“It’s all over” - A compilation of a few really dumb posts | Page 5 | The Boneyard

“It’s all over” - A compilation of a few really dumb posts

If these were your only 5 options...

• Hurley

Votes: 80 75.5%
  • Crean

Votes: 15 14.2%
  • McGrath

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Sanchez

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Skerry

Votes: 7 6.6%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
You might be the biggest idiot this board has ever seen. A monumental feat that should make your parents proud.
The guy fired diaco and hired.... Randy Edsall!!!

Yay!! They went 3-9. Be proud of state U

Ollie and squad ‘17-18 is embarassing the entire state... woohoooo

People don’t even show up to games anymore

Yay!!!! This AD is dynamite. Maybe give him a 10yr extension!

I’m sure your parents are proud to produce an unoriginal loser who can’t produce a coherent thought or argument on a damn blog

Reaction Score
I think this game will more resemble the Zona game. Which is better than today but still another frustrating loss

Reaction Score
If Ollie is fired now does he get 10 million this year or is it spread out over the term of the contract?

If the buyout is spread out then the real cost of firing Ollie now is the new coaches salary. (maybe 1 million per year to start)

Call JC ASAP.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Your narrative that UConn won’t be able to find a quality replacement is strange and illogical.

It's the only logical take present on this board.

The state and university are in dire financial straits, which greatly weakens our ability to compensate a high-caliber coach. The AD cannot afford to pay anyone what KO is making, especially due to the poor quality of our future TV deals and the increasingly wide gap between P5 and non-P5 programs in terms of revenue.

We are coming off of a putrid three-year stretch that has completely destroyed what little "fan base" of non-frontrunners we had. No prospective coach will find our roster going forward to be attractive at all. The conference is a bigger drain on recruiting than most would like to admit, and the UConn name is worth little on the NE recruiting scene thanks to Ed Cooley's mudslinging. Rebuilding this program requires a gargantuan effort for which there is little reward, both monetary and in terms of postseason play - we have all seen how many seed lines teams in this conference are bumped down compared to P5 teams with near-identical resumes. Should I also mention that playing in this conference, coaches know they have absolutely zero margin for error in the non-conference portion of the schedule if they want an at-large?

Now compare us to a P5 program that can pay more, garners far more positive media coverage inherently due to their position, and plays a conference schedule with plenty of opportunities to get quality wins (thereby lowering the heat during the months of November and December). That is a low-risk, high-reward scenario. Coaches don't want to enter situations where they are likely to fail; this is their livelihood we're talking about.

Any lofty paeans appealing to "tradition and history" mean nothing outside of this forum. Your average college coach does not see Jim Calhoun and Rip Hamilton when he looks at the state of the program currently, and probably not even Kemba or Shabazz. The rest of the world moves on quickly. "What have you done for me lately?"

Bottom line, the kind of coaches we need have other opportunities that are probably better long-term choices for their careers.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score

I’m sure your parents are proud to produce an unoriginal loser who can’t produce a coherent thought or argument on a damn blog

If one needs to rebuild a program from the ground up, Randy Edsall was the best hire one could have made.

It's clear you don't follow the team so nothing you say on the topic is worth crap.

You're a horribly reactive child who should seriously take a break from sharing your inane "thoughts" with the rest of us.

Reaction Score

@Palatine

@weyuo

I’ve found a stoopidier person than the 2 of you.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
If one needs to rebuild a program from the ground up, Randy Edsall was the best hire one could have made.

It's clear you don't follow the team so nothing you say on the topic is worth crap.

You're a horribly reactive child who should seriously take a break from sharing your inane "thoughts" with the rest of us.

It REALLY can't be overstated what a bold move the Edsall hire was. And not only did DB orchestrate Lashlee to the program, but also the price tag that he and Edsall worked out together that led to a top notch staff. Not just Lashlee but stealing Grimes away from Cincinnati, getting Richardson, etc.

He got a bunch of champagne on a beer budget. It's ridiculous how good a move that was in such a short period of time...

Reaction Score
If Ollie isn’t fired before Wichita St game AD needs to go as well. Ollie should be fired the minute they hit the ground at Bradley.
Neither the coach or AD will be fired, nor should they. People need to stop comparing the current UConn athletics with the UConn that was in the Big East. People are comparing apples and oranges. UConn was left behind in conference realignment. We need to accept that fact so that we as a program can move forward. We are now a mid-major program that is in a conference where we are geographical miss fits. It’s no ones fault. It is what it is. The days of being a national program are behind us. We still can be a very good regional program. Remember, this is college basketball, not the pros. We need to enjoy it for what it is.

Reaction Score
It's the only logical take present on this board.

The state and university are in dire financial straits, which greatly weakens our ability to compensate a high-caliber coach. The AD cannot afford to pay anyone what KO is making, especially due to the poor quality of our future TV deals and the increasingly wide gap between P5 and non-P5 programs in terms of revenue.

We are coming off of a putrid three-year stretch that has completely destroyed what little "fan base" of non-frontrunners we had. No prospective coach will find our roster going forward to be attractive at all. The conference is a bigger drain on recruiting than most would like to admit, and the UConn name is worth little on the NE recruiting scene thanks to Ed Cooley's mudslinging. Rebuilding this program requires a gargantuan effort for which there is little reward, both monetary and in terms of postseason play - we have all seen how many seed lines teams in this conference are bumped down compared to P5 teams with near-identical resumes. Should I also mention that playing in this conference, coaches know they have absolutely zero margin for error in the non-conference portion of the schedule if they want an at-large?

Now compare us to a P5 program that can pay more, garners far more positive media coverage inherently due to their position, and plays a conference schedule with plenty of opportunities to get quality wins (thereby lowering the heat during the months of November and December). That is a low-risk, high-reward scenario. Coaches don't want to enter situations where they are likely to fail; this is their livelihood we're talking about.

Any lofty paeans appealing to "tradition and history" mean nothing outside of this forum. Your average college coach does not see Jim Calhoun and Rip Hamilton when he looks at the state of the program currently, and probably not even Kemba or Shabazz. The rest of the world moves on quickly. "What have you done for me lately?"

Bottom line, the kind of coaches we need have other opportunities that are probably better long-term choices for their careers.

If our situation going forward is so bleak, undesirable, and hopeless that we can never hope for a decent coach, why do you continue to post here 25 times every day? I mean we suck and are no longer desirable to a coach. It's over for us according to you. So i guess you can move on, find a new hobby, and stop posting.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Strawmaster, nobody is calling for UK-levels of performance.

Making the Tournament 3/4 of the time, ranked more than half the time, and a contender (Top 10) once every 3-4 years is easily doable. Wichita State and Gonzaga are there already, despite minimal history and being in a nothing conference.

The difference? Coaching.

Maybe I've misread some comments and shouldn't have referenced UK specifically, but you are wrong...people want far more than the scenario you are describing.

I care about the future of what was once a top tier program, and how to one day regain that status.

I feel like our basketball program should be run like a top tier SEC Football program. Top 25 every year.

I just watched videos from 2011 and 2014 and my heart is racing and my smile is broad. We have got to get back to the mountaintop.

We don't have a top tier D1 starting 5 no matter how you configure it.

This isn't even counting the numerous reference to "back in Calhoun's day, this would have never happened" re. recruiting/roster construction, gameplanning, in-game coaching, which means that having a HOF coach in the greatest conference of all time is the benchmark people are using.

There is absolutely zero consensus that the scenario you've described would be acceptable to this board/fanbase. In fact, I have to question your honesty in saying you'd be content to be Gonzaga/Wichita State, because that would be a definite step back from what you grew used to under Calhoun. The gaps in tourney runs and players in the league would be very frustrating for you. I suspect that even if things do turn around and the new coach gets us to that level -- which would make me incredibly happy, albeit surprised -- there will still be a lot of unhappiness about the team not being as good as it once was.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
If our situation going forward is so bleak, undesirable, and hopeless that we can never hope for a decent coach, why do you continue to post here 25 times every day? I mean we suck and are no longer desirable to a coach. It's over for us according to you. So i guess you can move on, find a new hobby, and stop posting.

You're a crappy fan and deserve to suffer. Apparently reading my posts does the trick there, so I will continue to do so until the cows come home.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
You have to be the s^*ttie$t Uconn fan I've ever seen.

It took you forever to recognize Ollie stinks And once you recognized it everything changed to some form of keep the terrible coach because Uconn basketball stinks no matter what.

I am not saying "keep the terrible coach."

I have posted dozens of times over the past month that I am fine with Ollie being fired, and think that should happen barring a miracle run to the tourney.

Stop lying, superjohn. Why do you lie so much? I suppose if all of my arguments were based around blind faith and optimism, I'd have to resort to lying about other people's arguments.

Reaction Score
This started as a logical discussion based on facts and developments in the athletic department

When two moronic losers @Stairmaster @Jimmy Serrano started with personal attacks, i wish i could say I’m the bigger man. But i can’t let a couple losers on here write something behind a computer that they’d never say to my face

The Saban/Meyer talk was clearly hyberbole... but wouldn’t expect you to understand that since you already think the almighty Dave is God himself in human form

Reaction Score
I haven’t read all these posts or other threads and so if this has already been discussed, my bad. If I were AD, I would elevate Geno to be head of both basketball teams (with some cool new title) and have him hire a new MBB HC, who would report to Geno . Geno would continue to report to the AD of course (This hypo is if I were AD).

I’m sure most of the establshed MBB HC candidates out there wouldn’t work for Geno or anyone between them and the AD. I don’t care. I would trust Geno to hire the next up and comer.

Ollie seriously was one of my favorite UConn players of all time (along with Caron). I still don’t see how he s getting paid more than Geno.

Reaction Score
You're a crappy fan and deserve to suffer. Apparently reading my posts does the trick there, so I will continue to do so until the cows come home.

Yes, you are a great fan. I always trust people who feel the need to brag about what a great fan they are. Nothing insecure or anything about that. Especially rich from a guy whose 90% of his posts are about how our best days are behind us and we have to stick with the status quo because it could never be as good as we had it before. Man a great fan you are. But at least you admit you are here to make us suffer and yes I admit, you do a great job of that.

Reaction Score
The idea that we can;t get recruits at UConn because of the AAC makes no sense. Certainly we would do better from a P5 or even BE but how does. Cincy and Wichita State get them? We play mid majors with some better players than we have in some cases. We are doing a poor job recognizing talent and an even worse job coaching it. House cleaning time.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Strawmaster, nobody is calling for UK-levels of performance.

Making the Tournament 3/4 of the time, ranked more than half the time, and a contender (Top 10) once every 3-4 years is easily doable. Wichita State and Gonzaga are there already, despite minimal history and being in a nothing conference.

It's not easily doable or everybody would be doing it. Especially the Top 10 thing. Gonzaga took years to get to that spot, and when Few retires, it'll be over. Unless they magically land another great coach that doesn't want to jump at the first sign of success.

This is not an argument to keep Ollie or that we can't get anyone better.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
This started as a logical discussion based on facts and developments in the athletic department

When two moronic losers @Stairmaster @Jimmy Serrano started with personal attacks, i wish i could say I’m the bigger man. But i can’t let a couple losers on here write something behind a computer that they’d never say to my face

The Saban/Meyer talk was clearly hyberbole... but wouldn’t expect you to understand that since you already think the almighty Dave is God himself in human form

There were no facts. Just your stupid, emotionally hyperbolic opinions -- which none of us care about.

Isn't it past your bedtime, little buddy?

Reaction Score

I can guarantee you that I’d say it to your face. You’re a complete loser. And dumber than a bag of hammers.

And FYI this is a message board, not a blog you dummy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom