike London.

Isn't Coastal Carolina moving up to FBS? Or am I not remembering that correctly. I only ask because if they are, I don't understand why their head coach would want to go back down to FCS.

EDIT: they are in the process of moving up....Coastal Carolina Chanticleers football - Wikipedia

Reaction Score
Isn't Coastal Carolina moving up to FBS? Or am I not remembering that correctly. I only ask because if they are, I don't understand why their head coach would want to go back down to FCS.

EDIT: they are in the process of moving up....Coastal Carolina Chanticleers football - Wikipedia

Joe Moglia is a fascinating guy. What he is doing at Coastal is nothing short of miraculous. What do Uconn Fans think about him as a prospective coach?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Joe Moglia is a fascinating guy. What he is doing at Coastal is nothing short of miraculous. What do Uconn Fans think about him as a prospective coach?
Other than the fact that he is 67 he would fit the bill very well.

Reaction Score
Moglia is probably the type of guy the big wigs up here that make decisions should've probably brought in. He gets it done. and he has a business mindset this state loves so much.

Reaction Score

While Diaco pretends to be a visionary program builder this guy is actually the genuine article. The key would be allowing him the funds to hire a good staff so that a smooth transition could be made in 4-5 years when he decides to retire. Like Ktuck mentioned I think his business mindset would resonate with a lot of the state's fans. Particularly those living on The Gold Coast.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score

Not to get political....but...67 is too old to coach but we just elected a 70 year old president. Politics seems to be the only profession where age doesn't matter. For some reason...

Reaction Score
Sniffing around:

I like Pete Lembo. He has done awesome job everywhere he has been.

Reaction Score
It is Chip Brown but hmmm....

Chip Brown ‏@ChipBrownHD 12m12 minutes ago
Tom Herman is close to being named the next coach at #LSU, multiple sources told http://HornsDigest.com Thursday.
SOURCES: LSU CLOSING IN ON HERMAN

To me it sounds like someone is leveraging Texas to poop or get off the pot.

Zach Barnett@zach_barnett 19 mins ago
Reading between the lines on the@ChipBrownHD and @BDavisAAS reports, it seems UT knows it's lost Herman and is playing damage control.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Zach Barnett@zach_barnett 19 mins ago
Reading between the lines on the@ChipBrownHD and @BDavisAAS reports, it seems UT knows it's lost Herman and is playing damage control.

Assuming his recruiting region doesn't change drastically, I actually think that LSU is the better job, even though you have to compete with Alabama. Maybe that's just me...

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
It is being speculated that Texas may not fire Charlie Strong. He has Saturday to beat TCU and be bowl eligible.

Its crazy out there.

Reaction Score
Joseph Duarte@Joseph_Duarte39 mins ago
. @UHouston BOR chair @TilmanJFeritta says UH will sit down w/ Herman after season, “make adjustments to contract, pay him what he’s worth.”

Joseph Duarte@Joseph_Duarte 42 mins ago
Sources: UH AD Hunter Yurachek met with agent for Tom Herman this week, offered extension that includes seven-figure increase in total comp

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Joseph Duarte@Joseph_Duarte 42 mins ago
Sources: UH AD Hunter Yurachek met with agent for Tom Herman this week, offered extension that includes seven-figure increase in total comp
Does Houston really have boosters that give enough for them to offer such an extension? In a time where we can't afford to fire our coach due to his $5 million buyout yet our conference mates, who aren't getting Big East money, are tossing money at their HC like it's nothing, I find it amazing. Before I believed they did this with the intent of getting Big 12 money soon. Now that that's gone, they are still blowing the bank with money they don't have (unless it's from boosters)

Reaction Score
Does Houston really have boosters that give enough for them to offer such an extension? In a time where we can't afford to fire our coach due to his $5 million buyout yet our conference mates, who aren't getting Big East money, are tossing money at their HC like it's nothing, I find it amazing. Before I believed they did this with the intent of getting Big 12 money soon. Now that that's gone, they are still blowing the bank with money they don't have (unless it's from boosters)
Tillman Fertitta has VERY deep pockets. He has a LOT of money and is UH's version of T. Boone Pickens

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Tillman Fertitta has VERY deep pockets. He has a LOT of money and is UH's version of T. Boone Pickens
Man I wish we had a sugar daddy sometimes.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom