Official "REINSTATE MIKE FOLEY AS OL COACH IMMEDIATELY" Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Official "REINSTATE MIKE FOLEY AS OL COACH IMMEDIATELY" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Just liked jrazz's avatar PiC bump

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
What are some things that score more often than GDL's offense?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I haven't been able to type a message since that....event....last night, but here it is; that was the worst performance of an offensive line and a defensive unit that I have seen at UConn in a great many years. Our defense made Syracuse look like the 90's Cowboys, and the OLine made Syracuse look like the '86 Bears. That OLine....that miserable OLine....

Bump.

Reaction Score
Whitmer had less than a second to make a decision. Watch the replay on it. Yes, the fumble was bad. But the blitz sent several Fruit through our swiss cheese OL untouched. It's tough to make a heady play (ie - get rid of the ball to your hot read like Whitmer was trying to do) in less than 1 second.
This was about the TEMPLE 4th quarter fumble.

Reaction Score
I was greatly encouraged when Mike Foley was retained when PP was hired ... Far more than the others.

I was disturbed at what I've seen. The OLine was clearly far better coached with Foley before PP.

It's NOT a talent issue. Hate any words coming out saying that. We had a very successful formula ... You fecundity changed it.

Reaction Score
Bingo. Everyone knew UCONN was running the ball last year. 8 men in the box? Try all 11 defenders were cheating run. And we still ran effectively. Pass blocking was a work in progress. Not nearly as bad as the sacks would make you think as McEntee was horrible in the pocket. Happy feet, when he could have just stepped into the pocket.

There was no reason Foley should have been removed. None. It was a ridiculously stupid move.

This is about George DeLeone's EGO. And we now know he was hugely unsuccessful at bothe Temple & Mississippi State. Pasqualoni's crony move killed the one thing that was working.

Reaction Score
I was greatly encouraged when Mike Foley was retained when PP was hired ... Far more than the others.

I was disturbed at what I've seen. The OLine was clearly far better coached with Foley before PP.

It's NOT a talent issue. Hate any words coming out saying that. We had a very successful formula ... You fecundity changed it.

I still don't get why the change in responsibility (rhetorical) but c'mon.. losing Mo and Mike had a huge impact. Just like losing Joseph and Jennings on D does

You can hate me Pudge - not looking for a battle tho.

Reaction Score
The answer is right in front of your eyes.

We have good kids playing today (and I feel for them). The system worked - Norries Wilson then to Mike Foley. We developed solid FBS OLine. DeLeone sucks - this OLine is swirling down the toilet with him.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Whitmer just got sacked again, in the cafeteria in McMahon Hall.... bump!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Dez says changes are coming not just in terms of personnel, but "in terms of philosophy":

http://courantblogs.com/uconn-football/uconn-head-coach-paul-pasqualoni-post-syracuse/

Of course, there is only one change that the BY wants to see....bump!
I absolutely will parse PP's words as some of this is alarming

1 - Redshirt freshman tackle Dalton Gifford will start getting reps at tackle
Gifford has been on the two deep as a tackle all season but he has gotten any reps yet?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? WTF?!?!?!?!

2 - We have not been able to run the ball, especially in the past two weeks which is frustrating for us. We’ve gotten behind, been in a situation two weeks in a row now where we felt like we had to throw the ball to get back into the game
Unless something happened during the Temple game that I completely missed the only time we were behind in that game was when the kicked the game winning field goal in OT. How the F$%& does the head coach believe we were behind in that game?

3 - So the things we’re going to work on and have to improve on as we move forward but we also have to improve on as we move forward but we also have to try to establish some sort of run and the runs that we feel, the run concepts that we feel we would be the best at to try to narrow those down and do a good job with what we decide to do in an effort to take a little pressure off being in protection every single play when people know you have to throw it and they’re coming after you and putting the quarterback in a situation where he’s got to make every single play.
Huh?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

In the last two weeks people have really, really have brought multiple pressures and are pressuring against the run as well as the pass, a lot of extra people in there. It makes it hard when there’s slanting and moving up front and linebackers being added into these pressures to get the blocks finished and it’s usually not getting a guy cut of, we’re not staying on a guy quite long enough or getting surprised at the point of attack where there’s some un-scouted looks coming into it which you have to adjust to on the sideline and I understand that’s all a part of it and I think our kids do a good job. I think the staff does a good job of getting them on the sideline and getting a good look and a good understanding of exactly what we are seeing but at the same time it’s a challenge to get all that done under the circumstances.
Again, Huh?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I'm beginning to believe that senility has set in. Our (listed) backup LT is now going to finally begin getting reps (with one third of the season left), he thinks we 'got behind' in a game where the opponent did not tie us until the last minute of regulation, he made two statements about the same thing yet for the most part saying nothing in a manner that would have made Casey Stengel proud but in the process admitted that when the defense loads the box it is hard to block everyone. No s#it Sherlock. This is why teams run plays to take advantage of a loaded box such as quick slants or screens and on occasion moves the pocket or runs a misdirection.

Reaction Score
Unbelievable. PP said that change of philosophy was to back to running the ball.

If you noticed the last 2 weeks we were passing more on first down. That didn't work so let's go back to run, run, pass, punt.

Read that and tell me he doesn't sound like a politician.

Didn't know about the Sio Moore and trainer fracus. (doctor or trainer?)

Sounds like a desperate clueless old man.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Every part that you typed, "huh???", I had to read at least three times in a row. I still didn't get what PP was trying to say, so I gave up. It was like reading a tale told by an idiot, with both sound and fury, signifying nothing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom