Lasan Kromah commits to Uconn | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Lasan Kromah commits to Uconn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
But GW, I guess you weren't aware that he's going to take Calhoun's starting job and average 14-16 ppg? Bahahahaha
both of you guys will be surprised. Nice debating with u tho. u have every right to be skeptical but i wont say i told u so

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
both of you guys will be surprised. Nice debating with u tho. u have every right to be skeptical but i wont say i told u so
If he performs as good as you claim you come back and make a huge Told You So shout out. Take down the names of those who laughed at you and enjoy watching them munch down crow. If he performs as they predict I heard crow isn't that bad.

Reaction Score
Kirk was suspended with Ricky..............

Just saw this and you're right, but Ricky was only suspended for 3 games while I believe Kirk was suspended the entire rest of the year. Opened up the door for K-Free though...

Reaction Score
Just saw this and you're right, but Ricky was only suspended for 3 games while I believe Kirk was suspended the entire rest of the year. Opened up the door for K-Free though...

I thought they both sat out the rest of the year.........

Reaction Score
If he performs as good as you claim you come back and make a huge Told You So shout out. Take down the names of those who laughed at you and enjoy watching them munch down crow. If he performs as they predict I heard crow isn't that bad.
Whut do u think after game 1? He gets 20 minutes in that game im pretty sure he gets 14-16

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Whut do u think after game 1? He gets 20 minutes in that game im pretty sure he gets 14-16
I think Kromah can be a huge part of a very good team. EW's transgression and loss of scholarship turned out to be a blessing in disguise for UConn. Of course I was sweating out his loss not knowing Brimah could come in and contribute immediately.

EW's departure was Kromah's and UConn's gain. I'm not certain Kromah will replace OC as the starting 3. OC, NG and LK are all making a case for minutes at that position. It isn't important who is "considered" better, who starts, or who gets the most minutes. What is important is that KO has the ability to play them at the 2, 3 and 4 and that gives a lot of flexibility for UConn.

My only hope is that OC and/or LK can show a decent handle to play the 2 position without a loss of playmaking ability if either SN or RB are taking a breather.

So far the results, imo, are favoring your assessment vs. some of the debbie downers in this thread. I hope this continues throughout the season.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
So far the results, imo, are favoring your assessment vs. some of the debbie downers in this thread. I hope this continues throughout the season.
His assessment was 16 a game. That ain't happening. I love Kromah but hyper thinks assessment was overly zealous.

caw

Reaction Score

Not sure about that. He was good in the minutes he played but had some lapses on defense, very tough otherwise defensively. Giffey and Calhoun played pretty well. Boatright had an off game. Not sure who Kromah can take minutes from.

He isn't taking them from Napier (most important player/best on court), Giffey and Calhoun both played well. Boat is needed as a second PG on the floor and played very well next to Napier. Samuel could lose minutes but he probably got as many as he did only because of Napiers foul issues, Kromah is a solid ball handler but not better than Samuel.

He's good and probably could average 12-14 if UConn had less depth.

I think fans will be exceedingly happy if he averages 8-9, which he should be able to do, he might exceed that against lesser competition, but I mean 8-9 against the NCAAT quality teams.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
His assessment was 16 a game. That ain't happening. I love Kromah but hyper thinks assessment was overly zealous.
He also said LK would be starting over OC. LK could be a 16 a game guy if he didn't have to share time with OC and NG. hyper was at fault in not studying the UConn tapes before making his proclamation. He got deserved heat for the naive posting, but I found his positive thinking welcoming. I was less concerned about the accuracy of his proclamations and more that UConn was getting a very good player. In that regard I agree with hyperthink based on the early games.

This board is filled with opinions that are in the "over the top" category. He fits in nicely.

Reaction Score
It was 14-16 a game and a layup rolled out and he missed a free throw which would have been eleven in the first half so u think 14 was overzealous? He barely played kn the second but the season continues.... As u were

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
It was 14-16 a game and a layup rolled out and he missed a free throw which would have been eleven in the first half so u think 14 was overzealous? He barely played kn the second but the season continues.... As u were
One game does not a season make. Not enough minutes for him to score that many points. I'm not saying he doesn't have the skills, just not enough opportunity

Reaction Score
He also said LK would be starting over OC. LK could be a 16 a game guy if he didn't have to share time with OC and NG. hyper was at fault in not studying the UConn tapes before making his proclamation. He got deserved heat for the naive posting, but I found his positive thinking welcoming. I was less concerned about the accuracy of his proclamations and more that UConn was getting a very good player. In that regard I agree with hyperthink based on the early games.

This board is filled with opinions that are in the "over the top" category. He fits in nicely.
Thank u sir. Couldnt get game film on calhoun last year. But i do believe uconn got a steal because according to my lil bro who knows lasan well he could have started for xavier and va tech. And i kno u guys heard that maryland was tryingto get him. Also i said 14 -16. 16 being the max which is attainable with the right amount of minutes. He is good enough to start though. Definetely . And i will enjoy following the huskies this season bit i think if he gets 8-10 minutes in the second half he would have gotten 16 boat seemed to have a hard time with those big guards at md.but its just the first game. The season will continue..... As u were

Reaction Score
One game does not a season make. Not enough minutes for him to score that many points. I'm not saying he doesn't have the skills, just not enough opportunity
The minutes might not be enough but the skills are there which is what riled me up before. People were saying he might be rj evaans and im like what? He'sgood enought to start andaverage 14-16 but there are 35 more games.... As u were

Reaction Score
I think Kromah can be a huge part of a very good team. EW's transgression and loss of scholarship turned out to be a blessing in disguise for UConn. Of course I was sweating out his loss not knowing Brimah could come in and contribute immediately.

EW's departure was Kromah's and UConn's gain. I'm not certain Kromah will replace OC as the starting 3. OC, NG and LK are all making a case for minutes at that position. It isn't important who is "considered" better, who starts, or who gets the most minutes. What is important is that KO has the ability to play them at the 2, 3 and 4 and that gives a lot of flexibility for UConn.

My only hope is that OC and/or LK can show a decent handle to play the 2 position without a loss of playmaking ability if either SN or RB are taking a breather.

Well i know kromah's actual position is a 2guard and he played a little point at gw last year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom