Official "REINSTATE MIKE FOLEY AS OL COACH IMMEDIATELY" Thread | The Boneyard

Official "REINSTATE MIKE FOLEY AS OL COACH IMMEDIATELY" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There were about 3 of us ticked off at his demotion in the offseason. Wonder how people feel now. I was told it wasn't a demotion, DeLeone would be a better teacher. . . etc. Hogwash.

Reaction Score
If you're not counting me in your original 3.....make it 4.

People were getting on my case when I said it was a slap in his face. And that he would leave after the year. Deleone has a certain type of lineman he likes and he is the best one to coach them. Seems to be working out well so far.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I thought it was insane as well - but they claim it's a scheme that has a long term payoff. This team won more games than people expected for a decade because the offensive line was underrated. The juice better be worth the squeeze.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I was one of those that was "on the fence"......I have jumped the fence.....

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I don't understand it. UConn consistently has one of the best offensive lines in the Big East for years and they decide to change the coach that was behind taking a lot of low rated or unrated recruits from his position?

What the hell?

Reaction Score
People were getting on my case when I said it was a slap in his face. And that he would leave after the year. Deleone has a certain type of lineman he likes and he is the best one to coach them. Seems to be working out well so far.

That would be Carl what's his name. I actually thought about that very discussion during the game.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I want to see guard-pull after beautiful guard-pull!!! I want to see our 300 pound dudes smack the other team's 280 pound dudes in the mouth!! I want to watch the Red Sea part again for our running backs the way they always used to!!! I want "4 yards and a cloud of dust" fooball!!!

Bring back Moses....I mean, Foley....

Reaction Score
I don't understand it. UConn consistently has one of the best offensive lines in the Big East for years and they decide to change the coach that was behind taking a lot of low rated or unrated recruits from his position?

What the hell?
What's not to understand?! Foley only could lay claim to having coached at Colgate. DeLeone "could wallpaper his house with the offensive plays he knows." Case closed.:mad:

Reaction Score
That would be Carl what's his name. I actually thought about that very discussion during the game.

Frustrating. Foley is one of the greatest O Line coaches in the nation. Watching O Lineman come into the program and progress under his tutelage was fun to watch. To see him demoted (and can we finally admit it was a demotion?), was so disappointing to me. I can't see any way he remains with the program after this year. Some team is going to be very lucky to get him.

Reaction Score
Frustrating. Foley is one of the greatest O Line coaches in the nation. Watching O Lineman come into the program and progress under his tutelage was fun to watch. To see him demoted (and can we finally admit it was a demotion?), was so disappointing to me. I can't see any way he remains with the program after this year. Some team is going to be very lucky to get him.
Exactly. I think the PP hire was fine given the "big picture" that didn't necessarily include a lot of clear-cut positives for recruiting a high level coach, but his loyalty to DeLeone is clearly hurting the team.

Reaction Score
Agree with this thread, I do.
Please change your syntax. Yoda is kind of a hero of mine, and your Yoda-like statement is making a negative association for me between one of my heroes and DeLeone.;)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If I wasn't so lazy, I'd dig up the threads where I was an for pointing out how bad the offensive line was in the spring.

Reaction Score
Is George Deleone even allowed to go to the bathroom unsupervised? Good grief.

Reaction Score
Give them one more week(3 defines a trend) but it may be that the collective strength, speed and talent is just simply not there.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Give them one more week(3 defines a trend) but it may be that the collective strength, speed and talent is just simply not there.

You want to see that kind of play against Randy?

I don't.

It's a simple move. Nobody gets fired. You go back to everyone focusing on their strengths. Foley is an exceptional OL coach. He should be the OL coach. He's arguably the best position coach UConn has ever had (maybe Terry Richardson).

Let the man coach the damn line. Nobody does it better.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
the move was to 'assist' the OL learn the intricate zone blocking needed to run the ball.

is a stellar success, really.

damn, where is that sarcasm font.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member