OT: Louisville presser at 1:30 today | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: Louisville presser at 1:30 today

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Dakich really is a dick. I hate watching games he does. Even my 14 year old says the other day, "Dad, Dan Dakich is really annoying." Kids are free to transfer and they were just taking advantage of a rule the NCAA is responsible for. So Dakich's problem should be with the NCAA, not Lee and Lewis.

Have to feel for Lee and Lewis. Louisville isn't done with just one post season ban. Because this was a recruiting violation they're looking at some stiff (pun intended!) recruiting sanctions.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...hly-punishes-seniors-with-late-postseason-ban

Those two fifth-year players graduated last Spring, from Cleveland State and Drexel, and had lots of great opportunities presented to them. Lewis could've gone to Xavier or Ohio State while Lee could've gone to Maryland, Gonzaga or Arizona, just to name a few. Instead, they both picked Louisville, and coach Rick Pitino recalled why Friday.

"They told me, 'Coach we've never experienced the NCAA Tournament. We just want to experience it one time,'" Pitino said. "Now Damion and Trey have nothing to look forward to. They were hit over the head with a sledgehammer."
They can always dedicate themselves to their grad school studies.

Reaction Score
I'm under the impression that the NCAA is the one driving these self imposed bans. Takes them off the hook for being the bad guy. They are probably back room dealing saying fall on your sword or we'll murder you and your family.

"...or we'll murder you and your family." Translation "We'll treat you like UConn"

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Never mention the Patriots.

I'm convinced the fan base is a mutant strain of Red Sox fan that has gone horribly, horribly wrong.

It's like making noise in The Walking Dead...post about them and the zombies will come your way.

It's like Boston Brahmin arrogance combined with Southie cluelessness and stubbornness, with a Tea Party paranoia overlay.

Bet they all drive like Mass-holes, too.

Reaction Score
No drugs
No stealing
No guns

I can just picture incoming frosh feverishly scrawling that down.

caw

Reaction Score
This ESPN piece says the self imposed ban means the toughest sanctions are still to come. Lets hope.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...-self-imposed-postseason-ban-means-worst-come

Hmm, I agree more sanctions are very likely but I doubt they will be tougher than the post season ban. I guess it depends on two things: 1) do they vacate a title? 2) do you consider that worse than a postseason ban? Expect at least what Cuse got. The NCAA probably wouldn't force scholarship reductions until 17 class because UL is at 13 for next year.

Reaction Score
No drugs
No stealing
No guns

I can just picture incoming frosh feverishly scrawling that down.
Or telling the academic tutors who do thier schoolwork to write it down.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Guess they should have made a poster for the basketball team too....

louisville-core-values-no-guns-drugs-570x760.jpg

If this is an actual mural - I am speechless
You actually have to put this up for college aged kids?
What is this world coming to?
Thug U

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If Louisville wins a championship next year they can have one of their player address the crowd with a take on Bazz's speach. "Listen up. Listen up everyone. This is what happens when we ban ourselves!"
PeeCee - take a hint!!!!!

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
How's that decision to take Louisville over UCONN workin' out for your ACC, Mr. Swofford?

Reaction Score
How's that decision to take Louisville over UCONN workin' out for your ACC, Mr. Swofford?

Mr. Swofford likely doesn't remember making this deal after touring Louisville after the discussion. When my company picked Louisville to open a new office (over Des Moines [ok] and Denver [wtf?!]), the executives who attended the city's pitch were hung over for days. One actually showed me a few pictures from her cell and the flights of bourbon that they took down was impressive.

Reaction Score
So how many ACC teams are going to be under sanctions at the same time? Maybe they were just trying to compete with the SEC.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
In an attempt to stabilize this situation, Pitino will announce tomorrow that Johnny Manziel is being hired as the new men's BB Recruiting Coordinator at Louisville, since he's about to be released by the Browns and he's looking for a new gig.

Reaction Score
If this is an actual mural - I am speechless
You actually have to put this up for college aged kids?
What is this world coming to?
Thug U

I once heard Barry Switzer on the radio talking about his days at Oklahoma. He was saying that they used to talk to their kids all of the time about what they could and couldn't do under NCAA guidelines. He then followed up by saying that "I just never imagined that I would actually have to tell kids that it was wrong to shoot someone or to beat your girlfriend. It just seemed like you should know that already."

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I once heard Barry Switzer on the radio talking about his days at Oklahoma. He was saying that they used to talk to their kids all of the time about what they could and couldn't do under NCAA guidelines. He then followed up by saying that "I just never imagined that I would actually have to tell kids that it was wrong to shoot someone or to beat your girlfriend. It just seemed like you should know that already."
I think Charlie Strong put up that sign, it's real.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

That's a great quote.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Doesn't BC ban themselves every year?
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
I believe Syracuse did this, at least for this year. Those bastards will do anything to hurt our RPI.

Reaction Score
That's a great quote.

I think it was on the Dan Lebetard show so it may be on the internet somewhere. No matter what you might think about Switzer, or certain college programs or whatever, he's a fun interview to listen to.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Damion Lee and Trey Lewis for their choice of transfer. Guess it didn't work it though - i hope they both at least were able to enjoy a BJ or two while visiting.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Damion Lee and Trey Lewis for their choice of transfer. Guess it didn't work it though - i hope they both at least were able to enjoy a BJ or two while visiting.

Mau delivering mauisms!

Reaction Score
This is only going to get worse for UL. A self imposed ban is the equivalent of admitting the allegations are true. A school does not do that unless they know they are screwed.

The NCAA investigation will continue and the NCAA is notoriously slow. To make matters worse, by imposing a ban, UL has limited its ability to publicly respond to the allegations. The NCAA penalty is never as bad as the unknowing nature of the investigation. Look at Miami and their recent issues. The end result was not so bad but it took the NCAA 4 years to render a judgment and it killed them in recruiting and perception.

If you a big time recruit are you going to go to sign with UL if you may not be able to go the tournament? Until the NCAA investigation is completed there is a cloud over the UL program and the self imposed ban shows the cloud is legitimate.

http://www.courier-journal.com/stor.../79878760/?from=global&sessionKey=&autologin=

Reaction Score
It's like Boston Brahmin arrogance combined with Southie cluelessness and stubbornness, with a Tea Party paranoia overlay.

Bet they all drive like Mass-holes, too.

God this was a perfect description for anyone familiar with Brahmin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom