Steve Enoch!! | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Steve Enoch!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
I really think Steve can be a dominant force. The pieces are all there. This is saying A LOT, but he has the ceiling of Okafor. I think he can be that good.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I really think Steve can be a dominant force. The pieces are all there. This is saying A LOT, but he has the ceiling of Okafor. I think he can be that good.

I doubt he'll ever approach Okafor defensively. Emeka came in with defensive instincts that you just couldn't teach. As a college player, he had no weaknesses on the defensive end by the time he left. I mean, you are talking about a 2x national DPOY, and it wasn't really close.

Reaction Score

I think he can be better offensively. Defense is largely instinct and hustle. He can hustle, but you can't really teach instinct. He has to learn where to be on the court in order to force difficult shots for his man without fouling.

Reaction Score
Ellis and Mason were 22 and Seldon was 21, but didn't we have 2 fifth year players ourselves, and Rodney was a 4th year junior? Their front line was not taller than ours but they certainly were stronger, more solid and skilled.

We make fun of Perry Ellis for looking 35, but he's still 2 months younger than Facey, who turned 23 this month. Brimah will be 23 in February.

No excuse to be soft in the frontcourt this year.

Reaction Score
I'm Wishin', hopein', and prayin'. wasn't there a song?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
We make fun of Perry Ellis for looking 35, but he's still 2 months younger than Facey, who turned 23 this month. Brimah will be 23 in February.

No excuse to be soft in the frontcourt this year.

Perry and the other guys are built like brick sh_thouses though. That's the main difference. They also happened to be more skilled than our guys.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not sure if anyone posted this yet put great stuff

I realize this is against inferior comp, but I think this confirms our belief that his offense is on track. No defensive highlights though--that's where he needs to work.

I don't see him ever handling the ball like that against d1 comp.

Reaction Score
Enoch's future is so bright, he is built like a boulder. I want to see more low post action from him, brief glimpses of him scoring with his back to the basket have been pretty.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Just in this video, I don't care about the competition, while it doesn't show a lot of D from Steve, his offensive game is well more advanced than AB's

Reaction Score
I realize this is against inferior comp, but I think this confirms our belief that his offense is on track. No defensive highlights though--that's where he needs to work.

I don't see him ever handling the ball like that against d1 comp.
There was one highlight of him blocking a shot. LOL! I love his offensive game developing out to the 3 pt line. He is also banging inside for rebounds even if it is against smaller and less athletics guys than he will see in college. Has a great offensive game. He just needs to develop some defensive positioning skills and toughness to stay on the court. I hope he can do that!

Reaction Score
He finished too low in a few could've used his bulk to move people but still, the flashes are fun to see. Let's see how they translate on the court, as his defensive improvement will allow us to see them, or not.

But there are some beautiful things in the video, most of which have been completely absent from our big men of late on the offensive end. And we know he can catch an alley oop too.;)

Reaction Score
The moves are all present, what this kid needs at uconn is confidence. I think once he has a nice scoring game we are going to see him come to life. In our early games in the season Ollie needs him to get going offensively. Let him start feeling himself and we will see a different kid. I'm excited.

And I don't care about the level of competition. Those mid range jump shots he can have at will on our team and if he is comfy in the offense he will be knocking those down with ease.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score

I am dumbfounded by the # of jumpers he took and hit. Not wild, desperation shots, but within the flow of the offense. I know it was a string of SE highlights, but it looked like their offense was built around him. Inside, he looked like a man amongst boys.

No telling how much of this is going to translate to a situation where he's not the best combo of size and skill on the team and is playing against quality opposition but damn, I'm getting a little optimistic here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psttc

Top Bottom