Lynx vs Sparks... Predictions! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Lynx vs Sparks... Predictions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Rene has played 14 min in 2 games, 3 Asst, 3 TO and zero pts.
I have not watched the games.
Is she injured?
Or is she overwhelmed?

Reaction Score
I noticed that myself. She has, for the first two games, dropped in the guard rotation. It has been a physical series so far. Maybe her replacement, forgot her name, plays more physical than Renee, or better defense. The lynx did not need her offense last night. I was impressed with the defense played by the Lynx. Brunson worked hard against Parker.

Reaction Score
Candace did kind of "disappear," but she has been quoted as saying that she's never at her best when asked to play on Kol Nidre night. She should reappear for Game 3!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Cheryl must have seen something she doesn't like from Renee, as Anna Cruz has moved ahead of her for PT.

Reaction Score
After three games, what are your predictions for the last two?

Before game 1, I thought Lynx in three. Now, I think maybe Sparks in four.

Anyone think the Lynx will pull it out?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
After three games, what are your predictions for the last two?

Before game 1, I thought Lynx in three. Now, I think maybe Sparks in four.

Anyone think the Lynx will pull it out?

Hey Magy, welcome to my world. That's what I predicted earlier this week, the Sparks in 4. Right now, I'm looking pretty good. Especially if the Lynx start the game slow, and stink it up tomorrow like they did last night.
Somehow, I don't think that will happen. They are a talented and well coached veteran team They will not go down easy. Maya can not have another game like she did last night. They boxed her up like a Christmas gift. I expect the Lynx to come out and jump on the Sparks quickly, and pressure them the entire game. This is do or die for the Lynx, who seen to play their best basketball when their backs are to the wall.

The Sparks can put them out of their misery Sunday. Playing game 4 at home in front of a very partisan and raucous crowd will be the last best chance they have of winning this thing. It's not going to be easy. The Sparks DO NOT want to go back to Minneapolis for a game 5. The Lynx will go back home to Minneapolis after the game. The question is, will they be dragging the Sparks back with them? We'll see who wants this game the most. IF the Lynx can force a game 5, I think they'll win it. Go Sparks.

Reaction Score
If Parker and Ogwumike dominate the paint like they did in game 3 and the Sparks takes out the head of the snake MM, then the Lynx are done and done!!! Here hoping there will be a game 5 for an exciting series!!!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The Lynx need Sylvia and Rebekkah to play big.

Minnesota is not dead, but their road is tough. They are a proud bunch, and Cheryl will push them.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
The Lynx look better on paper but the Sparks are so cohesive out there when shots fall and Parker/Ogwumike get involved. Sparks were #1 in the league this year in Fg%, 3PT% and assists. Parker/Ogwumike average a combined 8 assists per game. If they keep up the high energy and can knock down shots, it'll be a long night for the Lynx. I think it'll be a tightly contested game but we'll see the Sparks come out on top. They showed a lot of toughness in game 1 and game 3, and they've been playing with a chip on their shoulder all year.

Carnac

Reaction Score
The Lynx need Sylvia and Rebekkah to play big.

Minnesota is not dead, but their road is tough. They are a proud bunch, and Cheryl will push them.

The Lynx are not by any means done.........................however, the fat lady is just down the hall, clearing her throat as she draws closer. :D

Reaction Score
20 minutes until tip off. Just realized it's going to be about a month until there is another basketball game I'll be looking forward to watching.

Reaction Score
Looks like the officials have decided they want to get Parker a title tonight.

Reaction Score
A good game. Lynx needs defense. If it is not Maya Lynx will lose big tonight.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Rebecca predicted 5 games and each team winning a game on the road. Good calls!

Carnac

Reaction Score
I was wrong. So I'm here to face the music, and take my medicine. I expected the Lynx to bounce back with one of their best efforts of the season, they did. They're a veteran team with a championship pedigree. They know what it takes to win a chip. As I stated earlier, the Lynx were leaving Los Angeles right after the game. The question was would they be dragging the Sparks back with them? We now know the answer to that question.

I thought the Sparks could close them out at home. They had lots of chances to do so. Too much Maya, too little Candace. I also predicted that if the Sparks lost game 4, they would lose game 5 as well. We'll see. Pardon me now, I've got to eat a piece of "humble pie" I've just been served. Like revenge, it's cold. :(

Last edited:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
It was a pretty weird game tonight. Minnesota thoroughly outplayed LA all night, but LA was able to hang in there pretty much thanks to Toliver/Gray scoring from deep. Parker and Nneka were no shows, a combined 25 points and 11 boards after each having 24/9 last game. Moore and Minnesota's relentless rebounding was the difference tonight. There were a couple of times where LA cut it to two, and Moore had the answer to create some separation again.

The ending was truly weird. LA claws back to within 2 and just got a defensive stop, and then Toliver hurls up an awful shot that doesn't catch rim and Minnesota gets the ball back. Same scenario next time down, Parker gets stripped. Absolutely horrible job by the refs down the stretch missing the 8 second violation and then calling Parker for a foul on what was a clean block. That put Minny at the line to extend the lead to 4 with under 15 ticks to go. Tough way to lose, but LA really had no business having a chance to win with how poorly they played most of the night.

Game 5 should be interesting. Parker and Moore have seemed to trade off having bad nights, so it would appear that Parker is due for a big game and Moore due for a down game, but obviously I wouldn't expect that to happen. LA needs to attack the basket and get better ball movement. It all starts with Parker and Nneka getting touches in good spots. Their teammates have to look for them inside, and they have to work hard on every play to get in good spots on the floor. Candace can't become a jump shooter and she needs to box out. I couldn't believe how much harder Fowles was working inside tonight than Candace was. I think when both teams are at there best, LA is the better team due to their ball movement and ability to beat you in a number of ways. When they play well, they're the more cohesive team on the court--but they are inconsistent. For Minnesota, they just need a balanced attack and to take/make good shots. They did a good job of that tonight and will need to keep it up if they will come out on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom