Lynx vs Sparks... Predictions! | The Boneyard

Lynx vs Sparks... Predictions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maya will do everything same as the Olympics. She is a coaches dream. Does exactly what coach asks. Never gripes about anything. Could be MVP every year if she was selfish like that. Buy it's always about team.

Reaction Score
My nerves will be rooting for a Lynx sweep, my desire to want the game to grow will hope for a tight five game series that comes down to critical possessions in the last five minutes of each game. I want the stars to shine, but none brighter than Maya Moore.

Since an undermanned Chicago team took a game from LA, I will go ahead and predict a Lynx sweep in three close games. I expect Renee to get a lot of playing time covering Tolliver on the perimeter. Unfortunately, Maya is going to have to guard the reigning WNBA MVP; No easy task. If Maya stays out of foul trouble than my prediction should hold. Two quick first quarter fouls in any game gives that particular game to LA. LA is not Phoenix. Brunson and Howard on Parker will make Parker have to work harder to score. Sylvia Fowles will be the difference and could very well garner consecutive Finals MOP Awards; LA just does not have a matchup for her. Chelsea Gray gives cause for concern as does reigning sixth Man of the Year Jantel Lavender. LA, with this core will eventually win a championship; Hopefully not this year.

Reaction Score
The Lynx and Sparks played three times in the regular season, and the visiting team won each game. How often does that happen?

I think Lynx 3-1.

I hope Lindsey Whalen gets series MVP - that way Seimone, Maya, Sylvia, and Lindsey will each have a trophy.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
My nerves will be rooting for a Lynx sweep, my desire to want the game to grow will hope for a tight five game series that comes down to critical possessions in the last five minutes of each game. I want the stars to shine, but none brighter than Maya Moore.

Since an undermanned Chicago team took a game from LA, I will go ahead and predict a Lynx sweep in three close games. I expect Renee to get a lot of playing time covering Tolliver on the perimeter. Unfortunately, Maya is going to have to guard the reigning WNBA MVP; No easy task. If Maya stays out of foul trouble than my prediction should hold. Two quick first quarter fouls in any game gives that particular game to LA. LA is not Phoenix. Brunson and Howard on Parker will make Parker have to work harder to score. Sylvia Fowles will be the difference and could very well garner consecutive Finals MOP Awards; LA just does not have a matchup for her. Chelsea Gray gives cause for concern as does reigning sixth Man of the Year Jantel Lavender. LA, with this core will eventually win a championship; Hopefully not this year.
I think you know that I also want Minnesota to win and Maya to star. I think the lineups will determine match-ups, but I expect to see Maya guarding Carson and Brunson guarding Nneka for much of the game.

Go Lynx!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Alana Beard is an unsung hero of this LA Sparks team. She, Nneka, and Essence Carson are an all-blue-collar trio that emotionally carries this team.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
We usually agree, but not today.

Alana and Chelsea played well. Remind me again where they played their college ball. ;)

A Private school on Tobacco Road...... with a Devilish Mascot........ Wake Forest perhaps ? ;)

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
LA's D and effort surprised the heck out of me.

Reaction Score
What was Maya doing on LA's last possession? Totally lost contact with Alana Beard and was way out position throughout the entire sequence. A last second shot should not be that easy to put up and should not be that uncontested. Minnesota shot better than 50% and still lost. This game is on Maya; Slow start, critical turnover, missed free throw in crunch time.

BTW: It was the close game for which a fan could hope, just not the right outcome for a Minnesota fan.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
What was Maya doing on LA's last possession? Totally lost contact with Alana Beard and was way out position throughout the entire sequence. A last second shot should not be that easy to put up and should not be that uncontested. Minnesota shot better than 50% and still lost. This game is on Maya; Slow start, critical turnover, missed free throw in crunch time.

BTW: It was the close game for which a fan could hope, just not the right outcome for a Minnesota fan.
Maya was doubling on the drive to the basket. She was late closing out, but I think missed the deflection by about 6". As I told VaMike23, I'd take my chances with AB from the corner. I think, though, that Coach Reeve was unhappy about the doubling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom