OT: Louisville presser at 1:30 today | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Louisville presser at 1:30 today

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
As an aside, I knew a man who played football at Florida in the 60's and he told me he was getting $125 a week and other SEC players had similar deals. I really thought most of the blatant infractions had ended but Louisville disproves it.

Muahahahahahahahha! If you just peak under the SEC football recruit curtain for a mere second, you'll see piles of hundos bigger than Texas. With strippers and hookers doing the Scrooge McDuck in the middle.

Reaction Score
I wonder what kind of punishment 18 years of academic fraud warrants.... the NCAA is monitoring the situation....hmmm let me think.
hmmm.jpg

intlzncster

Reaction Score
You cant spell Louisville without "Lol"

This whole thing is truly high comedy. I'm not disgusted, I'm literally laughing at their reaction to this whole thing.

Reaction Score
How selfish of Lee to take his only opportunity to make millions of dollars for he and his family.

How selfish of Lewis for attempting to play on the biggest stage on what could be his last year of playing basketball.

Dan Dakich must have had his heart broken by kids leaving his poorly coached teams. What a salty and judgmental thing to say. The world revolves around him, apparently.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If Kraft wasn't rich already he'd get there with all the real estate he owns in 8893's brain. Borderline obsessive.
If I'm borderline, then you've been having an affair and stalking relationship with Calipari that puts Pitino's dalliances to shame.

And Kraft has nothing to do with it on my end, nor do the Pats themselves. Good team, good franchise; love that my team beat them twice when it really mattered.

But yes, Pats fans--much like the pink hat Sox fans with which they have such massive overlap, but worse--are tiresome in these parts, to put it mildly. Their persecution complex is something the likes of which sports have never seen. Pretty sure it will be identified as its own category of disorder in the next edition of the DSM.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Never mention the Patriots.

I'm convinced the fan base is a mutant strain of Red Sox fan that has gone horribly, horribly wrong.

It's like making noise in The Walking Dead...post about them and the zombies will come your way.

Reaction Score
I did not watch the presser but did Lville mention any scholarship reduction?

Reaction Score
How selfish of Lee to take his only opportunity to make millions of dollars for he and his family.

How selfish of Lewis for attempting to play on the biggest stage on what could be his last year of playing basketball.

Dan Dakich must have had his heart broken by kids leaving his poorly coached teams. What a salty and judgmental thing to say. The world revolves around him, apparently.
Dakich is a rod eater.

Reaction Score
So many threads are turning into cry fests for Pats fans.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Never mention the Patriots.

I'm convinced the fan base is a mutant strain of Red Sox fan that has gone horribly, horribly wrong.

It's like making noise in The Walking Dead...post about them and the zombies will come your way.
Probably true. After reading yet another butt hurt Jets fan post, it is a natural reaction to wonder around shocked while trying find a Jet's fan that actually has ...brains!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Probably true. After reading yet another butt hurt Jets fan post, it is a natural reaction to wonder around shocked while trying find a Jet's fan that actually has ...brains!

Hey!
BabhFPO.gif

Reaction Score
So many threads are turning into cry fests for Pats fans.
It's bizarre how many Patriots debates we've had to endure on this board. And it isn't even the offseason.

Pats and Giants fans are equally to blame.

Reaction Score

Dakich really is a dick. I hate watching games he does. Even my 14 year old says the other day, "Dad, Dan Dakich is really annoying." Kids are free to transfer and they were just taking advantage of a rule the NCAA is responsible for. So Dakich's problem should be with the NCAA, not Lee and Lewis.

Have to feel for Lee and Lewis. Louisville isn't done with just one post season ban. Because this was a recruiting violation they're looking at some stiff (pun intended!) recruiting sanctions.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...hly-punishes-seniors-with-late-postseason-ban

Those two fifth-year players graduated last Spring, from Cleveland State and Drexel, and had lots of great opportunities presented to them. Lewis could've gone to Xavier or Ohio State while Lee could've gone to Maryland, Gonzaga or Arizona, just to name a few. Instead, they both picked Louisville, and coach Rick Pitino recalled why Friday.

"They told me, 'Coach we've never experienced the NCAA Tournament. We just want to experience it one time,'" Pitino said. "Now Damion and Trey have nothing to look forward to. They were hit over the head with a sledgehammer."

Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...-self-imposed-postseason-ban-means-worst-come

Yet according to school president Dr. James Ramsey, the school received an update from the NCAA and its own investigative committee on Thursday and by just a little past lunchtime on Friday, announced a seasonal death penalty. The Cardinals' 2015-16 season will come to a close on March 5 in Charlottesville, Virginia.

Which can only mean one thing.

As bad as Friday might seem to the Cardinal faithful, things could get even uglier.

Unless Ramsey, who insists both Rick Pitino and athletic director Tom Jurich have not been privy to updates on the investigation, is more impetuous than his head coach, has a really nice timeshare he wants to get a jump on this spring, or wants to give his hall of fame coach reason to quit, the only reason he would make such a harsh decision is because he felt like he had no choice; that whatever the NCAA has found is both solidly proven and incredibly damaging. This is more than throwing oneself at the mercy of the court; this is admitting something ugly, unseemly, embarrassing and damaging happened.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I think Pitino is out at Louisville. I always thought he was an awesome college bb coach. Pros, not so much. He doesn't seem like a nice guy. I believe he was very aware of the recruitment "tactics" at Lville. The AD will probably have to fall on his sword also. As for Dakich, what a ! The lville issue and the graduate transfer rule have absolutely nothing to do with each other. For him to dump on those kids is so outrageous. I guess he's a big karma guy and I'm hoping some karma comes his way soon.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Dakich really is a dick. I hate watching games he does. Even my 14 year old says the other day, "Dad, Dan Dakich is really annoying." Kids are free to transfer and they were just taking advantage of a rule the NCAA is responsible for. So Dakich's problem should be with the NCAA, not Lee and Lewis.

Have to feel for Lee and Lewis. Louisville isn't done with just one post season ban. Because this was a recruiting violation they're looking at some stiff (pun intended!) recruiting sanctions.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...hly-punishes-seniors-with-late-postseason-ban

Those two fifth-year players graduated last Spring, from Cleveland State and Drexel, and had lots of great opportunities presented to them. Lewis could've gone to Xavier or Ohio State while Lee could've gone to Maryland, Gonzaga or Arizona, just to name a few. Instead, they both picked Louisville, and coach Rick Pitino recalled why Friday.

"They told me, 'Coach we've never experienced the NCAA Tournament. We just want to experience it one time,'" Pitino said. "Now Damion and Trey have nothing to look forward to. They were hit over the head with a sledgehammer."

What I don't understand is why they couldn't just take it next year. They have a good team this year, a couple of senior transfers. Nothing kills pain like a successful tournament run.

Is it really just to retain as many recruits as possible? That's pretty low if so.

Reaction Score
What I don't understand is why they couldn't just take it next year. They have a good team this year, a couple of senior transfers. Nothing kills pain like a successful tournament run.

Is it really just to retain as many recruits as possible? That's pretty low if so.
It certainly is they figure get it out of the way and future recruits wont care and will still come (nice try), hopefully the powers that be take both Louisville and North Carolina to the woodshed

Reaction Score
I posted stuff in the chat room that I want trolls on this board

Reaction Score
If Louisville wins a championship next year they can have one of their player address the crowd with a take on Bazz's speach. "Listen up. Listen up everyone. This is what happens when we ban ourselves!"

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
The AD is worshiped as a god there, and Pitino may get a slap on the wrist. Remember, they are trying to compete with Kentucky right down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom