Steve Enoch!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Steve Enoch!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I really missed the boat on this one....having a hard time believing this is the first I've heard of this. Steve Enoch is playing for Armenia, my mind is blown

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, put Steve as our 5 and be done with it. Experiment with Brimah at 4.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, put Steve as our 5 and be done with it. Experiment with Brimah at 4.

This is a ridiculous idea. Brimahs strength is helpside D at the rim. Steve might, Maybe, possibly be able to guard at the 4 if he puts in a ton of work on defensive awareness this summer. No chance, less than zero chance, brimah is guarding a college 4.

Reaction Score
What would happen if we added "quite frankly" to the BY's filter? Would your head implode?

Reaction Score

Chief, Brimah would fail miserably in this experiment. He would be pulled from the basket. Thus taking away his rim protection. And would be a liability guarding a stretch 4.

If Enoch is the best center Brimah would be his backup. And if Brimah cant stay on the floor because of foul trouble then you might see a PN type of role with Enoch starting. Maybe Enoch will be able to carry this role better than PN.

Reaction Score
Obviously everyone advocating playing Brimah and Enoch alongside each other have short memories. Drummond and Oriakhi playing together was a disaster.

Having 2 paint-only bigs is an antiquated JC idea that hasn't made basketball sense in about 10 years.

C

Chief00

Brimah is not a good one on one post defender - his best defensive attribute is that he is a great help defender from the weak side - this is how he blocks shots and very effectively. Putting him at the 4 would give us that defensive configuration. I know it's not traditional thinking but it's worth a try since he has not gotten significantly stronger.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
AB has been in Ghana visiting relatives. Can't fault him for that but very unlikely he is seeing the weight room or American style meals. Wonderful kid but this is such a key summer for him if he is ever going to improve as a basketball player - I guess Storrs wasn't fun enough this summer without our boys!
Thanks for the answer Chief00
Not what I wanted to hear but I guess it was important for him to see his family
Would love to see him working on his game
Not sure what the NBA people said to him on his visits this spring/summer but not playing ball/working on his game may not have been high on the list
He is, I guess, healthy this summer - so good time to get in the best shape and work on the things he needs to

Reaction Score
AB has been in Ghana visiting relatives. Can't fault him for that but very unlikely he is seeing the weight room or American style meals. Wonderful kid but this is such a key summer for him if he is ever going to improve as a basketball player - I guess Storrs wasn't fun enough this summer without our boys!

Yeah, how dare the college kid have some time in the summer for himself, rather than working like a dog in the gym for our pleasure the entire time...

Reaction Score
Does anyone remember the mistakes and screw ups that Diamond Stone had last year for Maryland? He was pulled and angry with his coach at several points but he had something Steve did not have, a committment and PT. that's what players need to be something. Enoch is gifted offensively. I say we bite the bullet and let him have floor time. Yes it will be painful, yes but so what? It's not like we have Tim Duncan in his prime out in front. Cmon.

Reaction Score
Enoch has played less than 200 college basketball minutes, so first, I would like to see him prove that he can be a good backup center. And that's likely all he'll be asked to be next season.

Reaction Score
Enoch has played less than 200 college basketball minutes, so first, I would like to see him prove that he can be a good backup center. And that's likely all he'll be asked to be next season.

After watching him for a year in prep school and last year i think you're correct.....we should start seeing a more grown up attitude and improved confidence......also he is a good 3 pt shooter...if his confidence grows and he doesn't lose his athleticism with new weight it could be a real weapon.

Reaction Score
Does anyone remember the mistakes and screw ups that Diamond Stone had last year for Maryland? He was pulled and angry with his coach at several points but he had something Steve did not have, a committment and PT. that's what players need to be something. Enoch is gifted offensively. I say we bite the bullet and let him have floor time. Yes it will be painful, yes but so what? It's not like we have Tim Duncan in his prime out in front. Cmon.
Lol. How do you pack so much wrongness into every post?

Reaction Score
Second game against Portugal... Armenia lost 70-54, Steven Enoch 7 points, 17 Reb, 2 assist, 1 steal, 1 block
I like those lines, WOW 17 Reb!!!!

And 11 Turnovers!!!! How do you get 11 turnovers in a game? haha

Reaction Score
When I watched Enoch in high school he had a way of playing completely different in each game I saw which is very strange. At Hoophall against Vermont Academy with Jones, Mathias, and Brown, he was everywhere on the court, ran the floor in spectacular fashion, finished on the run in traffic, and had the low post jump hooks referred to by other posters. Against New Hampton with Syracuse bound Tyler... he was completely lost, he held Tyler... to just over 30 pts while scoring 4-5 pts himself. He was taken outside on defense and couldn't do it. Against Brewster with Adams, Mitchell, and the rest, he had a solid game in the paint defensively, but when Georgetown bound (Derikkson?) hit 3's and took him outside, he then got beat to the rim every time. My point being that he was lost guarding away from the basket even when he clearly had floor speed and before he bulked up. In all these games he had 2-3 3point attempts and hit at least 1. However he is used, the focus should be playing to his strength with the jump hook in the lane, and avoiding having him guard out to the 3 pt line. He wasn't foul prone in the games I saw so that could be an area that we see improvement.

Reaction Score
When I watched Enoch in high school he had a way of playing completely different in each game I saw which is very strange. At Hoophall against Vermont Academy with Jones, Mathias, and Brown, he was everywhere on the court, ran the floor in spectacular fashion, finished on the run in traffic, and had the low post jump hooks referred to by other posters. Against New Hampton with Syracuse bound Tyler... he was completely lost, he held Tyler... to just over 30 pts while scoring 4-5 pts himself. He was taken outside on defense and couldn't do it. Against Brewster with Adams, Mitchell, and the rest, he had a solid game in the paint defensively, but when Georgetown bound (Derikkson?) hit 3's and took him outside, he then got beat to the rim every time. My point being that he was lost guarding away from the basket even when he clearly had floor speed and before he bulked up. In all these games he had 2-3 3point attempts and hit at least 1. However he is used, the focus should be playing to his strength with the jump hook in the lane, and avoiding having him guard out to the 3 pt line. He wasn't foul prone in the games I saw so that could be an area that we see improvement.

Good stuff Ricker. Let's be honest with all the speculation going around, he needs to get better, and I mean quicker, on defense. He's a better option than we have on offense at the 4 or 5 I don't think there's any doubt about that. Problem is, as it should be, you don't stay on the court if you can't guard anyone at UConn. He didn't react to ball opposite well at all, never mind just guard his guy. He did a nice job against the bigs at Cincy in that one game because he could physically play the low block, but they also were limited in their offensive games.

Bottom line, just like Facey and Brimah needed to do, he needs to improve on help defense reaction as well as moving his feet to stay on the court. With his potential offensively I hope he does that as he's a stronger rebounder than anyone we will have as well as having much better hands.

Reaction Score

Not sure about the weight room but i'm sure he's eating plenty in Ghana, probably alot more than he would eat in the US. the carbs are plentiful and the meat as well. Plus him being a successful college basketball player with Pro potential you better believe everywhere he goes in Ghana he is getting offered a buffet style meal around the clock! Just the way they do things there.

Reaction Score
Enoch was a freshman last year and played like one. That is now history. New season with experience, we should see what Enoch is capable of and gleam his potential.

Just saying we can't analyze or make conclusions much from his freshman year especially with his limited PT. He appears more skilled (tools to work with) than Nolan or AB had as incoming sophomores.

I'm eager to seeing what he brings, and what's improved this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom