OT: Louisville presser at 1:30 today | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT: Louisville presser at 1:30 today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No drugs
No stealing
No guns

I can just picture incoming frosh feverishly scrawling that down.

Maybe; but, the gun thing won't do- not in Tx. All the local recruits will have to brandish their firearms and a stet. to match. Do we really want in- into these blackholes that are called ACC and B12? And these committed sins- as horrible as they are- probably pale in comparison to the ones that will never ever see daylight. Because the NCAA is (and have been) in bed with these schools. Yet, when the P5 jettison the NCAA and begins to police themselves, God help us. Perhaps it will be best- no more illusions- just the naked truths about colleges and their money making sports- called student athletics.

Reaction Score
Somehow to me, although this is unbelievable unethical and wrong, this still is not like an academic scam which UNC is getting their pee-pee slapped on? While it may help a kid make up his mind, at 18 years old if you're still a virgin this day and age and a hookers BJ makes the difference on where you go to school you're already lost.

So while they deserve whatever punishment they get the fact this is such a huge story and UNC is still playing is such a joke I can't believe it. Rick is fighting for his rep now and Roy "Boo-Boo" Williams is still looking for a national title? I mean if there is a God up there UNC will get upset by #16.

Reaction Score
Somehow to me, although this is unbelievable unethical and wrong, this still is not like an academic scam which UNC is getting their pee-pee slapped on? While it may help a kid make up his mind, at 18 years old if you're still a virgin this day and age and a hookers BJ makes the difference on where you go to school you're already lost.

So while they deserve whatever punishment they get the fact this is such a huge story and UNC is still playing is such a joke I can't believe it. Rick is fighting for his rep now and Roy "Boo-Boo" Williams is still looking for a national title? I mean if there is a God up there UNC will get upset by #16.

Recruits hooking up with girls happens on every campus. The only difference is Lousiville has the dumbest staff of all time and paid for "professionals". That is an all time level of stupidity and deserves to be punished. And that's before getting into the ethics of grown men paying for 18 year old kids to have sex.

Unlike some posters here I think UNC will get what is coming to them. It's too big of a deal for the NCAA not to do anything. It will take awhile though.

Reaction Score
Unlike some posters here I think UNC will get what is coming to them. It's too big of a deal for the NCAA not to do anything. It will take awhile though.

The NCAA is in survival mode right now. If crushing UNC over its over a decade of university sponsored rules violations helps the NCAA survive, then UNC will get hammered. If letting UNC go with a slap on the wrist helps the NCAA survive, then that is what will happen.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The NCAA is in survival mode right now. If crushing UNC over its over a decade of university sponsored rules violations helps the NCAA survive, then UNC will get hammered. If letting UNC go with a slap on the wrist helps the NCAA survive, then that is what will happen.

Yeah, I posted that a long time ago. Before the release of the info that the basketball team 'wasn't involved'. I personally no longer think much will happen to them.

Reaction Score
From last night: http://www.wdrb.com/story/31155627/...isville-needed-to-put-more-cards-on-the-table

Post game comments today were interesting.

ericcrawford2:20pm via TweetDeck
Pitino on petitions: “Let me say this. The system is broken. Please, nobody blame Dr. Ramsey. Tom Jurich made this decision."

ericcrawford2:20pm via TweetDeck
Pitino: “Tom made the decision. Tom is the best athletic director in all of athletics."

ericcrawford2:21pm via TweetDeck
Pitino: “If Tom had been in on (investigative committee) meetings, this would’ve happened a month and a half ago."

ericcrawford2:22pm via TweetDeck
Pitino: “If our players were involved in this, then we should be out of the tournament and not be allowed to play."

ericcrawford2:22pm via TweetDeck
Pitino: “This is a bad system, but that does not mean we were not wrong in what went on. We were wrong. It turns my stomach."

ericcrawford2:23pm via TweetDeck
Pitino: “We’re going to support Tom for his decision. We’re going to support Dr. Ramsey for his decision."

ericcrawford2:24pm via TweetDeck
Tom on Jurich: “He’s the brightest guy in the room. . . . I believe in the man. I believe he knows what’s right."

Pitino: “We should be penalized, no question about it. But not this team. But the NCAA didn’t make that decision. We made that decision."

Pitino: “I still have to be interviewed (by the NCAA).”

ericcrawford2:27pm via TweetDeck
Pitino: “It’s tough to fathom what went on. People say ‘he had to know.’ I get upset at that. But I did that to everybody around me."

ericcrawford2:28pm via TweetDeck
Pitino on Ramsey: “He’s taken enough heat from enough places. He’s done a lot for our university. He doesn’t deserve this."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Recruits hooking up with girls happens on every campus. The only difference is Lousiville has the dumbest staff of all time and paid for "professionals". That is an all time level of stupidity and deserves to be punished. And that's before getting into the ethics of grown men paying for 18 year old kids to have sex.

This^^

Back in the day when I was young and we were just starting to get good, I remember meeting a girl who had a piercing in here ear (and there were several) for every Uconn basketball player she slept with. She also said she would make a recruit's toes curl if it meant he would commit here. There are plenty of basketball groupies out there.

Reaction Score
Rick Pitino rails against Louisville's self-imposed postseason ban
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rick-p...--says--system-is-broken-212216341-ncaab.html

Picked this-up on ESPN

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...ident-blames-broken-system-punishing-programs

"Pitino also recommended the NCAA adopt a system of financial punishment to sanction programs. He suggested that programs found to be in violation should pay $10 million in fines, while the coach overseeing the program in question should be fined 50 percent of his salary."

So basically, Pitino wants to make it a pay-for-play system. No blame, no coaches being fired for breaking NCAA rules (or the law in this case) , no loss of game, titles, etc. Basically buy one's way out of trouble. This would turn it into a pay-to-play system that allows the well funded programs to do what they want when they want to while sinking the less funded programs. Of course, Rick wouldn't kind too much, he would earn $2 million a year instead of $4 million a year. Yep, tough life there.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
!OTE="beerfan, post: 1570360, member: 604"]This^^

Back in the day when I was young and we were just starting to get good, I remember meeting a girl who had a piercing in here ear (and there were several) for every Uconn basketball player she slept with. She also said she would make a recruit's toes curl if it meant he would commit here. There are plenty of basketball groupies out there.[/QUOTE]

they may still be people like that on the campus. The one thing is certain, coach Ollie is not arranging it or sanctioning it!

Reaction Score
Can we stop with the "punishing guys who had nothing to do with this" meme? This stuff went on at least through 2014. And if you actually believe it magically ended then you probably still believe in the Easter Bunny. But even if it did that means there are most likely recruits who came after getting illegal benefits, let's call it, who are still on the basketball team. So they are paying the price and taking the others with them.

Plus this is a penalty to the basketball PROGRAM. There is no way to penalize a program that is meaningful without it being a future penalty. And by definition that means some guys will suffer who were not involved in the illegal activity. It was a dumb argument when it applied to UConn. It remains a dumb argument when used by Louisville.

Reaction Score
Pitino says people are crazy if they think he is going to leave any time soon.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
!OTE="beerfan, post: 1570360, member: 604"]they may still be people like that on the campus.

May? The number is likely in the 100s. Sport is a thing. Who can bag the biggest fish. Especially with social media. Girls see a guy is out someplace in particular, then rush over there and try to seal the deal. See it all the time in Boston for crying out loud, never mind on an insular college campus.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Plus this is a penalty to the basketball PROGRAM. There is no way to penalize a program that is meaningful without it being a future penalty. And by definition that means some guys will suffer who were not involved in the illegal activity. It was a dumb argument when it applied to UConn. It remains a dumb argument when used by Louisville.

Uh, the guys at UCONN who were punished didn't have anything to do with it.

And most people are saying it for Louisville vis a vis the two 5th year transfers.

Reaction Score
Uh, the guys at UCONN who were punished didn't have anything to do with it.

And most people are saying it for Louisville vis a vis the two 5th year transfers.
Then you don't think you should penalize any program except by taking away past wins. That's what you are saying. If the NCAA adds penalties onto UL those will likely be on future teams. But you oppose that, right? If UNC gets nailed it should only vacate past wins since you can't punish guys who had nothing to do with the phony classes.

As Far as the 5th year seniors go, it's a tough break but at least 4-5 members of the team were likely involved in scummy activity. To say nothing of the coaches. They are collateral damage I guess but this team deserves what it got and more.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Then you don't think you should penalize any program except by taking away past wins. That's what you are saying. If the NCAA adds penalties onto UL those will likely be on future teams. But you oppose that, right? If UNC gets nailed it should only vacate past wins since you can't punish guys who had nothing to do with the phony classes.

As Far as the 5th year seniors go, it's a tough break but at least 4-5 members of the team were likely involved in scummy activity. To say nothing of the coaches. They are collateral damage I guess but this team deserves what it got and more.

Future teams, I'm OK with. But not current (this is in general, not specific to Louisville), as kids who may have nothing to do with it are trapped with no recourse. All recruits and current players should be able to leave with no transfer penalty, unless of course, they were proven to be directly involved.

Ban a coach for a meaningful portion of games, 15 or something (conference too). Penalize a school with 25 million fine, or something ridiculous, which might make them extremely vigilant. Contract voiding possibilities of coaches, etc. Just throwing stuff out there.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Future teams, I'm OK with. But not current (this is in general, not specific to Louisville), as kids who may have nothing to do with it are trapped with no recourse. All recruits and current players should be able to leave with no transfer penalty, unless of course, they were proven to be directly involved.

Ban a coach for a meaningful portion of games, 15 or something (conference too). Penalize a school with 25 million fine, or something ridiculous, which might make them extremely vigilant. Contract voiding possibilities of coaches, etc. Just throwing stuff out there.
Forfeit any games in which ineligible players played as well and I'm in agreement.

#lookingatyouSyracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak