Tonight's Coach's Show on WTIC | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Tonight's Coach's Show on WTIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I like how PP answered a question about the offensive line with "I'd prefer a 2 back system." Say what?

Really didn't apply to my question at all. What wasn't addressed in detail was scheme, and of course coaching not at all. No surprise we veered off into personnel and finished there. He's not ever throwing his guy under the bus.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I did get through and the delay allowed me re-listen. The phone audio was screwed up so I could hardly hear Joe and on the stream it sounded like my question could only be heard in the room. Quick cutoff after I finished.

"Coach over the years UConn fans have become accustomed to solid physical offensive lines. Since then we've had scheme changes, coaching changes and changes in personnel. What do you attribute the lack of productivity and the lack of protection our QB's seem to be getting to and what can be changed to improve ourproductivity?"

To the best of my recollection.

I heard your question on radio but the audio was a mess. It was like they had a speaker phone up to the mics.

Reaction Score
I heard your question on radio but the audio was a mess. It was like they had a speaker phone up to the mics.

It was worse on the phone. They seemed to have fixed it at the end of my call.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Should of mailed air sickness bags to all members of the Boneyard

Reaction Score
It was worse on the phone. They seemed to have fixed it at the end of my call.

Bet JoeD was dying to say "Turn Your Radio Down" but he couldn't pull that trigger because the feedback was at his end at the Tap.

Reaction Score
Bet JoeD was dying to say "Turn Your Radio Down" but he couldn't pull that trigger because the feedback was at his end at the Tap.

He could have said that, but my laptop was on mute in the kitchen and I was walking around the living room. Just a simple button not pushed.

Reaction Score
Hey everyone, Escalators (and others) got slapped on the wrist by a Horde-er, and got a twitter approval from the UConn SID!

Mike Enright retweeted
13h
Ed Daigneault @EdDaigneault
Understand people are upset about Paul Pasqualoni but trolling the radio show is sophomoric at best and just plain idiotic at worst.

I think Ed is one of Horde's more reasonable guys, not sure if I agree with this point, but here's the thing -- there's a lot of legtimate questions the Horde aren't asking, which is causing stuff like this to bubble up. They are expending more energy defending P / GDL then pinning him down.

So since Ed wants to give advice to folks here, here's some questions/ story suggestions for him going in to today's media lunch

A very reasonable question to ask P is if Weist is calling all the plays. Some one else in the Horde got offended at the mere suggestion this was happening, but the only evidence he could produce was that he sees Weist going into to the coaches booth People here are seeing the same exact things seen the past two years (mainly getting conservative after the first scoring drive).

Ask P about his post-loss demeanor. he doesn't seem to be taking this very hard. Compare him to Tom Coughlin after a loss. Whatever you think about Coughlin, it's very obvious he takes losing very, very hard. We don't see that from P (smiling after a loss, jokingly comparing his team to the losing Yankees at start of radio show) He breaks down games with the passion of a high school JV football coach describing a scrimmage as if winning and losing was a secondary thing. He really gives off a vibe as if he's not really bothered by any of this. How about throwing that one at him, Eddie?

Also, I bet Bob Burton and or Larry McHugh would be very interesting columns.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He could have said that, but my laptop was on mute in the kitchen and I was walking around the living room. Just a simple button not pushed.

Can't take Joe. D at face value. Years ago when I would call once in awhile the trick he like to pull was: hang up on you, go off on how stupid you are, ask for your comeback and say "Oh, he hung up" or "I guess we lost him".

Reaction Score
Can't take Joe. D at face value. Years ago when I would call once in awhile the trick he like to pull was: hang up on you, go off on how stupid you are, ask for your comeback and say "Oh, he hung up" or "I guess we lost him".

He is also a horrible play by play man. He makes way too many mistakes and its hard to follow the game.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
[quote="
Understand people are upset about Paul Pasqualoni but trolling the radio show is sophomoric at best and just plain idiotic at worst.[/quote]

Kinda ironic coming from a guy who makes his living on the First Amendment

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
[quote="
Understand people are upset about Paul Pasqualoni but trolling the radio show is sophomoric at best and just plain idiotic at worst.

Kinda ironic coming from a guy who makes his living on the First Amendment[/quote]

While I agree with the sentiment and do my share of knocking P on this board, over the air is a different kettle of fish. It's a cringe to listen to and doesn't help the cause.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Kinda ironic coming from a guy who makes his living on the First Amendment

While I agree with the sentiment and do my share of knocking P on this board, over the air is a different kettle of fish. It's a cringe to listen to and doesn't help the cause.[/quote]

I understand your comment and somewhat agree. But he didn't say I disagree. He attacked the speaker. If someone said the same thing to him, he'd stand up for the right to speak his opinion.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not that I support too much trolling... F$:k Ed and almost every other member of the local media.

Ed gives off this attitude on Twitter that we aren't supposed to care about the football program.

What a bunch of f@:!;ing hacks.

Reaction Score
He is also a horrible play by play man. He makes way too many mistakes and its hard to follow the game.
Why I love the Drive of the =king Game when we are getting our a$s handed to us. Is this a spot they are contracted to run for Toyota or what? I for one could do without it as the opposing teams and UCONN fans look up at the big HD scoreboard and shake their heads.

Reaction Score
Maybe if guys like Ed asked P the controversial questions the fans wouldn't call in to his show to ask them. Can you guys imagine if this bunch covered a SEC or B1G team...

Reaction Score
If he was referring to the joking around I get it. Just not sure why he felt compelled to run to his defense on Twitter. It was basically harmless. Must have been something else bothering him about the public trying to get some answers to questions that should have been asked a long time ago.

I want UConn to be successful and am much more concerned with the feelings of the guys on that bench and the average Joe who pays the bills than a little joke at coach's expense. We can all think of a number of other schools where his 3 year record would preclude such an appearance from ever occurring. And given his experience this shouldn't have been a ripple in the ocean.

Reaction Score
Maybe if guys like Ed asked P the controversial questions the fans wouldn't call in to his show to ask them. Can you guys imagine if this bunch covered a SEC or B1G team...

Must have been channeling you through the smoke FDNY.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Yeah, f the horde. Their inability to ask the questions that fans really want to hear is why fans are so upset and frustrated when they call. Ultimately, Joe D is going to stop taking calls and questions from fans if the crank calls continue, but his ridiculous stance that "we aren't taking any more questions about the OL" is sophomoric. If fans want to ask and pin the coach down on the OL (or any facet of the team or game plan), they have the right. Instead, we are bombarded with fluff pieces from our local media about how hard everybody works and how much film everybody is watching. No. Ask PP about his awful OL and OL coach. Ask him if TJ Weist is in 100% control of calling ALL plays from beginning to end. Ask him about his constant inability to adjust in-game. I don't want to hear how much film he's watching or how many fundamentals he's teaching.

Sometimes I really feel that the fans care about the program and W/L record more than the people around the team. We are the ones on the fan "front lines" who get things yelled at us when we wear a UCONN jacket to Philadelphia. We are the ones who have to read other fans' belittle our team and school. We are the ones who pay our hard earned money to support the team, only to be told that if it weren't for 4-100 plays that could have gotten differently, we would have won a game.

Reaction Score
Yeah, f the horde. Their inability to ask the questions that fans really want to hear is why fans are so upset and frustrated when they call. Ultimately, Joe D is going to stop taking calls and questions from fans if the crank calls continue, but his ridiculous stance that "we aren't taking any more questions about the OL" is sophomoric. If fans want to ask and pin the coach down on the OL (or any facet of the team or game plan), they have the right. Instead, we are bombarded with fluff pieces from our local media about how hard everybody works and how much film everybody is watching. No. Ask PP about his awful OL and OL coach. Ask him if TJ Weist is in 100% control of calling ALL plays from beginning to end. Ask him about his constant inability to adjust in-game. I don't want to hear how much film he's watching or how many fundamentals he's teaching.

Sometimes I really feel that the fans care about the program and W/L record more than the people around the team. We are the ones on the fan "front lines" who get things yelled at us when we wear a UCONN jacket to Philadelphia. We are the ones who have to read other fans' belittle our team and school. We are the ones who pay our hard earned money to support the team, only to be told that if it weren't for 4-100 plays that could have gotten differently, we would have won a game.
VERY well put Dooley...Plus one on this post!

Reaction Score
Hey I met Joe D last year, he's a pro on the radio. But I picked his brain in the football coaching situation, and I am quite certain that he is more or less in the same boat as us.
Joe D is the UCONN announcer. No way is he going to ask more than softballs of any UConn coach. He didn't ever ask Calhoun any questions that were tough. He doesn't ask Ollie any tough ones. He doesn't ask Geno any tough ones. It really isn't his job. Imet him too and I agree that he thinks keeping P was the total wrong move. But this show is no different from any other "team sponsored" event. The host will protect the coach.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Joe D is the UCONN announcer. No way is he going to ask more than softballs of any UConn coach. He didn't ever ask Calhoun any questions that were tough. He doesn't ask Ollie any tough ones. He doesn't ask Geno any tough ones. It really isn't his job. Imet him too and I agree that he thinks keeping P was the total wrong move. But this show is no different from any other "team sponsored" event. The host will protect the coach.

I understand your point. I really do. If that's the case, then don't take any calls from fans or advertise that this is an opportunity for the fans to ask coach their questions when it clearly is not. It's a chance for a few selected and screened fans to ask their questions only if the questions aren't about 1) GDL 2) OL, 3) bad coaching 4) inability to make in-game adjustments 5) clock management 6) play calling...etc. Just pump the program as "Coach's Show with Joe D" and follow the format of Joe D asking his fluff questions recapping the prior week's loss and give PP a chance to try to convince us all that if weren't for 1 or 2 oh-so-close plays, we would have won by 50. That way, I don't have to waste my time listening to this show and hearing the same BS that I already read online.

I just really wish there was a forum or member of the horde that will ask the questions that everyone REALLY wants to hear. If I have to read one more fluff piece about film study or fundamentals (aka - throw our players under the bus), I'm going to lose it.

Reaction Score
Hey everyone, Escalators (and others) got slapped on the wrist by a Horde-er, and got a twitter approval from the UConn SID!

Mike Enright retweeted
13h

I think Ed is one of Horde's more reasonable guys, not sure if I agree with this point, but here's the thing -- there's a lot of legtimate questions the Horde aren't asking, which is causing stuff like this to bubble up. They are expending more energy defending P / GDL then pinning him down.

So since Ed wants to give advice to folks here, here's some questions/ story suggestions for him going in to today's media lunch

A very reasonable question to ask P is if Weist is calling all the plays. Some one else in the Horde got offended at the mere suggestion this was happening, but the only evidence he could produce was that he sees Weist going into to the coaches booth People here are seeing the same exact things seen the past two years (mainly getting conservative after the first scoring drive).

Ask P about his post-loss demeanor. he doesn't seem to be taking this very hard. Compare him to Tom Coughlin after a loss. Whatever you think about Coughlin, it's very obvious he takes losing very, very hard. We don't see that from P (smiling after a loss, jokingly comparing his team to the losing Yankees at start of radio show) He breaks down games with the passion of a high school JV football coach describing a scrimmage as if winning and losing was a secondary thing. He really gives off a vibe as if he's not really bothered by any of this. How about throwing that one at him, Eddie?

Also, I bet Bob Burton and or Larry McHugh would be very interesting columns.

Agree with Ed if people were seeking to embarass PP. He does that on his own every Saturday and every press conference anyway.

duck Ed if he doesn't think we deserve answers to legitimate, tough questions while the program is in the shiiiter. We pay for tickets and parking. We travel to bowl and away games and are emotionally vested. If asking tough questions is sophomoric well he can go screw.

We should start a new Boneyard pool - first Horder to call for PP's dismissal. I'm sure there are many who think he should get another year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom