Tonight's Coach's Show on WTIC | The Boneyard

Tonight's Coach's Show on WTIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Is anybody planning on calling in? If so, can somebody PLEASE ask 1) if TJ Weist has 100% control of play calling and, if not, who is overriding his plays? and 2) when will George DeLeone be relieved of his duties as Offensive Line coach? When will we finally stop this ridiculous zone blocking scheme when the OL players were recruited for man blocking?

I want Pasqualoni to go on record with his answers to these questions, especially #1. If he says Weist has 100% control, then I want him to SAY it in a public forum and allow for Weist, if he feels the need, to refute it if it isn't true. I also want to hear if he says anything about a "coaching" game plan that they stick to. To me, this means Weist does NOT have full control of the playcalling and is being limited by PP and GDL.

We all know the horde won't ask these questions so it's on us fans to ask the "tough" questions.

Reaction Score
Is anybody planning on calling in? If so, can somebody PLEASE ask 1) if TJ Weist has 100% control of play calling and, if not, who is overriding his plays? and 2) when will George DeLeone be relieved of his duties as Offensive Line coach? When will we finally stop this ridiculous zone blocking scheme when the OL players were recruited for man blocking?

I want Pasqualoni to go on record with his answers to these questions, especially #1. If he says Weist has 100% control, then I want him to SAY it in a public forum and allow for Weist, if he feels the need, to refute it if it isn't true. I also want to hear if he says anything about a "coaching" game plan that they stick to. To me, this means Weist does NOT have full control of the playcalling and is being limited by PP and GDL.

We all know the horde won't ask these questions so it's on us fans to ask the "tough" questions.

Could you also ask when the refund checks for the Towson game will be going out to the season ticket holders?

Reaction Score

Those are fine questions if you want to embarass the guy. But he won't answer any of them.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Those are fine questions if you want to embarass the guy. But he won't answer any of them.

Feel free to wordsmith as necessary but I would interpret a "no comment" as being just as damaging as anything else. If he isn't held accountable to the fans (who buy tickets and make donations to the university), then who? He's being paid good money to produce in a results oriented business. When the results aren't positive, those responsible need to be asked the tough questions.

Reaction Score
Paul,

1. You are 0-2 in your third year with a reasonable chance of being 0-3 for the first time since before the 1A upgrade. What can you tell the season ticket holders who are paying $40+ per ticket for each game plus parking or better yet, what can you point to that would give the fans confidence that things are gettting better and not worse?

2. There have been rumors that TJ Weist does not call all the offensive plays during the game? Is there any truth to that?

3. Why did you even bother to send Taylor Mack to field the missed field goal. He has very limited experience returning kicks and a missed FG would have given us the ball on the 33 down 7. What was the thought process there?

4. Mid 4th quarter, fourth and short, why did you elect to punt the ball away?

5. Late 4th quarter after a score, why not on-sides kick there?

6. Do you like the new helmets? We look so much tougher on the o and d line with them. Why is the line play not translating given that we now have very intimidating helmets? :)

Reaction Score

Unless Weist is guaranteed the HC job by Warde (which IMO he should not) there is no way he will say anything that goes against PP.

The last thing anybody who will be looking for an Asst Coach/Coordinator job in the offseason wants to do is demonstrate a lack of loyalty to his boss regardless of how miserable the situation is

Reaction Score
Maybe if we have more than 2 callers, it'll send more of a message that the fanbase isn't happy and okay with the current state of uconn football. Time for people to stop their whining on here and take it to a more public forum. Not saying we need to call and act like morons, but if our beat writers or Joe D won't ask the difficult questions that we want, then we have to. I for one am planning on calling in to ask about the predictability of the offense, and if our new OC is in fact 100% in charge of the offensive play calling.

Reaction Score
Maybe if we have more than 2 callers, it'll send more of a message that the fanbase isn't happy and okay with the current state of uconn football. Time for people to stop their whining on here and take it to a more public forum. Not saying we need to call and act like morons, but if our beat writers or Joe D won't ask the difficult questions that we want, then we have to. I for one am planning on calling in to ask about the predictability of the offense, and if our new OC is in fact 100% in charge of the offensive play calling.

Agreed. Call. I will be.

Complaining here does nothing. Make it public. Let the ad know how we feel.

Reaction Score
If we really want people to call in, perhaps a time and/or a phone number to call?

Reaction Score
Great questions but they will never make it through Joe D'a call screener.

Reaction Score
Still can't get over the timing of launching this.

To be fair, the Boneyard constantly complains about the lack of marketing, etc. This is exactly the kind of stuff that the marketing team should be doing. Unfortunately, it just happens to be that the team is pretty much at an all-time low. But would you prefer they just gave up and stopped trying entirely?

Reaction Score
To be fair, the Boneyard constantly complains about the lack of marketing, etc. This is exactly the kind of stuff that the marketing team should be doing. Unfortunately, it just happens to be that the team is pretty much at an all-time low. But would you prefer they just gave up and stopped trying entirely?

I love the idea. It's more of me finding the irony in that a good idea like this comes after a loss to Towson and the coach is a dead man walking.

Reaction Score
ask coach p what he would do for a Klondike bar, and then ask him what kind of sensation he gets when he bites into a York peppermint pattie. That's all I want to know right now.

Reaction Score
There's something to be said about pent up anger after not posting all to much this season. You think most posters on here are morons?

No, not most. That was meant as an obvious joke, not anger.

But while I'm not about to name names, ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom