The new helmet | Page 5 | The Boneyard

The new helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I was born in Connecticut, live in Connecticut and I am 71 and I like the new uniforms and helmets! So stop casting aspersions on the old ones. :)
A tip of the cap to you, sir. :)

Reaction Score
The whole logo is horrible. I wish they would just bring back the old one. Nike and UConn wasted a lot of time on a wolf!

Reaction Score
The whole logo is horrible. I wish they would just bring back the old one. Nike and UConn wasted a lot of time on a wolf!

All the players love the logo and the uniforms, and from what i'm told...players are important in athletics. Much more so than message board posters.

So it looks as if you're gonna have to live with it.

Reaction Score
Greatest quote about the new uni's goes to CBS Sports!!! :

"I have a feeling I'm in the minority here, but nice work, UConn. Uniforms like these deserve a new conference."
~Tom Fornelli

I respect Tom Fornelli's opinion. It's cool to see that he likes them.

Maybe the empty space is for helmet stickers?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Hmmm, I guess the decal is easy replaced, but I think they can also do matte graphics for an all-matte helmet. That might actually look better. If it gets scuffed up, just retouch with some paint.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
From the little bit I heard, don't be surprised if there are some tweaks. The concept will stay the same but I think there are some people that want to figure out the whole matte/glossy issue.

Like many, I thought it was weird at first, but I'm on board now, the haters, you are either with us or against us.

Think there is any chance for more of the Husky to be featured as opposed to the cropped one we see now?

Also, the blue eyes would be bad ass too. Just sayin...

Reaction Score
I'm liking the new logo which actually is a Husky and the new uniforms look great. Hockey uni's might need more workthough. I'll miss the block C but we may see it again.

Reaction Score
I'm usually pretty crotchety when it comes to new uniforms. I hate Oregon's, the Nike combat, even our gray bball unis, and I really didn't expect to like the new unis from what I heard but i think they look great. the helmets are a little odd but they're also bad ass and unique and casual fans will remember them because of that.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I'm usually pretty crotchety when it comes to new uniforms. I hate Oregon's, the Nike combat, even our gray bball unis, and I really didn't expect to like the new unis from what I heard but i think they look great. the helmets are a little odd but they're also bad ass and unique and casual fans will remember them because of that.

I'm exactly the same way and judging the project in whole I feel the same way too.

My only gripe is I wish the Husky was white but other than that, I love it all.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
As an old guy who generally hates change and kids and facebook... It makes a better helmet than logo. If more kids want to come here because the damn logo is on the front of the helmet instead of the side...

Maybe kiss up to the old timers and put their numbers on all that helmet unused space - win win.

Reaction Score
All the players love the logo and the uniforms, and from what i'm told...players are important in athletics. Much more so than message board posters.

So it looks as if you're gonna have to live with it.
I guess. In the end it's just a logo

Reaction Score
I'm officially on board with all of it. Helmets, receiver gloves, soccer keeper uni's, everything. LOVE the baseball uni's. When and where can I buy?

pj

Reaction Score
The helmets look good from the back. Hopefully that's what opponents will see a lot of as our (offensive) guys run away from them.

Reaction Score
I was on the edge when I first saw it, but this has been growing on me more and more. We got a new logo, new uniforms, and new helmets, and everything looks good. That is mind-blowing with how that sort of thing has been going across college sports lately.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm officially on board with all of it. Helmets, receiver gloves, soccer keeper uni's, everything. LOVE the baseball uni's. When and where can I buy?
Baseball uni was my favorite. I liked them all and the consistancy on design.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Is it possible they change the helmet design because they start to realize that on tv, no one can see the logo on the front? I'm just thinking that most angles on tv are from the side, hence why the logos are there. Now all we're going to see is solid blue or solid white. However, I guess nowadays there are so many camera angles being brought into TV so who knows.

This is a question for our uni insiders....is there going to be a third jersey released? Was the rumor of bigger changes being introduced in 2014 legit? Just surprised that there is no alternate jersey with the Nike redo since every school now seems to have three jerseys, at least three.

Reaction Score
Is it possible they change the helmet design because they start to realize that on tv, no one can see the logo on the front? I'm just thinking that most angles on tv are from the side, hence why the logos are there. Now all we're going to see is solid blue or solid white. However, I guess nowadays there are so many camera angles being brought into TV so who knows.

This is a question for our uni insiders....is there going to be a third jersey released? Was the rumor of bigger changes being introduced in 2014 legit? Just surprised that there is no alternate jersey with the Nike redo since every school now seems to have three jerseys, at least three.

The all black-matte helmet except for the stripe and logo then becomes noticeable from the side for lack of any logo. I can only think of PSU, ND and a few other schools that have solid colors on the side, but none of them are black/dark blue.

Reaction Score
uconnhelmet2.jpg

Am I wrong or is Smallwood wearing this prototype in this shot? (Check out the stripe pattern on the helmet crown.)

BIJieHHCcAAp_-h_medium.jpeg

Hope they eventually implement that as a 3rd helmet or something - looks good.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Bugsy, I noticed the same thing about the helmet.

Why not just have 4 helmets? I like them all!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
With all the potential helmet patterns, I think this is a decent idea not quite executed as well as it could have been.

If the "front facing" husky is the preferred theme, I imagine using more of the forehead space on the helmet for the "eyes" logo. Almost an oversized photo of the top half of the husky head. Bleed that towards the back in a more ragged fashion than what's shown to the point and "UCONN" wordmark.

Think combination of what's currently show + the oversized Boise St helmet+the TCU helmet that had the "bleeding eyes"

I don't have pictures handy, so I hope that makes some sense.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
So the votes are in from this thread.
Like the helmet or leaning toward liking it - 41
Hate helmet or leaning toward negative - 21

The likes have it.

Reaction Score

I've seen this point brought up a couple times and I'm just not sure I buy it. With the amount of different camera angles on a broadcast and closeups of individual players, you're going to see the logo a lot. It won't be as noticeable to people in the stadium, but they already know which team is playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom