Steve Enoch!! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Steve Enoch!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And 11 Turnovers!!!! How do you get 11 turnovers in a game? haha
LOL. Easy. He was just representin a few alums.

Stepping on the baseline 3x - Selvie
Stepping on sideline 3x - Purvis
Getting stripped of the ball on the low blocks 3x - Mumu
Throwing the ball full court into the stands before the game is over 1x - Roscoe

Damn. I need to think of one more. Come to think of it, getting 11 turnovers is really hard. After 5, you shouldn't be getting the ball anymore LOL.

pj

Reaction Score
LOL. Easy. He was just representin a few alums.

Stepping on the baseline 3x - Selvie
Stepping on sideline 3x - Purvis
Getting stripped of the ball on the low blocks 3x - Mumu
Throwing the ball full court into the stands before the game is over 1x - Roscoe

Damn. I need to think of one more. Come to think of it, getting 11 turnovers is really hard. After 5, you shouldn't be getting the ball anymore LOL.

Simple really. The coach told him his place was in the lane. He didn't realize the coach meant on defense until the 11th 3 second violation.

Reaction Score
You know what wasn't a misprint - 17 rebounds. I'd prefer to dwell on that number because we don't have anyone who could do that in 2 games!

But 11 TO's is whacked :eek:
Maybe he was playing PG
he might be their best ball handler

Reaction Score
Does anyone remember the mistakes and screw ups that Diamond Stone had last year for Maryland? He was pulled and angry with his coach at several points but he had something Steve did not have, a committment and PT. that's what players need to be something. Enoch is gifted offensively. I say we bite the bullet and let him have floor time. Yes it will be painful, yes but so what? It's not like we have Tim Duncan in his prime out in front. Cmon.
Enoch averaged over 7 fouls, 9 points, 8 rebounds and .6 blocks per 40 minutes. Stone averaged 4 fouls, 21 points, 9 rebounds, and almost 3 blocks per 40 minutes.

Enoch has a lot of work to do on his lateral mobility in order to stay on the court. His straight line running isn't an issue, but moving his feet side to side is. PT won't make him more agile/mobile, he has to work on that on his own.

Reaction Score
How do we know what Enoch's stats would be with actual PT? Stone was surrounded by good players also unlike Enoch in garbage time. I also believe that the more time on the floor, you can learn what not to do. Just watch the foul ups and bone headed plays coming from our 5 freshman this year. I still believe that with his physical prescence he should have had more of a chance or at least equal to Facey who was unimpressive.

Reaction Score
Final Game: 5/18 (1/2 from 3), 18 points, 12 rebounds, 6 blocked shots.
4/16 from 2 against smaller competition is not pretty. Between this and the 11 turnovers the other day, Enoch is tempering my expectations as to what he will be able to give UConn this year. Opportunity is there for Diarra and Jackson (and Durham if he doesn't redshirt).

Reaction Score
How do we know what Enoch's stats would be with actual PT? Stone was surrounded by good players also unlike Enoch in garbage time. I also believe that the more time on the floor, you can learn what not to do. Just watch the foul ups and bone headed plays coming from our 5 freshman this year. I still believe that with his physical prescence he should have had more of a chance or at least equal to Facey who was unimpressive.
Diamond Stone at the same stage of their basketball lives is a better player than Enoch, not really sure why this is so hard for you to understand.

Reaction Score
4/16 from 2 against smaller competition is not pretty. Between this and the 11 turnovers the other day, Enoch is tempering my expectations as to what he will be able to give UConn this year. Opportunity is there for Diarra and Jackson (and Durham if he doesn't redshirt).

Again my preference is to look at the 17 and 12 rebounds we've seen. We have no one to do that so there is something there to work with.

Reaction Score
Again my preference is to look at the 17 and 12 rebounds we've seen. We have no one to do that so there is something there to work with.

There is nothing to suggest that other guys on the roster couldn't do that in the same setting.

Reaction Score
There is nothing to suggest that other guys on the roster couldn't do that in the same setting.

Oh okay because we all know the setting? Not saying your wrong but if you think we have someone on this roster who can get 17 boards anywhere you weren't watching this team sorry. No matter what the "setting" is you need to know how to do some things, they don't magically fall into your lap.

You guys want to hammer him go ahead, I will wait to see! His piece is important because we have too many who already have seemed to hit their ceiling. We need improvement somewhere in paint. And the new blood will help.

Reaction Score
The kid is doing well now and it seems that some want to shovel dirt on his potential. Lets give him some rope and see what he can be, he's the only one with the body for it. Yes some pain will come with that but so what?h

Reaction Score
I'm not shoveling dirt on anyone. From my eyes, he didn't deserve to play more minutes last year because he couldn't stop fouling. But the "so what" is the other kids on the team; we don't know what goes on in practice. But playing time should be earned, not given. So if he earns more PT great, if not, it's more likely on him.

I firmly believe we can get more out of Facey than Enoch this year. I believe Enoch has a higher ceiling, but if Facey is better now, and IMO he is, then he should get the majority of the minutes because the guys who give the team the best chance to win deserve to play. Miller deserved to play over Facey, but I think he can give us close to 8 and 10 if he gets the minutes he got as a sophomore. (20+)

Reaction Score
Oh okay because we all know the setting? Not saying your wrong but if you think we have someone on this roster who can get 17 boards anywhere you weren't watching this team sorry. No matter what the "setting" is you need to know how to do some things, they don't magically fall into your lap.

You guys want to hammer him go ahead, I will wait to see! His piece is important because we have too many who already have seemed to hit their ceiling. We need improvement somewhere in paint. And the new blood will help.

I'm quite sure Facey could get 17 rebounds 'anywhere' and given Brimah's rebounding rate was ahead of what Enoch's was last year, he probably could, too.

Enoch has a lot of tools physically and I'm as excited to watch him grow as the next guy, but there's also a tendency to glorify the unknown because of what we've seen (and haven't seen) from Facey and Brimah.

Reaction Score
I would guess he is somewhat of a focal point for them in the paint. He is probably forcing a lot of shots he wouldn't normally take in the flow of the offense. He's shooting threes so anything is possible. As mau has said, at least he's rebounding, and he's getting some game practice.

Reaction Score
Had 6 pts and 22 rbs roday but shot 2-17 apparently. This is getting a bit concerning

Reaction Score
Had 6 pts and 22 rbs roday but shot 2-17 apparently. This is getting a bit concerning
he looked pretty bad , i watched the whole game. not only did he get scored on a low by drivers he took a ton of horrible shots. and he was by the far the biggest dude on the court for both teams , hence the rebounding numbers.

Reaction Score
I don't want to read too much into this, because when he is on the court for us he's no higher than maybe the 3rd or 4th option? In limited time last year he took shots within the flow of the offense and I, personally, don't recall many instances where he disrupted a possession by taking a shot he was unlikely to make.

I didn't watch thisgame, but hopefully he fought for some of those rebounds and had to box out a few times. If it's just that he's the tallest guy on the court and nobody else is taller than 6'5 then I guess we should just be grateful he snared a ton of rebs and didn't underachieve.

He still sux on d. no surprise there. Hope that comes with experience.

Reaction Score

I must admit while I try to focus on the rebounding which is wonderful, how can he miss so many shots? He really does look to be able to shoot it pretty well and has some post moves so it's hard to imagine what is going wrong here?

Reaction Score
I'm wondering based on these shooting/turnover numbers if Enoch is less polished offensively than we had hoped. It's hard to understand how he would be that bad - you would think he could do better than 2 of 17 on put backs alone.

Of course, that wouldn't be unusual for a kid his age...and I'm more inclined to be bullish on the rebounding numbers considering his physical profile.

Reaction Score
2-17, even Hamilton is shaking his head somewhere.

I couldn't imagine this board if he did that this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom