Tim Boyle | The Boneyard

Tim Boyle

Reaction Score

How bad does a coach and offensive line have to be to have a legit NFL quarterback on your roster and you waste him and run him off?

Reaction Score
View attachment 45796

How bad does a coach and offensive line have to be to have a legit NFL quarterback on your roster and you waste him and run him off?
Simply put, the inserted him into games before he was ready, TJ Weist, then Diaco came in and NEVER believed in the kid. Its great for him, but we need to turn the page and hope something like that never happens again. Given our QB situation now, hard to believe we had Boyle, Lagow, and Cochran as freshman/redshirt freshman at one time.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not that he hasn’t been impressive that game last night shouldn’t even have been played. It was a joke.

Reaction Score
Edsall left the program with plenty of talent and P, as bad as he was, brought in some talent of his own. There were QBs in the program that could play at this level. Development, culture, etc. were a complete nightmare. Then Diaco came in and recruited a basketball team.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Not that he hasn’t been impressive that game last night shouldn’t even have been played. It was a joke.
Especially since it doesn't count. The back of Boyle's football card is blank. Neither team's starters broke a sweat and what he does vs. future Smart Tech and We Sell Your Stuff on eBay stock boys is completely irrelevant. Not to mention, his degree says Eastern Kentucky.

Husky25

Reaction Score
How do you know he is legit? He has no stats.

Husky25

Reaction Score
You see those throws? The kid has Real passing ability.

Nothing against him, but has Boyle completed any passes after Labor Day to date? Preseason means nothing. As of right now, here and now, he is an emergency 3rd QB in a league that no longer requires an emergency 3rd QB roster spot.

Reaction Score
I'm super happy that a UCONN kid and a CT kid is on the Packers roster. But I'm also not going to pretend that if Rodgers goes down and Boyle gets the call the team wins like 3 games this year. So I'm not going to waste a lot of time getting all excited about it.

Reaction Score
At least it's being acknowledged we had some good years.

Boyle was mismanaged. He is athleticism that was too raw skills-wise at QB at the FBS level as a true freshman.

Reaction Score
I'm super happy that a UCONN kid and a CT kid is on the Packers roster. But I'm also not going to pretend that if Rodgers goes down and Boyle gets the call the team wins like 3 games this year. So I'm not going to waste a lot of time getting all excited about it.
You should get a Boyles Packers 100th anniversary jersey.

Reaction Score
Nothing against him, but has Boyle completed any passes after Labor Day to date? Preseason means nothing. As of right now, here and now, he is an emergency 3rd QB in a league that no longer requires an emergency 3rd QB roster spot.
He may be a career back up. There is no shame in that. That's what Orlovsky was. To be one of the top 64 Qbs in the world is pretty damn impressive. I can't imagine people thinking it's a small feat to be on an nfl roster.

Husky25

Reaction Score
He may be a career back up. There is no shame in that. That's what Orlovsky was. To be one of the top 64 Qbs in the world is pretty damn impressive. I can't imagine people thinking it's a small feat to be on an nfl roster.
I never said to make the roster was a small feat, but among the difference between Orlovsky and Boyle are that Orlovsky was drafted, has stats, has an NFL pension, and his degree says University of Connecticut.

Other than his rather impressive college career under June Jones, Boyle is more akin to Colt Brennan at this point. The Redskins message board had a thread dedicated to him (The "Cult" of Colt) because some fans believed he should have been at least the primary back up for those two years.

Reaction Score
Boyle threw for 2,134 yards in his single season at EKU....which isn't too far off doubling his total yards in three years and 25 games with the Huskies.

Reaction Score
What’s done is done... why live in the past?

Boyle sits 3 on the depth chart behind Aaron Rogers and DeShone Kizer. He’s not going to see much time, if any, this season. Still, happy for him and hope he gets a chance to prove himself.

If we’re going talk CT QB’s in the NFL Im more interested in seeing Jake Dolegala from CCSU move up the depth chart. He’s 6’7” and has an arm. Very good for Central’s program. It’s rare seeing FCS QB’s from the lowest D1 level get this kind of opportunity.

Reaction Score
This post made it sound like you were insinuating he had no talent because he completed no passes after labor day. My only argument, this kid has talent, all the evidence i need he is in the midst of being on NFL roster as a QB for a 2nd year. Looks small to take shots at the kid, though i admit us as a fan base need to move on. All the central figures of that wasted era are long gone from UConn.

C

Chief00

You see those throws? The kid has Real passing ability.
In college he could make all the throws too. Our receivers were not use to the ball coming out of the QB’s hand with pro level velocity. Consequentially, he had a lot of drops and interceptions that bounced off receivers hands.

Reaction Score
Something was wrong...receivers, line...Boyle's total UConn career passing average was below 50%.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom