“It’s all over” - A compilation of a few really dumb posts | Page 3 | The Boneyard

“It’s all over” - A compilation of a few really dumb posts

If these were your only 5 options...

• Hurley

Votes: 80 75.5%
  • Crean

Votes: 15 14.2%
  • McGrath

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Sanchez

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Skerry

Votes: 7 6.6%

• Total voters

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
You really think that the buyout will prevent AD Dave or the administration from firing Ollie. If your boss tells you you are not wanted anymore and to resign, it's pretty hard to maintain a positive demeanor to continue to look everyone in the face when everyone knows you are are unwanted dead-man walking.

AD Dave Benedict was under pressure to give Ollie that extension from Herbst and Board of Trustees. As I said the Arizona game and Auburn games were the last gasps of hope that Ollie had to change Dave's mind. Benedict's mind about Ollie is made up now and he is looking at coaching options moving forward. Make no mistake about that.

PS: I disagree with the OP. AD Dave is probably our best AD since John Toner who was the greatest jackpot in UCONN history hiring both Calhoun and Geno a few years before retiring.

That has nothing to do with the post you were quoting, but yes, I do think it's tough to fire people with 8-figure buyouts when you don't have that cash on hand.

Reaction Score
You have no idea what a mess the football roster was. Like I said, you have no credibility. Moving along.....
You’re defending the AD by saying i have no idea what I’m talking about...

Since you’re such an expert, I’m waiting for you to explain

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
You have no idea what a mess the football roster was. Like I said, you have no credibility. Moving along.....

Anyone who's stated in past threads that this program has to be at Duke/UK levels going forward to meet their standards should not be listened to under any circumstances.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score

You quite literally do not have any idea what you are talking about. Your opinions are stupid and uninformed, and it's astonishing how little shame you have about them.

Reaction Score

Go over to the football board. You can do something called "reading".

Reaction Score
You quite literally do not have any idea what you are talking about. Your opinions are stupid and uninformed, and it's astonishing how little shame you have about them.
NO ONE here has given any legitimate defense of AD Dave, you’ve just said i don’t know what I’m talking about

You’re probably the same people who defended Ollie with the argument of “who else would we hire”

Reaction Score
At that point is the Uconn name enough to sell recruits to this program going forward? Its an honest question. It's sad but what confidence do incoming recruits have that this program will be a great place for them to be for the next 4 years given everything we've seen and attendance numbers continuing to dwindle?

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
NO ONE here has given any legitimate defense of AD Dave, you’ve just said i don’t know what I’m talking about

You’re probably the same people who defended Ollie with the argument of “who else would we hire”

I am fine with Ollie going, regardless of what this board's dirty liars want you to think.

What differentiates me is that I'm not living in la la land when it comes to knowing how unattractive this job looks from the outside. You are all in for a massive disappointment.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
At that point is the Uconn name enough to sell recruits to this program going forward? Its an honest question. It's sad but what confidence do incoming recruits have that this program will be a great place for them to be for the next 4 years given everything we've seen and attendance numbers continuing to dwindle?

The UConn name was attractive because of Calhoun and the Big East. There is no magic sparkly dust that transcends either factor.

Reaction Score
It's not that unattractive. We're just stuck with an incompetent head coach. Location is great and conference is not horrible; it's been getting better. Right hires always work. Ollie's failures are creating less pressure for whoever takes over.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
An amazing job with the football hire??? 3-9 and lowest attendance in decades? Yea, insane creativity in his hire of RE

I didn’t say any 10yr old can run an athletic department... i said anyone could have recognized diaco needed to go

Again, what has AD done to inspire this sort of blind faith?

Brought Edsall back and got Rhett Lashlee to come from Auburn.
Vastly improved marketing, social media and communications.
Improved donor outreach.
Improved stadium and game day environment.

The AD isn’t responsible for performance on the field. But they have won NCs in two sports He’s been here two years. The functioning of the AD is clearly better than it was. He has more to do, and the basketball team is a problem he probably didn’t expect to have.

Reaction Score
- basketball attendence at multi year lows
- football attendance at multi year lows
- uninspiring hire to replace football coach
- horrendous and undeserved contract extension
- losing state of CT monetary support
- awful national headlines discussing student supplemental tuition
- embarassing battle, even if unwarranted, headlines about RE’s son on the staff
- atrocious situation with XL Center negotiation and future of the program in its only connection with the rest of the state

Your turn.... those are all called facts

But I’ll wait to read how I’m just misinformed

Reaction Score
- embarassing battle, even if unwarranted, headlines about RE’s son on the staff
- atrocious situation with XL Center negotiation and future of the program in its only connection with the rest of the state

RE's son's story is embarrassing to you? Holy moly, do you have self esteem issues. Find a new hobby.

Reaction Score
Yes, but the window is closing and the sparkle fading. There’s enough recent history to sell recruits, great facilities, and Uconn is A program willing to pay top 10 salary. But things of got to change quickly.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score

Nah bro those are called "opinions"

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
It's not that unattractive. We're just stuck with an incompetent head coach. Location is great and conference is not horrible; it's been getting better. Right hires always work. Ollie's failures are creating less pressure for whoever takes over.

Location is not great, and he conference is awful from a coaching standpoint - look at who other programs in the league are hiring. No up and coming young guys, all retreads.

We're a program whose glory days are owed solely to having the greatest coach of all time and playing in the greatest conference of all time. Once those are stripped away, the magic starts dissipating instantly.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

You think football attendance is his fault? How has he lost monetary support? You are both stupid and delusional.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

New facilities to be built for soccer, baseball, and softball, including fundraising efforts to make them happen.

Orchestrated the removal of the worst football coach in our history. Had the courage to hire Edsall, who could have drawn the ire of our fanbase for leaving but was undoubtedly the right man for the job.

Orchestrated the hiring of Rhett Lashlee, Auburn OC, to take a lateral move for less money in what will likely become a coach-in-waiting situation.

Should I go on with the fan outreach programs, the personalized reps for season ticket holders, etc.? Or do you want to stop talking about things you might not understand?

Reaction Score
You're going to be very disappointed when the new coach won't bring them back to being "one of the top basketball programs around."
We should and can be a Top 25 consistently. Maybe not top a to 10, but it beats where we are.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
We should and can be a Top 25 consistently. Maybe not top a to 10, but it beats where we are.

Well yeah, but there's a lot of daylight between being ranked consistently and what it seems like you were calling for.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom