Steve Enoch!! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Steve Enoch!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
We need to get back to recruiting UConn bigs, staff has been so guard crazed the last few years. Teams like 2014 are the exception to success in college basketball, not the rule.

In my opinion, at the college level, size is still king.

Reaction Score
We need to get back to recruiting UConn bigs, staff has been so guard crazed the last few years. Teams like 2014 are the exception to success in college basketball, not the rule.

Enoch's been the highest rated big we have had since Drummond (top 60-50) and fits the profile of the better bigs we have had in the past. More commits from top 60 bigs would be fine by me.

Reaction Score
Enoch's been the highest rated big we have had since Drummond (top 60-50) and fits the profile of the better bigs we have had in the past. More commits from top 60 bigs would be fine by me.
I think Ollie will dig into him a bit for the showing he has put on, but I think he will be enthused about his rebounding numbers. I'd rather have Enoch average 6 and 10 over 10 and 6

Reaction Score
And he's just 18 years old. 18!!!!!

People have to chill and just be happy that
1. He got a ton of game experience on this trip
2. He got a ton of touches
3. He did so against grown men

agreed. If he can refine his offensive game a little bit and learn some defensive awareness, rotating, hedging, defending the post, he could be an nba player.

Reaction Score
And he's just 18 years old. 18!!!!!

People have to chill and just be happy that
1. He got a ton of game experience on this trip
2. He got a ton of touches
3. He did so against grown men

Don't disagree except for #3, U20 tourney isn't playing against grown men

Reaction Score

Guard and perimeter play dominating college basketball, especially in March, isn't an exception at all.

Reaction Score
We have seen Enoch make beautiful offensive moves in AAC competition so we know he has that in his bag. It could take a whole year of extended floor time to improve defensively should he get the chance unlike last year. For those who would resist that because they think we'll ruin our FF chances I say wake up. Brimah and Facey stand sideways and the're almost invisible. UCONN not address it's big man problem from last year with recruiting so we are where we are and Facey and Brimah have had 3 years of opportunities.

Reaction Score
We have seen Enoch make beautiful offensive moves in AAC competition so we know he has that in his bag. It could take a whole year of extended floor time to improve defensively should he get the chance unlike last year. For those who would resist that because they think we'll ruin our FF chances I say wake up. Brimah and Facey stand sideways and the're almost invisible. UCONN not address it's big man problem from last year with recruiting so we are where we are and Facey and Brimah have had 3 years of opportunities.
I like how you know we haven't addressed our big man problem from last year with recruiting, even though our recruits haven't played a game, or even had one practice.

Reaction Score
The board should throw a celebration when you finally make a post without a ridiculous strawman argument.

Reaction Score
Brimah might be the one of only a couple of returning 5s ,who started on a NC team.
He is better now than he was then, so why all the trepidation.

Reaction Score
I like how you know we haven't addressed our big man problem from last year with recruiting, even though our recruits haven't played a game, or even had one practice.
Which of our new recruits is a center?

Reaction Score
Brimah might be the one of only a couple of returning 5s ,who started on a NC team.
He is better now than he was then, so why all the trepidation.

He's gone up exactly 2.4 per game in points, 1.6 in boards and .4 in blocks. I think he's just stating he needs to finally take that leap expected from a talented guy who thus far has taken tiny baby steps in his first 3 years. Good to still have him on the team no doubting that, but would be nice to see a better player at some point.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I think AZ's point is that we won a championship with him and even if he is only slightly better, it should be enough.

Reaction Score
I think AZ's point is that we won a championship with him and even if he is only slightly better, it should be enough.

Yeah but we won a NC with him not because of him. You can argue that his 3 point play was huge and it was, but he did very little besides that also. But he was a freshman so how much did we expect? I thought he did fine considering where he came from, HS rankings etc etc.. But since then, hardly a difference.

My point is the fact he hasn't improved is one of the reasons we are still waiting for another special season, not the only reason though. Not pinning it on him at all but a big jump in the middle could propel this team to a special season. Need to be able to dump it in there to assist the perimeter game and someone needs to step up.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I'm quite sure Facey could get 17 rebounds 'anywhere' and given Brimah's rebounding rate was ahead of what Enoch's was last year, he probably could, too.

Enoch has a lot of tools physically and I'm as excited to watch him grow as the next guy, but there's also a tendency to glorify the unknown because of what we've seen (and haven't seen) from Facey and Brimah.
I can't picture any of these getting 17 boards until they learn to control the fouling or the opposite which was disappearing on defense. They all show some flashes of real talent but don't have the basketball IQ or seemingly experience to use their heads. Hoping for the best for all of them; it is frustrating (as it probably is for them as well) to watch them make so many mistakes, especially fouls. Just hoping the staff can help them settle down this year and stay in the game. If Facey or Brimah made even decent improvement it would great. Enoch is still young but we could really use any and all to step up this year.

Reaction Score
Yeah but we won a NC with him not because of him. You can argue that his 3 point play was huge and it was, but he did very little besides that also. But he was a freshman so how much did we expect? I thought he did fine considering where he came from, HS rankings etc etc.. But since then, hardly a difference.

My point is the fact he hasn't improved is one of the reasons we are still waiting for another special season, not the only reason though. Not pinning it on him at all but a big jump in the middle could propel this team to a special season. Need to be able to dump it in there to assist the perimeter game and someone needs to step up.
That's not totally true ,W/O his three point play the course of UConn BB History is so differentl.

Reaction Score
That's not totally true ,W/O his three point play the course of UConn BB History is so differentl.

Correct, I can't argue with that play or that particular game he was good. But you can say that Phil Nolan had more or equal impact and I believe, if memory serves me correct, was the "starter" for most of the tourney?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom