Lasan Kromah commits to Uconn | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Lasan Kromah commits to Uconn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lol. Im not mr. kromah. I am a dc area hoops enthusiast tho. And i hope you remember me when the season is in full swing

I'm happy because I feel Kromah adds some depth and leadership. Not sure how familiar you are with UConn, but most of us feel we already have one of the top 3 backcourts in the country without him. Our frontline is where we have concerns, and a 5th year big guy transfer would've been welcomed. Either way he's now part of the family and I trust Hobbs on this one.

Reaction Score
That wasn't one class.

We had Ricky and Rash in one class
Rip, Jake, KFree in another
KEA in the next.
Yep, KEA was the next class...your right...my bad...still a sick class (RIP, KFree, Jake)...I'll take that any year (except when we need a PG and/or C)...oh yeah

Reaction Score
He'll be starting no later than midseason. if younlook at gw numbers in offense the leading scorer averaged like 12 it was not a priductive system. fresman point guard he is a great shoiter in a more open running system that uconn plays. very crafty around the rim

Over who? Boatright? Napier? Calhoun?

Reaction Score
I'm fine with this pickup and it makes a lot of sense since we are a little thin at guards especially if we get an injury to one of the starters. This is a guy we could plug into the starting lineup if an injury happened due to his atheletic ability and experience. Not sure people were really expecting us to get a great big man this late in the game. This is college and we have enough big bodies even without EW to make an impact. I'm hoping KF is as good as advertised when it comes to rebounding. Guards are the most important players in the college game and I'm glad we added some much needed quality depth there. He looks a lot more athetic than RJ. RJ could only plow through people while going to his right. That was his whole offensive game. This guy is a lot more dynamic in his moves even if his shot isn't great.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
He's not Johnny Selvie but he's a good add. Confirms Daniel at the 4. Likely see more Olander at the 5 against the cupcake Centers.
I hope this was meant with at least a hint of sarcasm. There is no way one honestly intends to put Selvie in such a position that others should strive to achieve. That's a pretty low bar.

Reaction Score
Did the new GW coach have a "slave master mentality" and/or was a "mumu"?

Just curious.
Nope he just wanted to start a playerhe recruited so he can get more recruits from the dc area which is clearly a top 5 tecruiting hot bed. He promised kromah the starting job this season. read the gw hatchet

Reaction Score
Hey I know this is uconn and you guys have seen the best of the best guards but this kid was being compared to rip by. hobbs at Gw. Hobbs also.stated that kromah is an nba talent. Three people left GW this yeat. two formerproductive starters that were Hobbs recruits.Coincidence nope??? You guys got a steal. And calhoun's spot is in danger especially the fact that he's injured

Reaction Score
Hey I know this is uconn and you guys have seen the best of the best guards but this kid was being compared to rip by. hobbs at Gw. Hobbs also.stated that kromah is an nba talent. Three people left GW this yeat. two formerproductive starters that were Hobbs recruits.Coincidence nope??? You guys got a steal. And calhoun's spot is in danger especially the fact that he's injured
Well I hope you are right and he is as good as advertised but I just don't see OC losing his job. I do think right now OC is better served coming off the bench until he develops a handle and can drive consistently. OC is the perfect instant offense guy that the UCONN bench currently doesn't have.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Calhoun will be ready by the beginning of the season, but championship rings are not given to only the starting five. If Kromah is as good as you say, he will get quality minutes at multiple positions. As I recall, everyone on the team (even the student managers) gets a piece of the Final Four net.

Reaction Score
If Ollie likes this move, then I like this move. Ten toes in.

You really can't say it any better than that. We can sit here and speculate about how talented Kromah is or if he's worth not having another rebounder in Wolf or if we need the depth.

But Ollie saw something and decided our team was better with him than without him, and no offense to any of the posters here, but I have a sneaking suspicion this guy knows a thing or two about talented guards. I heard he may even have played with a couple over the years.

Ten toes in.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the info. At this point it's at least a no lose situation for UConn. Hopefully, according to your info, it becomes a big win for UConn.

Reaction Score
Once "Bazz decided to stay, I thought that Samuel's minutes would go down, now they could go down further. So I have concerns about his development. On the other hand, this could be the extra piece needed because Kromah spent last year coming off the bench adding punch and energy. I've now read articles going back to his High School days and if he is fully recovered from his torn ligament then UConn can have an even more explosive back court. Plus everything that I've read about him factors in his leadership qualities and maturity. Hey, Hobbs loves this kid. Now so do I.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Once "Bazz decided to stay, I thought that Samuel's minutes would go down, now they could go down further. So I have concerns about his development. On the other hand, this could be the extra piece needed because Kromah spent last year coming off the bench adding punch and energy. I've now read articles going back to his High School days and if he is fully recovered from his torn ligament then UConn can have an even more explosive back court. Plus everything that I've read about him factors in his leadership qualities and maturity. Hey, Hobbs loves this kid. Now so do I.
I understand what you are saying, but look at it this way - Samuels seems likely to be a 4 year kid. Having 1 year to grow and develop without pressure, but learning from players like Napier, Boatright, and now Kromah can only help him in the long run. I hope he sees it that way too.

Reaction Score
That was on the verge of becoming a lock down defending chair. And on offense, Donyell would have a difficult time guarding it. This could have been one of the most complete chairs we have ever had, only to be thrown aside for some GW human. Where has the loyalty gone?
This is a weird thread. People are debating adding a player?

Remember Calhoun said that Ray Allen could not guard that chair either. Or maybe that was the chair that was a high school teammate of the couch that Ray couldn't guard and of course Tim Thomas?

The real problem was while the chair has a perfect attendance record and in fact is present in every UConn classroom it never got credit for completing a course. Sadly, the chair is ineligible

Reaction Score
Don't forget Antric Klaiber!

We also brought in Mike LeBlanc and Q (Monquencio Hardnett) with the Jake-Free-Rip class. Souley sort of fell in the middle as a mid-year and had to sit out.
Sam Funches was with LeBlanc as well, right?

Reaction Score
I had some doubts and didn't like the way the hire went down... and some here like to point out that I'm a skeptic and can be negative but:

Kevin Ollie is going to be an unbelievable asset for this program and university. His upside appears to be a career that eclipses Calhoun's accomplishments. I say that as someone who thinks Calhoun is one of the most impactful people in the state's history.

Wowwow ....

This is from whaler11? I have not seen him admit mistakes and is always fiercely supportive of his own opinion. Beyond that ... I agree with him. Kevin Ollie CAN be a career we all admire. He is already an incredible leader & University asset. He has made several great player moves ... I think. In CR, many of our haters & our-so-called-friends-peers thought we would dive post-Calhoun. Wrong!!!

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
He's right - you should have been on this board the year before the first title.

Ricky Moore was absolutely torched here. It was ridiculous.

In that case, I'm grateful JC doesn't read the BY, as it seems he would have been forced to cut Ricky based on this Boards expert advice. Did the fact he severely separated his shoulder, then had to adapt to playing with it and on a very inexperienced team his sophomore year get much play around here?

Without Ricky Moore, there is no 99 Championship.

Without the 99 Championship, who knows where the program goes. If Rickey Moore's not the most underrated Connecticut player of the Big East era, I'd like to hear who it is.

I can't imagine the treatment the Board must have given Taliek...

Reaction Score
Kirk was suspended with Ricky..............
As a side note; King was a minor recruiting mistake. JC had his choice of either kirk King or Austin Croshere and he chose to give the scholly to King.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom