Tonight's Coach's Show on WTIC | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Tonight's Coach's Show on WTIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
O my god. "We take four ASSIGNMENT mistakes out of that game and we win by 10 points"

I think JoeD thinks P is No. 300 on the hot seat chart, not No. 3

Tell me you made that up. Please.

Reaction Score
It looks like it will either be Kevin Duffy or Jeff Jacobs that will call the staff..specifically P and GDL out. Duffy is the only beat guy who seems to call it like he sees it..

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Tell me you made that up. Please.

Confirmed. PP said that. Translation: nothing is going to change and we are going to lose to Michigan by 100 points because a few guys will miss assignments. That's it. Film will correct it though.

Reaction Score
I was in the car when it started and the first sentence was "We're playing more like the Yankees than the Red Sox" Big joke hey PP? Turned it off till later on.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Wow.

I'd love to know which four - I have a feeling that would make his statement even freaking more off the wall than it already is.

Reaction Score
O my god. "We take four ASSIGNMENT mistakes out of that game and we win by 10 points"

Wow. I'd love to know which four - I have a feeling that would make his statement even freaking more off the wall than it already is.

Coach Buggs, Coach Hughes, and Coach DeLeone twice! ;)

Reaction Score
I like how PP answered a question about the offensive line with "I'd prefer a 2 back system." Say what?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Wow.

I'd love to know which four - I have a feeling that would make his statement even freaking more off the wall than it already is.

First miss: guy who was supposed to let air out of Maryland's bus tires.

Second: guy who was supposed to take P to Hometown Buffet for a lunch that turned into dinner and a midnight snack.

Third: Guy who was supposed to unplug Kevin Nathan's microphone mid-sentence.

Fourth: the block they missed that totally would have gotten Mack to the 15 when they returned the missed FG

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Reminds me of Roy Hodgson praising the quality of the performance and effort while Liverpool unraveled under his watch.

Yeah, it's an odd reference, but WERE TOP OF THE LEAGUE

I like how PP answered a question about the offensive line with "I'd prefer a 2 back system." Say what?

The OL play certainly gives a second back plenty of options on who he could try to block in the backfield.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

He recruited a fullback! And he's from Connecticut! Just give it a few more seasons.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Someone please ask him if he's considered looking into retirement communities in Florida? Maybe we can just leave him there after the UCF game? LOL

Reaction Score
I can not believe the state is paying this guy any money at all. He is an absolute embarassment to the program. I have never given Warde crap but if this guy is still the coach two days after Michigan, Warde is going to start getting justified calls for his own firing. Listening to him say the Oline played well vs Towson and that 4 mistakes would have resulted in a 10 pt win are two of the most dilusional statements I have ever heard. He says the same thing after every loss...2 mistakes here or there and we would have beaten Western Michigan by a lot more.

Reaction Score

I think JoeD thinks P is No. 300 on the hot seat chart, not No. 3

Hey I met Joe D last year, he's a pro on the radio. But I picked his brain in the football coaching situation, and I am quite certain that he is more or less in the same boat as us.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
There are 2 men I'd want in the locker room before Michigan: JC and KO.

JC: "I didn't build this athletic department from the ground up so you can piss it away!"

KO: A simple "C'MON MAN! You're making us all look bad!"

Then victory!

The most rational game plan I've seen this season.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Wow.

I know the four:

1 - Hathaway hiring this moron.
2 - This moron bringing in GDL to run the offense.
3 - GDL moving Foley to TE coach and taking over the OL.
4 - WM deciding last winter that another year was a good idea.

Reaction Score
Wow.

Go listen to the AAC conference call or read the transcription of it in the next post, in his mind it was only those 4 plays that prevented the team winning by 10. An eye opener. Sounds like dead man walking.

Reaction Score
Go listen to the AAC conference call or read the transcription of it in the next post, in his mind it was only those 4 plays that prevented the team winning by 10. An eye opener. Sounds like dead man walking.

Well, if we scored TD's on every offensive play, we woulda won! Brilliant!

Reaction Score
Did he mention that he knows enough plays to wallpaper a room.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Was one of the 4 failed executions playing defense on the pick 6? He lamented that the players need to be instructed better to play defense on intercepted balls, and that we failed to "get the player to the ground." He wasn't very critical of Whitmer's throw, it was to the designated receiver but he was pressured a little. He didn't mention the defender standing in front of our receiver there.

Reaction Score
If Jimdish was Jim you did a pretty good job.

That he talked about fixing problems with recruits is hilarious.

I did get through and the delay allowed me re-listen. The phone audio was screwed up so I could hardly hear Joe and on the stream it sounded like my question could only be heard in the room. Quick cutoff after I finished.

"Coach over the years UConn fans have become accustomed to solid physical offensive lines. Since then we've had scheme changes, coaching changes and changes in personnel. What do you attribute the lack of (run) productivity and the lack of protection our QB's seem to be getting to and what can be changed to improve it?"

To the best of my recollection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom