#1 Stanford falls [merged thread] | Page 3 | The Boneyard

#1 Stanford falls [merged thread]

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Louisville has never been ranked #1. We have had great teams in the past, but UConn always had better teams. I am absolutely biased but I have watched a ton of womens basketball and Louisville is easily the best team in the country at this point.
Will Jeff be raising a banner for being ranked #1 for the first time???!!! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Watching the game now. Not one of Stanford's better games but props to Colorado for playing tough and never giving up in this game. Hey. Get that win when you can. Huge win for Colorado. Congrats, ladies!!

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
UConn is the most talented team in WCBB this season. They have height which LVille doesnt have. They have terrific guards as does LVIlle and Stanford. UConn has the best defense in the top 7 teams ranked. LVille is ranked number 1 and congrats to them but just like every other team in WCBB your biggest fear comes from the name UConn. NC State will be a good test for LVille in 2 weeks Feb 1
I would love to see a Cunane vs. Nelson-Ododa matchup in the NCAAT.

Reaction Score
I definitely learned today. She does everything and even though I’ve never heard of her, I could tell it was no fluke that she was as dominant as she was.
Auto correct keeps putting an r in Mya’s name.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately when we beat DePaul by 41 it was the experience you were gonna get had you not chickened out!!!!! I am not predicting the point total just that you would have got your @ss kicked. Have Geno reach out to Jeff I am sure they could arrange something!!!!
Just like every visiting fan has you will talk your trash and then upon losing to UConn disappear and hide because you were wrong. Many like you have gone this route.

Reaction Score
I bet Colorado is feeling the redemption for the double heartbreak last season they had against the Cardinal. Congratulations to them!

Reaction Score
Wrong!!!! Someone on UConns campus caught Covid and Geno saw that it was an opportunity to get out of taking a butt kicking that early in the season!!!! I get it. It makes perfect sense!!!! : ) He is absolutely smart and the best coach in women basketball history!!!
Hello in there, Beauxregard, tell me something: what color is the sky in your world? Come out and breathe the fresh air of the real world sometime, you'd enjoy it.....

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
You crack me up tdf. I always enjoy your posts. IMHO, as a rival to our women, you are most welcome here. Having read many of your posts, I have some idea of your passion for your team. In that light, being a Mainer, I apologize for JPM having not been able to give you much to hope for. I did enjoy many of the teams GG put on the floor. As most who enjoy WCBB, I am looking forward to what KL will be able to accomplish. I believe she will be very successful.
Please keep your sense of humor and continue to share it with us.

Thanks for the kind words. I just try to earn my keep around here..... and keep things light whenever possible.

Concerning Duke's former coach... .. no need to apologize... I don't hold Maine responsible ?, though if you wanted to send down a few lobster tails...I'd surely accept ;)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
And when is the last time UConn lost to a team with a losing record?
I think it was back when dinosaurs roamed the earth! ;)

Seriously, I tried looking it up online and all I could find were articles about UCONN winning streaks. I have to imagine it would be back in Geno's first few years. Maybe 1987 or 1988? Or... It could be against a good team very early in the season who lost their first game.

For example, Baylor plays Texas first game of the season, loses, and then plays and beats UCONN in our first game. Technically we lose to a team with a losing record, but it's not the whole story.

Reaction Score
I bet Colorado is feeling the redemption for the double heartbreak last season they had against the Cardinal. Congratulations to them!
I was pretty sure Colorado would win this one, given those two heart breaking losses. At half time with Buffs down by two I said the comeback required Frida hitting threes. She did just that. She started out the season hot from beyond the arc, then did her version of 0 for America, going 1 for 20. Like UConn’s foreign sophomore, the Colorado foreign freshman found her shot. I suspect Tara’s mom watched from her living room in Boulder with mixed feelings—well, very slightly mixed. She’s in her 90s and before COVID was a fixture at Buff games but sat behind Stanford bench when Cardinal was in town.

Reaction Score
Same here. I clocked him long ago after his first

Note the poster’s handle: triadDUKEfan
Yeah, I knew that the poster is a Duke fan. And a fan of WBB in general.

We Louisville fans have listened to "dirty birds" comments from UK fans for longer than I can remember. Surprised to see it here.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom