#1 Stanford falls [merged thread] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

#1 Stanford falls [merged thread]

Reaction Score
Uconn has been fairly fortunate in terms of some of the teams that potentially could have run the table in a shortened season have lost. The ACC could still produce an unbeaten team, but since they play each other, one of Louisville or NC State has to have a loss.

If Uconn can beat Tennessee and South Carolina, then undefeated for the regular season is probable IMO. Tennessee I expect to be more competitive, but still not a game where the outcome is in doubt by midway thru the fourth quarter. SC on the other hand about a 50/50 proposition.

Reaction Score
At the half, I commented on the general bb forum that Stanford would win unless Frida Forman started hitting threes. Frida Forman started hitting threes. Myra just kept hitting everything. Last year Stanford took a boneheaded defensive lapse on CU’s part with under 3 seconds left to pull out a win in first game, then won the second on an off balance 40 foot hail Mary. Colorado got revenge today, though if they could have made a few damn more free throws, it would not have gone to OT. Missing 11 free throws cost them a win vs Arizona. Stanford jumped out to an 8-0 lead, then were outscored 75-64 the rest of the way. CU took its first lead 24 minutes in, then it was back and forth, with numerous ties and lead changes.

Reaction Score
She played like she was the best player on the court, which she was. Didn’t let Brink get in her head. Never heard of her before this game but she played like a complete stud. Did it all.
Myra leads the PAC-12 in double doubles.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Wrong!!!! Someone on UConns campus caught Covid and Geno saw that it was an opportunity to get out of taking a butt kicking that early in the season!!!! I get it. It makes perfect sense!!!! : ) He is absolutely smart and the best coach in women basketball history!!!
Boy you are really full of BS today, the someone was a person that was part of the Women's staff personnel. When Louisville lost the NC and Duke games, Geno wanted to get the cancelled game made up, but it was Jeff that decided to play those lowly rated teams and not UConn. So don't try to feed that C**P to us here on the Boneyard.

Reaction Score
32 points
In addition to 32 points, Myra had 10 rebounds for her PAC-12 leading 6th double double of the year. Oh, and she had five steals. It would have been 7 DDs but she only had 9 boards against Cal. Maybe people elsewhere will finally learn what we in Colorado have known for a while. She is an AA caliber player.

Last edited:

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Unfortunately when we beat DePaul by 41 it was the experience you were gonna get had you not chickened out!!!!! I am not predicting the point total just that you would have got your @ss kicked. Have Geno reach out to Jeff I am sure they could arrange something!!!!

Are you serious?

BTW - Geno have Jeff have talked.

Reaction Score
Stanford is overrated and Louisville is definitely overrated. UConn is the best team in the country and everyone would’ve been able to see that against Baylor, but we all know Kim really chickened out.
Yeah she purposely caught a deadly flu just to avoid a basketball game.
Makes sense.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
tree.jpg

Reaction Score
In addition to 32 points, Myra had 10 rebounds for her PAC-12 leading 6th double double of the year. Oh, and she had five steals. It would have been 7 DDs but she only had 9 boards against Cal. Maybe people elsewhere will finally learn what we in Colorado have known for a while. She is an AA caliber player.
I definitely learned today. She does everything and even though I’ve never heard of her, I could tell it was no fluke that she was as dominant as she was.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
UConn is the most talented team in WCBB this season. They have height which LVille doesnt have. They have terrific guards as does LVIlle and Stanford. UConn has the best defense in the top 7 teams ranked. LVille is ranked number 1 and congrats to them but just like every other team in WCBB your biggest fear comes from the name UConn. NC State will be a good test for LVille in 2 weeks Feb 1

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
The number one ranked team in the nation is not necessarily the best team. I think UConn would struggle with the quickness of the Louisville guards, well, at least one of their guards. I believe it would be a competitive game. As of now I don't think UConn is the best team. They have a lot of talent and may eventually become the best team but, maybe not this season because, there is too much inconsistency in games being played. However, if they end up playing as many as twenty five games I believe they could become the very best team this season.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Let me say this. LVille will be ranked number 1 but UConn is still the best team in WCBB. With that said this long layoff will create rust so beware. NC State is very good as is Stanford but they all can be beaten. UConn with a little rust will wear it off over the next few weeks as they have games to play. My only concern is we may get some southern cookin when we go down to Tenn to play on Thursday. I remember the ole days and thats just we got and that made it very difficult to beat Tenn.
1. 'UConn is the best team in WCBB.' yes.
2. 'With that said this long layoff will create rust so beware.' no, and don't say 'be ware' as we'll tell you 'where to be!' and paige don't rust.
stamfart, loserville, who cares?
line 'em up, knock 'em down. enjoy the ride.
?

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I cant see LVille beating UCONN right now. They wont be able to drive the lane like they do against other teams. From some of the games Ive watched alot of good teams lack height and lack most importantly defense. Too many dribble drives. Geno may say UConns defense isnt good and it may not be but its better at keep opponents from dribble driving to the basket. JMO

Reaction Score
I definitely learned today. She does everything and even though I’ve never heard of her, I could tell it was no fluke that she was as dominant as she was.
Now CU just needs for Belibi to get homesick and transfer home and for Lauren Betts to realize she could be the Rebecca Lobo of Colorado.

Reaction Score
Louisville has never been ranked #1. We have had great teams in the past, but UConn always had better teams. I am absolutely biased but I have watched a ton of womens basketball and Louisville is easily the best team in the country at this point.
I like Jeff and Louisville, but let’s see what happens when they play NC State.

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
Fixed it........ dirty birds ;)
You crack me up tdf. I always enjoy your posts. IMHO, as a rival to our women, you are most welcome here. Having read many of your posts, I have some idea of your passion for your team. In that light, being a Mainer, I apologize for JPM having not been able to give you much to hope for. I did enjoy many of the teams GG put on the floor. As most who enjoy WCBB, I am looking forward to what KL will be able to accomplish. I believe she will be very successful.
Please keep your sense of humor and continue to share it with us.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom