The new helmet | The Boneyard

The new helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They are certainly different and memorable. Can't think of another one like it. Still need high res photos though.

Reaction Score
Either way, they are totally unique. No one has anything like them. And their are 2 of them !!!

I think the white one is really cool, and the blue will take a bit of getting used to. I like the UCONN on the back too. I cant think of anyone else who has that.

We are doing something different. Thats exactly what this University needed. Some will like it, some wont. Just like anything else.

Reaction Score
Was a little underwhelmed at first but I think the new helmets are growing on me already. Recruits and players will love these and I bet we get different helmets after a year with other variations just like Oregon does. Obviously we won't get as many variations but I bet other ones come out in the future.

Reaction Score
I waited to comment on the entire rebranding;
I like the new wordmark
The new logo is good the change to Jonathan I can get used to but will take time
The new uniforms across all sports are good
The football helmets missed the mark for me, first time I went "oh no!" at first reaction to any of it.

Reaction Score
They are definitly unique. I'm all for standing out however we can at this point in the programs history.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Needs something. Maybe a rip or crack at the borders so that Husky is 'breaking through'? Add a different background behind the husky, maybe a matte grey or black or something?

Reaction Score
4ae6d776a84e11e2a45222000a9e06f4_7_medium.jpg

Reaction Score
Honestly, at first, I didn't know what I was looking at. I didn't know that was the logo. I just saw some blue dog legs or something. I bet this is what the average non-Husky fan will think upon first seeing them.

Reaction Score
I thought Yawin Smallwood looked great in the white uniform with the white helmet, The blue one didn't jump out at me as much. Was never a fan of us having the block C on our football helmets. We don't have that kind of tradition and we are UCONN not C. This whole new logo uniform thing was about a streamline look where we will be UCONN from now on and some of you want to bring back the block C.

Reaction Score

Any pics of the back of the helmets? Suppose to say UCONN. Haven't seen one yet.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I just sent an email to Warde asking him to please bring back the blue helmet with the block C. The new ones are hideous!
Let me guess. You are old, from Connecticut, and hate change?

I'm digging all the changes. We are not nearly as boring now, that's for sure. Block C will always be remembered as will the old Jonathan. But it was time to freshen things up.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I agree with whoever posted in another thread that it would have been cooler is the Jonathan logo was full and not cut off on the sides. That would have been a pretty cool look. To me, the strip or whatever it is down the middle where the husky is, looks like the helmet is unfinished....I guess that's why it bothers me a little....

Reaction Score
My first thought when I saw the helmets was "did Warde the Michigan grad throw some input on this?" Reminded me a little of their classic wing design covering the top middle of the helmet, not the sides.

Reaction Score
I couldn't figure out what the heck it was. Looked like a Michigan ripoff at first.

Thinking plenty of room for helmet stickers on the back and side though I don't think PP is into that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom