OT: Louisville presser at 1:30 today | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Louisville presser at 1:30 today

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
How can you pick when it's convenient to serve a penalty? What if it was BC. Hey, we will ban for this year. Okay-

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Never stop selling Rick. Never stop being a self serving POS. Not even at this presser. So disgusting.

Reaction Score
Louisville praying the NCAA leaves them alone now - you never OVER-self impose punishments. You hope you throw them enough flesh so that they move on.

So last year syracuse, this year louisville, next year UNC?

Reaction Score
North Carolina players basically had bogus academic careers and they play happily on? What are they saying about future Louisville scholarships?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wow, all black, black curtain background and on the table, it's a funeral.

They've found that they've violated NCAA rules. Possibly it is a "Class 1 violation."

Pitino: "We're going to play the last 9 games of the season as if they were the last games we'll ever play."

CL82: I think he's done. I also think that Pitino disagrees with the decision to self ban.

Pitino: "I'm just a soldier."

CL82: Neither Pitino nor Jurich know what was discovered. Inquiry is still pending.

"At some point, this information will come out."

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Wow, all black, black curtain background and on the table, it's a funeral.

They've found that they've violated NCAA rules. Possibly it is a "Class 1 violation."

Pitino: "We're going to play the last 9 games of the season as if they were the last games we'll ever play."

CL82: I think he's done. I also think that Pitino disagrees with the decision to self ban.

Pitino: "I'm just a soldier."

CL82: Neither Pitino nor Jurich know what was discovered. Inquiry is still pending.

"At some point, this information will come out."
Don't buy his BS. He was absolutely involved in the decision to ban this year. He has to distance himself from it to hold his lockeroom.

CL82

Reaction Score
Don't buy his BS. He was absolutely involved in the decision to ban this year. He has to distance himself from it to hold his lockeroom.
Not so sure. I get the sense he's, appropriately, going to be through under the bus.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Syracuse is still gonna have problems with recruiting down the road. I mean, they had Thomas Bryant all but officially committed when the sanctions were announced, and he ended up going to Indiana. He would be a major difference maker for Syracuse this year. Their 2017 & 2018 classes will be pretty mediocre if I had to guess.
Future recruits also got to see what the future looks like with Hopkins coaching. Not good.

Reaction Score
Future recruits also got to see what the future looks like with Hopkins coaching. Not good.

Yeah, Hopkins is not the answer to that program.

Reaction Score
This is big, which leads me to believe there's A Lot more under the surface that we don't know. I'm certain if and when it comes out, a one year self imposed ban will seem like a light penalty
Light penalty? The ban they could live with but no more hookers? That will discourage a lot of recruits and have a big impact on the local economy

CL82

Reaction Score
So here's the question is the 2013 season in jeopardy for them? That would explain why they took this step pre-emptively.

Reaction Score
Just about every recent Louisville star was involved. I find it hard to believe that Pitino didn't know-it went on for too long.
As an aside, I knew a man who played football at Florida in the 60's and he told me he was getting $125 a week and other SEC players had similar deals. I really thought most of the blatant infractions had ended but Louisville disproves it.

Reaction Score
Look at the difference in violations for us vs Louisville Cuse and NC. We tried to get a poor kid an operation for chrissakes, then some players didn't do well academically.....fair and square. We were crucified compared to what's going on here. We were called a dirty program. Makes me laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom