“It’s all over” - A compilation of a few really dumb posts | Page 2 | The Boneyard

“It’s all over” - A compilation of a few really dumb posts

If these were your only 5 options...

• Hurley

Votes: 80 75.5%
  • Crean

Votes: 15 14.2%
  • McGrath

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Sanchez

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Skerry

Votes: 7 6.6%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
10mm
In the long run, buyout might be less than the lost revenue from the empty seats, let alone decrease TV ratings. Thank God the women are still packing the house

Reaction Score
Cant fire someone with money you don't have. It'd need to be a donor

Reaction Score
I don't care how much self respect I have, you're not getting me to give up $10M by resigning
a lot of buyouts get negotiated down but the number never ends up being zero unless there was cause.

Reaction Score
a lot of buyouts get negotiated down but the number never ends up being zero unless there was cause.
Exactly, I wouldn't he surprised if it ends up being $5-6M or something. But he's not resigning and giving up all that money

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
It's going cost UConn more than 10MM in lost revenue and national exposure keeping this total clown around. This is a full fledged destruction of one of the top basketball programs around. Holy schnit what a mess.

You're going to be very disappointed when the new coach won't bring them back to being "one of the top basketball programs around."

Reaction Score
Exactly, I wouldn't he surprised if it ends up being $5-6M or something. But he's not resigning and giving up all that money
If we can halve it then we'd be in much better shape. The biggest issue is that it's all due within 30 days. You really don't want to finance a buyout lol

Reaction Score
You're going to be very disappointed when the new coach won't bring them back to being "one of the top basketball programs around."
We won't ever be a top 10 program as long as we are in the AAC. We can be a top 25 program, though. P5 or NBE would likely raise that ceiling.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
We won't ever be a top 10 program as long as we are in the AAC. We can be a top 25 program, though. P5 or NBE would likely raise that ceiling.

No disagreement. This place will explode collectively once more people start to get it.

Reaction Score
I don't think he should be fired mid-season but depending on how bad it gets, he should probably be gone after this year. Coming up with the money is an entirely different problem. Good luck getting money from program alum to fire one of their own. One of the many problems that comes with hiring former players as the coach
Depending on how bad it gets? He should probably be gone after this year?

It's a goshdarn disaster, you of all people should know that.

Reaction Score
Depending on how bad it gets? He should probably be gone after this year?

It's a goshdarn disaster, you of all people should know that.
I'm playing nice today. By "depending how bad it gets" I mean "if we finish with 13 wins there will be no choice"

Reaction Score
Can someone list AD Dave’s list of accomplishments over his first 2yrs aside from firing Diaco - something a 10yr old could have realized was the right move

Attendance? Contract negotiations? Titles? National exposure? Conference affiliation?

I’ll wait...

Reaction Score
No disagreement. This place will explode collectively once more people start to get it.
I have pretty low expectations for the program considering our history. Finish in the top 25 more than not, make the tournament 8 times for every 10 years and sprinkle in a couple elite eight-caliber teams over that period.

ElmCity40th

F…y’all talkin bout?
Reaction Score
KO should step down for the sake of the program he has to see it's not working and not without effort from him he cleared house and ish got worse...not a good look ...he doesn't even look like the 2012/2013 KO he was hungry and confident then and it radiated now he looks washed...still got love for him though

Reaction Score
Can someone list AD Dave’s list of accomplishments over his first 2yrs aside from firing Diaco - something a 10yr old could have realized was the right move

Attendance? Contract negotiations? Titles? National exposure? Conference affiliation?

I’ll wait...
you don't understand how any of this works so it will be pretty difficult to explain it to you.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score

I’ll wait...

How attractive do you think this job will be to the kind of candidates we want? Do you think running Benedict out of town so quickly will make them more eager to apply?

Reaction Score
At some point people will stop caring that we suck....I hope that day doesn't come but it gets a lot closer with every embarrassing 20+ point losing debacle on national TV.
Exactly.

Reaction Score

I’ll wait...
You really are clueless on how an athletic director does his job. His job is to right or steer the ship. He has done an amazing job with his hires in football. That has been his first real opportunity to make his mark, so far. He also is not arrogant like you and does listen. He knows a lot of work is still left to be done on the football program.

And no, not any 10 year old can do it. You have no credibility if you think 10 year old can run an athletic department. I am pretty sure this message board already has it's reputation for being a haven of some people who are less intelligent than 10 year olds.

Reaction Score
Re. OP: I'm sure UConn will be able to attract great AD candidates once it becomes known that a Benedict-level performance is a fireable offense.

Also, where is the money for all of these buyouts and new contracts coming from?

Do any of you think before you post?

You really think that the buyout will prevent AD Dave or the administration from firing Ollie. If your boss tells you you are not wanted anymore and to resign, it's pretty hard to maintain a positive demeanor to continue to look everyone in the face when everyone knows you are are unwanted dead-man walking.

AD Dave Benedict was under pressure to give Ollie that extension from Herbst and Board of Trustees. As I said the Arizona game and Auburn games were the last gasps of hope that Ollie had to change Dave's mind. Benedict's mind about Ollie is made up now and he is looking at coaching options moving forward. Make no mistake about that.

PS: I disagree with the OP. AD Dave is probably our best AD since John Toner who was the greatest jackpot in UCONN history hiring both Calhoun and Geno a few years before retiring.

Reaction Score
You really are clueless on how an athletic director does his job. His job is to right or steer the ship. He has done an amazing job with his hires in football. That has been his first real opportunity to make his mark, so far. He also is not arrogant like you and does listen. He knows a lot of work is still left to be done on the football program.

And no, not any 10 year old can do it. You have no credibility if you think 10 year old can run an athletic department. I am pretty sure this message board already has it's reputation for being a haven of some people who are less intelligent than 10 year olds.
An amazing job with the football hire??? 3-9 and lowest attendance in decades? Yea, insane creativity in his hire of RE

I didn’t say any 10yr old can run an athletic department... i said anyone could have recognized diaco needed to go

Again, what has AD done to inspire this sort of blind faith?

Reaction Score
An amazing job with the football hire??? 3-9 and lowest attendance in decades? Yea, insane creativity in his hire of RE

I didn’t say any 10yr old can run an athletic department... i said anyone could have recognized diaco needed to go

Again, what has AD done to inspire this sort of blind faith?
You have no idea what a mess the football roster was. Like I said, you have no credibility. Moving along.....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom