OT: Louisville presser at 1:30 today | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Louisville presser at 1:30 today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
So this is the thing to do now? Forget the current players, who have no chance to transfer out, but preserve the greater glory of the coach, university and incoming recruiting classes?
College sports makes you sick in about a thousand different ways, so it's nice to have a cool new stomach-churner.

caw

Reaction Score
Just thought of something funny. If UL does as expected and self imposes then a bubble team like LSU could get in. LSU has Antonio Blackney on the team. He is supposedly one of five recruits to talk to the NCAA and basically say UL paid strippers. He likely won't be punished. BC he didn't go to UL, Trey Lewis did. Trey Lewis reportedly hd nothing to do with the strippers. Ohh NCAA I love you.

Don't get me wrong UL should be punished but this is kind of absurd.

Reaction Score
So this is the thing to do now? Forget the current players, who have no chance to transfer out, but preserve the greater glory of the coach, university and incoming recruiting classes?
College sports makes you sick in about a thousand different ways, so it's nice to have a cool new stomach-churner.

Credit them for their ingenuity. They learned from our example. They saw how having a ban hanging over our head for multiple years nearly crippled our program, with damage still reverberating several years down the line.

It's much safer for the long-term health of the program to take the current-year ban, which has no repercussions beyond the next 2 months.

I don't blame Louisville, or Syracuse for that matter. The criminality lies in the NCAA for promoting the double-standard.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Screw Louisville. They decided to set up a home and home with Memphis rather that us because "Josh asked first." Wish them nothing but the worst.

Reaction Score
Wow I absolutely hate Louisville but that is so unfair to Lee and Lewis. Unbelievable. Those two were looking to make the NCAA tourney for the first time.

Reaction Score
That is the only difference. But, like Syracuse, it will only affect them for a fraction of one season.

We're now going on 4 years of impact from the NCAA's vendetta against us and JC.
Syracuse is still gonna have problems with recruiting down the road. I mean, they had Thomas Bryant all but officially committed when the sanctions were announced, and he ended up going to Indiana. He would be a major difference maker for Syracuse this year. Their 2017 & 2018 classes will be pretty mediocre if I had to guess.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Sucks for those two transfers who've been killing it for a overachieving L'ville, smh should be a 2017 ban. NCAA needs to do something about this loophole.
I'm under the impression that the NCAA is the one driving these self imposed bans. Takes them off the hook for being the bad guy. They are probably back room dealing saying fall on your sword or we'll murder you and your family.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
The NoEscalators twitter feed is hot fire right now. Check it out if you haven't already.

Reaction Score
Sucks for those two transfers who've been killing it for a overachieving L'ville, smh should be a 2017 ban. NCAA needs to do something about this loophole.

Just because its self imposed doesn't mean the ncaa can't add to it, just saying

Last edited:
Reaction Score
And it's a self imposed ban! At least it wasn't like Cuse when they weren't gonna make it anyway.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Kentucky has some really shady basketball programs, eh?
What went down there goes down all over the country. Jalen Rose said, "if there's not strippers, I'm not coming for my visit". If Shaq's pulling 6 figures to go to LSU back in the early 90s you don't think that's exponentially worse today? I wonder what Simmons got. After what we went through, I'm surprised anyone can hold the position that the schools who get punished, even by themselves to escape the spinning shotgun of the NCAA, are the only guilty parties and not just the latest victims of selective enforcement. (I know this story doesnt break without the madam author).

Reaction Score
I wonder when the UNC press conference will take place....
45754850.jpg

Reaction Score
What went down there goes down all over the country. Jalen Rose said, "if there's not strippers, I'm not coming for my visit". If Shaq's pulling 6 figures to go to LSU back in the early 90s you don't think that's exponentially worse today? I wonder what Simmons got. After what we went through, I'm surprised anyone can hold the position that the schools who get punished, even by themselves to escape the spinning shotgun of the NCAA, are the only guilty parties and not just the latest victims of selective enforcement. (I know this story doesnt break without the madam author).

The difference being, coaches don't procure the strippers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom