Official "REINSTATE MIKE FOLEY AS OL COACH IMMEDIATELY" Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Official "REINSTATE MIKE FOLEY AS OL COACH IMMEDIATELY" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
FCF - do you watch the debates (not a political question) - do you believe everything they say?

If PP told you that Super Duper Weenie made the worse hot dog in America would you stop going just because PP said so?

Has any Head Coach in America really said what they want to say?

Don't risk an aneurysm over sound bites.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

I think he's getting an aneurysm because he can't UNDERSTAND the soundbite!! It's not really English...

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
FCF - do you watch the debates (not a political question) - do you believe everything they say?

If PP told you that Super Duper Weenie made the worse hot dog in America would you stop going just because PP said so?

Has any Head Coach in America really said what they want to say?

Medic, look at the sound bites I responded to (as well as the responses). These weren't merely stretches of truth, these were statements that should make you wonder how connected to his job Pasqualoni really is. Please explain "We’ve gotten behind, been in a situation two weeks in a row now where we felt like we had to throw the ball to get back into the game". Better still, please explain the final two statements I posted. Afterwards, explain what the hell the Super Duper Weenie comment means. The only thing I can guess (based on your stance over the past 24+ hours) is that defending PP (even evidently his culinary choices) is quite an important part of your life.

Reaction Score
I think he's getting an aneurysm because he can't UNDERSTAND the soundbite!! It's not really English...

Ever listen to Lou Holts @ length? Old skool coach speak.

555572_168188906649244_4698094_n.jpg

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I have never much cared what coaches say since there is so much evidence of
what they actually do. At this point this is a joke - if they don't rectify this situation in December a lot us are going to need to make a tough decision. Can we continue to support this mess? They could seriously go like 1-11 next year if they bring this staff back.

Please don't let this clown kill this program.

Reaction Score
"getting surprised at the point of attack where there are some un-scouted looks coming into it which you have to adjust to on the sideline and I understand that all is a part of it" Who wee this statement makes me really cringe. They weren't doing what we thought they were going to do so we got caught. Time to take away the keys.

Reaction Score
Medic, look at the sound bites I responded to (as well as the responses). These weren't merely stretches of truth, these were statements that should make you wonder how connected to his job Pasqualoni really is. Please explain "We’ve gotten behind, been in a situation two weeks in a row now where we felt like we had to throw the ball to get back into the game". Better still, please explain the final two statements I posted. Afterwards, explain what the hell the Super Duper Weenie comment means. The only thing I can guess (based on your stance over the past 24+ hours) is that defending PP (even evidently his culinary choices) is quite an important part of your life.

Nope.. wrong. I read them and let them go. I don't get spun up to the high heavens over things I can't control. Do you really think he is trying to get you to understand his world. This is a sport, it is is not life or death. The season stinks, the team stinks, the coaching stinks - it really doesn't matter to me why it stinks or who's fault it is. I use college football and other sports as an escape. You want to see life and death and decison that impact life and death - come spend time with me. The drama, hyperbole, and bravado is way over the top. This is suppose to be fun. I promise myself each time I sign on that I will just let some comments go and move onto the next thread but my Type A personality doesn't let me. It's kinda of like you folks who need to slow down and look at a car wreck and then are somewhat disappointed when there is no carnage. You just can't help yourself doing it - even though most would puke if you saw something.

For clarity, I am a 13 year season ticket holder, been to all Bowl Games, travel to at least one away game a year (Morgantown only BE stadium I haven't been to and can you blame me). I'm am not a college sport or team sport neophyte. I liked Randy (don't like the way he left) but still find it fun to poke at him since he left. I think PP is a good leader of a program but I think his OC sucks and a change has to be made sooner than later. I think putting ALL the blame on the coaches is disengenuous (this is usually where i get in trouble) but can see the side/flip argument that the Coach is the "CEO" and the ultimate buck should stop with him. I get twisted when folks says you can't blame the kids and the coaches put them in a position to fail but often the same people see no reason not to blame and MF the kid who airballs a game winning three or strikes out with the bases loaded. I have my opinions - you and other have theirs. It doesn't have to be hand to hand combat over every opinion.

... and you live Fairfield County and have never been to Super Duper Weenie in Fairfield - shame on you.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I used to live right by Super Duper. The other place is better. Rawley's (sp?). It's been like 10 years.

I agree there are plenty of players who share some blame. For example, while the blocking scheme changes on the offensive line have been a negative - the offensive line also lacks talent.

I like Whitmer and think he has potential - but he makes some terrible decisions.

The staff can't seem to motivate - but we saw how fired up they were for Maryland so clearly the players have the ability to generate their own motivation.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
2am on the west coast and I'm posting like HFD bump

Reaction Score

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Never been to Super Duper Weenie, never even heard of it until now.
in his
I've heard Lou Holtz speak numeropus times and once you get through the lisp and the slobbering his words do make sense and normally mean something. Reading a transcript (and not needing to sort through the obstacles of his speech), similar to we were able to do with P's comments, ad there would be nothing to ve concerned with.

I've heard many Yogi-isms and with most of them, after some analysis you can see what he was attempting to say and realize thaat there was a good amount of logic and truth in those statements.

What P stated 9in the two passages where I responded 'Huh?', can only be compared to Casey Stengel, very late in his Yankee career when he would nod out in the dugout during the game and when a decision needed to be made, would be woken by one of the players, ask Yogi what the situation was and then (depending on how much of what Yogi said sunk in) either make a decision or ask Yogi what he would do (and then do that).

I've heard coach speak for decades. If either of the two passages in question were attempts at coach speak (talking in a circle to say nothing while answering a question he doesn't want to answer), they were coach speak from someone with no background in the subject matter and little experience in fielding questions. I find it alarming that he couldn't get around what he was attempting to get around without sounding like a buffoon. He's been doing this for too long.

I also realize that it is quite possible for a competent person to misspeak on occasion. I do find the comments on Gifford and the two weeks on a row getting behind to be cause for concern however as either the former was a very blatant misstatement (and Gifford has been taking second unit reps, when fully healthy for the time he has been the #2 LT) which for a head coach is not much different from a department manager not remembering which of his employees has what responsibilities or we are running our practices differently than what has been the standard for more than half a century (in and of itself not necessarily an issue but the results do speak volumes of the effectiveness) employed by basically every successful college football program. The Temple statement however is just mind-boggling on how he can be so clueless on what happened a week earlier. If a head coach doesn't know this, I don't know what to say.

Reaction Score
A sure sign this coaching staff is not all that bright is they prepared more for the run than for the pass the week before the WMU game. More than just a little too.

Are you kidding me?

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
The "I'm watching Will Beatty play on Sundays right now" bump

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Never been to Super Duper Weenie, never even heard of it until now.
in his
I've heard Lou Holtz speak numeropus times and once you get through the lisp and the slobbering his words do make sense and normally mean something. Reading a transcript (and not needing to sort through the obstacles of his speech), similar to we were able to do with P's comments, ad there would be nothing to ve concerned with.

I've heard many Yogi-isms and with most of them, after some analysis you can see what he was attempting to say and realize thaat there was a good amount of logic and truth in those statements.

What P stated 9in the two passages where I responded 'Huh?', can only be compared to Casey Stengel, very late in his Yankee career when he would nod out in the dugout during the game and when a decision needed to be made, would be woken by one of the players, ask Yogi what the situation was and then (depending on how much of what Yogi said sunk in) either make a decision or ask Yogi what he would do (and then do that).

I've heard coach speak for decades. If either of the two passages in question were attempts at coach speak (talking in a circle to say nothing while answering a question he doesn't want to answer), they were coach speak from someone with no background in the subject matter and little experience in fielding questions. I find it alarming that he couldn't get around what he was attempting to get around without sounding like a buffoon. He's been doing this for too long.

I also realize that it is quite possible for a competent person to misspeak on occasion. I do find the comments on Gifford and the two weeks on a row getting behind to be cause for concern however as either the former was a very blatant misstatement (and Gifford has been taking second unit reps, when fully healthy for the time he has been the #2 LT) which for a head coach is not much different from a department manager not remembering which of his employees has what responsibilities or we are running our practices differently than what has been the standard for more than half a century (in and of itself not necessarily an issue but the results do speak volumes of the effectiveness) employed by basically every successful college football program. The Temple statement however is just mind-boggling on how he can be so clueless on what happened a week earlier. If a head coach doesn't know this, I don't know what to say.

i only read the first line. super is a great spot for a dog! went there like once a week for lunch back in hs.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The "To Be Fair, At Least The Center Snaps Are Still Great" bump.

Reaction Score
With Foley it was simple. Dominate, dominate then dominate some more. By the 4th quarter the defensive line of the other team was beat.

With that said because we were a run oriented team it was easier.

By the way. Could someone tell DeLeone it's legal to throw a middle screen to help slow down the pass rush. Maybe teach the WR's to break off their routes early when the blitz is on?

Simple stuff right?

I agree! And that wildcat that sucks balls this year was working just fine with Foley coaching the line last year! I don't understand why he was demoted... Smh :mad:

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
I honestly can't believe this STILL needs to be said. BUMP

Reaction Score
I honestly can't believe this still gets bumped. Foley isn't going to fix this mess, idiots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom