Lynx vs Sparks... Predictions! | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Lynx vs Sparks... Predictions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yea, even after the blown call Lynx still had a chance to seal the deal. Brunson and Fowles boxed out Parker while Nneka stood untouched next to Moore. It looked like Fowles thought Moore was going to come over and help contest Nneka's final shot and when she didn't she was too late rotating over.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
Her coach and teammates said that Candace is misunderstood. From the outside looking in, I think she is a good player pretty much all the time and a great player when she wants to be. (That's also what Geno said in London.) The inconsistent effort and lax defense were the compelling reasons that many BYers noted for her non selection for Rio. When she shores those up and plays smart, she's as good as anyone. Candace has become a very good passer, especially in the past 2 seasons.

The inconsistent effort argument just doesn't hold water. You don't lead the league in efficiency year after year after year and not play the game with very high effort. As far as passing, she's always been a great passer, but until Agler, she's never had a coach that knew how to put her in a position to utilize all of her talents. She's a point forward, not a power forward and not a center. She must be in a position to make plays with the ball in her hand more often than not in order to maximize her talent. When she has the ball, she knows what to do with it. She has one of the highest bball IQ's in the league.

Last, all players take stretches during the game to rest. Maya went about 14 or 15 minutes without scoring last night. Maya, like all players, can't be expected to play 40 minutes at a peak level. She, like Candace and like every other great player, needs moments throughout the game for their teammates to step up and take over. Candace has not had that luxury of having great teammates to take over for stretches, so when LA goes cold, all eyes go to Candace. There's too much talent in the league for one player to do it alone. The star player needs to be able to take over at the right moments, not every moment.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The inconsistent effort argument just doesn't hold water. You don't lead the league in efficiency year after year after year and not play the game with very high effort. As far as passing, she's always been a great passer, but until Agler, she's never had a coach that knew how to put her in a position to utilize all of her talents. She's a point forward, not a power forward and not a center. She must be in a position to make plays with the ball in her hand more often than not in order to maximize her talent. When she has the ball, she knows what to do with it. She has one of the highest bball IQ's in the league.

Last, all players take stretches during the game to rest. Maya went about 14 or 15 minutes without scoring last night. Maya, like all players, can't be expected to play 40 minutes at a peak level. She, like Candace and like every other great player, needs moments throughout the game for their teammates to step up and take over. Candace has not had that luxury of having great teammates to take over for stretches, so when LA goes cold, all eyes go to Candace. There's too much talent in the league for one player to do it alone. The star player needs to be able to take over at the right moments, not every moment.
The inconsistent effort is apparent by watching her. She could be even better than she is.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
All this shade directed towards Mrs. Shelden Williams smh :oops:

Reaction Score
On that series the Sparks were working with a short shot clock because it didn't reset after Beards rebound. That is why the officials did not review it - plain and simple.
I was waiting for someone to call me out on this post but since no one did I suppose I have to do it. I was dealing with a case of the flue the last few days and actually didn't watch the game live. I was sleeping when it occurred and went on line and saw a discussion on the none call. Someone gave that explanation and It sounded reasonable so I just repeated it. Never going to do that again. Just thought I should fess up.

Jmpenn

LVFan; Equitable Visitor
Reaction Score
I was waiting for someone to call me out on this post but since no one did I suppose I have to do it. I was dealing with a case of the flue the last few days and actually didn't watch the game live. I was sleeping when it occurred and went on line and saw a discussion on the none call. Someone gave that explanation and It sounded reasonable so I just repeated it. Never going to do that again. Just thought I should fess up.
You were correct that it was an offensive rebounds. It was actually a pretty new rule in 2015 that after an offensive rebound the shot clock goes to 14 and doesn't start back at 24. I saw several people think the same and I had to look up the rule because I wasn't sure either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom