Steve Enoch!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Screenshot_2016-07-15-11-05-08.png

Steve Enoch has 22 and 9 in the 4th quarter

Reaction Score
schedule

its division b, so not the best of the best in europe like niels faced @ 2013 eurobasket. Still not a bad experience for steve.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
1/7 from three?!

He was 8/13 from inside the arch.

Reaction Score
schedule

its division b, so not the best of the best in europe like niels faced @ 2013 eurobasket. Still not a bad experience for steve.
Is it equal to a quality div 1 basketball team?

Reaction Score
Is it equal to a quality div 1 basketball team?
Nah. I don't think so , but if he's allowed to get up shots and work on his feel for the game this might be good for him. I just don't like how KO juxtaposed giffeys eurobasket trip and enoch u20 trip in the media. For one, eurobasket was stocked with grown men and pros, I specifically remember Giffey guarding Nando de colo and batum(star in Europe now and Nics a max NBA guy) very well for a few possessions.

He also completely threw away any chance to compete with team USA in the future and he's only 19-20. A lot of guys aren't on USA basketball radar at that age just look at the Olympic roster (dj, draymond, Lowry,pg)

Reaction Score
What is he doing shooting 7 threes? I guess when you're playing Euro ball everyone does.
That's actually part of his game. IIRC he won or at least placed in the top three of a 3-point shooting contest at one of the high school all star games he was in, maybe the jordan brand regional game.

Reaction Score
That's actually part of his game. IIRC he won or at least placed in the top three of a 3-point shooting contest at one of the high school all star games he was in, maybe the jordan brand regional game.

Yea he clearly has a good touch on his shot but I dont know that i want him taking 7 3 point shots. Run a few plays to get the opposing teams center outside of the paint where Enoch take a few 3s id be fine with that. And if he can actually knock down a good percentage then maybe you give him some more of those shots. I hope he gets more comfortable on the floor for us this season, i still love his potential.

Reaction Score
If he has range out to the three point line, the potential to play him alongside brimah exists.
Not entirely. Brimah isn't someone you want defending on the perimeter and Enoch is nowhere near a good enough defender to guard a half mobile 4 man (for example Ben Moore would probably drop 35 on Enoch).

Offensively, maybe it could. Or against a slow or big lineup of another team, but small ball is much more common in college. For the sake of Enoch's future, a 3 point jumper would be great though. I know he could knock down mid range shots with some sort of consistency in HS.

Reaction Score
Not entirely. Brimah isn't someone you want defending on the perimeter and Enoch is nowhere near a good enough defender to guard a half mobile 4 man (for example Ben Moore would probably drop 35 on Enoch).

Offensively, maybe it could. Or against a slow or big lineup of another team, but small ball is much more common in college. For the sake of Enoch's future, a 3 point jumper would be great though. I know he could knock down mid range shots with some sort of consistency in HS.

Last year, it's a new year. Give him the summer after his freshman year to see what he worked on then we'll know. But I agree can't have AB away from the rim you take away his biggest impact.

Reaction Score
I'd love to see Enoch get more run this year and be a solid contributor. He is solid and strong and we could use a good rebounding 4 to pick up some slack for us in that area. He also does have a few decent post moves and some nice touch around the rim. It would be nice to see him get a chance to use it.

Reaction Score
honestly ,he has probably the best physical tools on the roster( 6'10 ,7'3 wingspan, DOB 9/18/97, not even 19)... he should be in the process of being molded into a lottery pick, not in armenia playing in a div b competition with zero pro prospects. it just seems weird that enoch skipped over to greece to learn all new intl rules when he currently is lost in D1, all on the recommendation of jere quinn? I take solace in the fact this isn't more than 3-4 weeks ( him not able to take summer classes is another issue), hopefully he can get back to storrs and really build with our young core.

Reaction Score
honestly ,he has probably the best physical tools on the roster( 6'10 ,7'3 wingspan, DOB 9/18/97, not even 19)... he should be in the process of being molded into a lottery pick, not in armenia playing in a div b competition with zero pro prospects. it just seems weird that enoch skipped over to greece to learn all new intl rules when he currently is lost in D1, all on the recommendation of jere quinn? I take solace in the fact this isn't more than 3-4 weeks ( him not able to take summer classes is another issue), hopefully he can get back to storrs and really build with our young core.

I agree but at the same time, what Enoch also really needs is live game experience, and he's getting it even if the competition isn't top tier.

Reaction Score
I'd love to see Enoch get more run this year and be a solid contributor. He is solid and strong and we could use a good rebounding 4 to pick up some slack for us in that area. He also does have a few decent post moves and some nice touch around the rim. It would be nice to see him get a chance to use it.

Enoch is not playing the 4. He wouldn't even play the 4 in the NBA. He is a pure 5 in today's basketball environment.

Reaction Score
I'll agree to disagree
Closer to the truth, rather than arguing, to just agree that there ARE NOT traditional 4/5 roles in todays NBA. See, both right/wrong.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
If Enoch wants to play the 4 this year, he needs to improve his defense a LOT or he's going to give up 20 points every night.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Obviously, he never played for Calhoun! He would have tackled him after the 2nd or 3rd three.
More likely benched him after the first.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Don't know the level of competition but the kid is playing and working on his game.
He's getting as much NBA notice there as he would playing in the Greater Hartford Pro-Am
BTW, what is AB doing now?

C

Chief00

AB has been in Ghana visiting relatives. Can't fault him for that but very unlikely he is seeing the weight room or American style meals. Wonderful kid but this is such a key summer for him if he is ever going to improve as a basketball player - I guess Storrs wasn't fun enough this summer without our boys!

Reaction Score
AB has been in Ghana visiting relatives. Can't fault him for that but very unlikely he is seeing the weight room or American style meals. Wonderful kid but this is such a key summer for him if he is ever going to improve as a basketball player - I guess Storrs wasn't fun enough this summer without our boys!
At least he's not hurt this summer. Just growing and maturing naturally will help him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom