Tim Boyle | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tim Boyle

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The entire premise of this thread is that playing QB requires only natural talent. Let it go. Boyle was terrible while he was here. You can ponder why that was, but if he wasn't good enough to separate himself on a bad team. Those trying to justify something else are the same people who find value in defending a 1-11 team.

Reaction Score
The entire premise of this thread is that playing QB requires only natural talent. Let it go. Boyle was terrible while he was here. You can ponder why that was, but if he wasn't good enough to separate himself on a bad team. Those trying to justify something else are the same people who find value in defending a 1-11 team.

Did you ever consider the possibility he was mishandled?

C

Chief00

And that is the obvious conclusion that Chief reached when he was here.
Ironically, as much as we like to knock Coach P, it’s undeniable that he could recognize NFL talent. Coach P made it clear he was planning on starting freshman Tim Boyle after he got fired.

Reaction Score
as much as we like to knock Coach P, it’s undeniable that he could recognize NFL talent.

Nah, P's recruiting was terrible a complete mess. Go to Rivals and look at it. He recruited two back-up NFL Players at a time when the program had not yet been dragged through the mud. Even Diaco has a chance at two or three (Peart, Coyle, Leone, Tyler Davis)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There's NOT one kid from that last year's Defense that we are going to miss. Not one. I almost say Beavers ... but I think he's been replaced with solid kids and depth. Improvement? I feel Travis Jones improvement is the start.

There's major businesses that started from their mother's kitchen table. Go look at every individual story of who we had available - and 1 and 11 is easily explained. Diaco. We had little to build from. Unhappy with how pathetic we looked? You need to feel like we are much better this year. Let's see.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

Unless they kept him in a dungeon and shackled his throwing arm to his waist, no QB is that mishandled to the tune of 1 TD and 13 INT. Find me a coach that puts up with that because he can spin the ball. You act like he wasn't given an opportunity. He was given enough of one to run off Lagow. You have to earn your spot on the field, he didn't on a team that was bad.

Reaction Score
no QB is that mishandled

Never underestimate the prior regime's ability to mishandle talent, especially on offense and you can't run a pro-style offense when the offensive line was coached by George Delone for three years and stopped lifting weights. Casey could do it because the ball was out in two seconds, but he was special. If Casey had Boyle's physical talent he'd be hall of fame bound.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
And that is the obvious conclusion that Chief reached when he was here.
Ironically, as much as we like to knock Coach P, it’s undeniable that he could recognize NFL talent. Coach P made it clear he was planning on starting freshman Tim Boyle after he got fired.
I don't know Chief. How did Johnny McEntee do in the NFL?

Reaction Score
I looked at the stats and Tim did better than DeShon. 192 vs 24, 2 TDs vs 0 and 0 interception vs 1. As a Packers fan, I hope both will be on the roster...

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He needed one coach at UConn and not the switching of offensive coordinators as we witnessed the past 9 years. That has been the biggest hindrance for any quarterback. They need consistency at this level.

Reaction Score
We’ll see. I’m a biased to say he is better than Finley.
He definitely more upside than Finley (size & arm strength), but they have more invested in the NC State draft pick.

If the Bengals are going to keep 3 QBs on the 53-man roster (unlikely), they keep Dalton, Finely, and Dolegala. Jeff Driskel is expendable as a backup right now.

Reaction Score
Bottom line is, it doesn't matter how you look. Results are what matter.
Cannot argue with that. Kid was thrown into the fire before he was ready, and combined with coaching ineptitude, it was just bad timing for him here.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He definitely more upside than Finley (size & arm strength), but they have more invested in the NC State draft pick.

If the Bengals are going to keep 3 QBs on the 53-man roster (unlikely), they keep Dalton, Finely, and Dolegala. Jeff Driskel is expendable as a backup right now.

My guess is they keep Finely and put Dolegala on the IR or some other injury pops up to stash him away.

Reaction Score
I agree. What many casual fans miss is many if his interceptions bounced off receivers hands first. He had a different velocity than what they were used to. The receiver routes also weren’t designed for a QB who could actually throw the ball. I will agree that Tim has improved his touch throws and that comes with coaching, maturity and practice.

What casual chief misses is that the throws bounced off of fingertips because they were overthrown. That type of nuance is beyond those of limited understanding.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
What casual chief misses is that the throws bounced off of fingertips because they were overthrown. That type of nuance is beyond those of limited understanding.

But what the poster who recognizes what posters recognize about casual fans doesn't recognize is the passes bounced off finger tips because the receivers were a 1/4 step slow. Boyle was throwing where the ball needed to be thrown.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom