Lasan Kromah commits to Uconn | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Lasan Kromah commits to Uconn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kromah looks great... But so does Giffey AND calhoun. I'm guessing Ollie didn't promise a starting position, but rather the opportunity to play deep in the season. We have an insane logjam at the 3.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Kromah's gonna be a good piece here...but there is zero chance he averages 14-16 PPG.

Reaction Score
It was 14-16 a game and a layup rolled out and he missed a free throw which would have been eleven in the first half so u think 14 was overzealous? He barely played kn the second but the season continues.... As u were
Lol, well yes maybe he can average 14-16 points if we count points from shots he misses. And you can't be like "he barely played...". Most people realized there would be times when minutes were hard to come by for him, preventing him from big stats even if he was was a good player.

It's what made your predictions so ridiculous. The amount of other good players on the team.

caw

Reaction Score
9-11 sounds fantastic to me. I'd take it in a heartbeat. 14-16 a ge means someone got injured, if not multiple people.

Reaction Score
Lol, well yes maybe he can average 14-16 points if we count points from shots he misses. And you can't be like "he barely played...". Most people realized there would be times when minutes were hard to come by for him, preventing him from big stats even if he was was a good player.

It's what made your predictions so ridiculous. The amount of other good players on the team.
I was just trying to let people know the kid was good back when people didnt know much about him. But i still think he should start. But i do see that the huskies are deep in that position. Can't wait to see how ollie plays around with this lineup.

pj

Reaction Score
Kromah looks great... But so does Giffey AND calhoun. I'm guessing Ollie didn't promise a starting position, but rather the opportunity to play deep in the season. We have an insane logjam at the 3.
Kromah's gonna be a good piece here...but there is zero chance he averages 14-16 PPG.

If he can play 3 positions and take Terence Samuel's backup point guard minutes then he could get enough court time to average double digits. Giffey will backup the 4 as well as play the 3. Calhoun is fairly restricted to the 3. Like the flexibility Kromah gives us.

Reaction Score
I was just trying to let people know the kid was good back when people didnt know much about him. But i still think he should start. But i do see that the huskies are deep in that position. Can't wait to see how ollie plays around with this lineup.
The kid is without a doubt a legit player. I can easily see his production being the difference between a win and a loss a couple of times this year.

Reaction Score
Dude, there is ABSOLUTELY no way this kid takes Omar Calhoun's starting job from him. Before injuring his wrist, Calhoun was really starting to shine. There is no way KO will chance endangering Calhoun's confidence or development by having come off the bench behind a transfer from GW!

I'm excited to see how this kid can help but Omar Calhoun's starting job is etched in stone.
What's up buddy?? Not being a pain in the I was just looking at some old posts. And came across this. What do you tuink so far??

Reaction Score
What's up buddy?? Not being a pain in the I was just looking at some old posts. And came across this. What do you tuink so far??
Mrs. Kromah,

I admit to being wrong on this but I was referring to the opening lineup to start the season and was basing it on Omar playing at or above last year's level. I don't think any of us expected such a complete regression from him. That said, Lasan has proven to be a very valuable part of the rotation and I'm very thankful to have him. I'm still waiting for Lasan to average the 16 ppg you predicted however.

Reaction Score
[quote="FlaHusky, post: 827066, member: 754"

I admit to being wrong on this but I was referring to the opening lineup to start the season and was basing it on Omar playing at or above last year's level. I don't think any of us expected such a complete regression from him. That said, Lasan has proven to be a very valuable part of the rotation and I'm very thankful to have him. I'm still waiting for Lasan to average the 16 ppg you predicted however.[/quote]
Lol @ mrs kromah . I was just bored around. Im a white male by the way. Gotta feel bad fo4 omar though. Guess he wasnt all the way ready for the seasom. Probably didn't work on his game as much because he had upcoming surgery

Reaction Score
I'm not sure I would come into this thread rubbing stuff in people's faces because you were just as wrong as anyone else. He's a great piece to have on a team. Ideally, he'd be the first man off the bench. That's not to say he's a weakness as a starter, but he is what he is, A very good defensive and offensively-limited player. All in all, very happy to have him and he definitely makes this team better, however he isn't close to the savior you said he'd be.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure I would come into this thread rubbing stuff in people's faces because you were just as wrong as anyone else. He's a great piece to have on a team. Ideally, he'd be the first man off the bench. That's not to say he's a weakness as a starter, but he is what he is, A very good defensive and offensively-limited player. All in all, very happy to have him and he definitely makes this team better, however he isn't close to the savior you said he'd be.
kromah isn't limited offensively at all. Didn't you see the smitty (half pivot jumper) he pulled on shaq Goodwin? He reminds me of a less talented denham.

Reaction Score
kromah isn't limited offensively at all. Didn't you see the smitty (half pivot jumper) he pulled on shaq Goodwin? He reminds me of a less talented denham.
I'm not saying he's bad offensively, just that's he's not good. He can hit open shots at a decent clip, but he doesn't really create his own offense generally. Put this way, he's not a guy you'd want as one of your team's top scoring options but he more than holds his own as a 4th or 5th option.

pj

Reaction Score

A "less talented Denham"? He is smaller but more versatile than Denham. Better handle, better defense, better distribution. I'd rather have him than Denham.

That said, he's maybe the 4th most talented offensive player on this team so he's not going to get a huge number of shots.

Reactions: THC

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Until one scores 111 points in a single high school game, they are nowhere near as good as Denham Brown. The real reason he never played in the NBA is that he's just too damn good and would make every other player feel obsolete.

caw

Reaction Score

Napier isn't limited offensively at all, or at least the closest on this team. Kromah has limits, that said, he can hit an open shot and is good at driving in a straight line to the rim. He has also shown some decent turn around moves the past few games.

Reaction Score
Okay u must be from new england. I sense the whole masshole thing coming from you. Reminds me of my college days at unh. But I was not speaking to you nor I was I rubbing anything in anyone's face. I clearly stated I was not trying to be a pain and asked him what does he think. Why so serious??? Anyway I never said he was a savior but you all have seen glimpses of what I was talking about. Like the memphis and washington game. Also I was wrong about the 14-16 and I acknowledged that but I was talking to the guy who said there's no way he's starting. And judging by your comments you probably would be doing more than me. I was getting so many you're delusional comments and insults so you really think I woild say nothing ?? I said I would. And im actually not being a jerk about it. Just having a friendly debate. Chill out and enjoy the rest of the season. You're dismissed

Reaction Score
Okay u must be from new england. I sense the whole m thing coming from you. Reminds me of my college days at unh. But I was not speaking to you nor I was I rubbing anything in anyone's face. I clearly stated I was not trying to be a pain and asked him what does he think. Why so serious??? Anyway I never said he was a savior but you all have seen glimpses of what I was talking about. Like the memphis and washington game. Also I was wrong about the 14-16 and I acknowledged that but I was talking to the guy who said there's no way he's starting. And judging by your comments you probably would be doing more than me. I was getting so many you're delusional comments and insults so you really think I woild say nothing ?? I said I would. And im actually not being a jerk about it. Just having a friendly debate. Chill out and enjoy the rest of the season. You're dismissed

I think my tone didn't come across. Didn't mean this aggressively at all, but you also just said you weren't rubbing it in peoples' face, but that you got so many comments that you had to come back and say something (which is the definition of rubbing it in peoples' faces). I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm not trying to insult you, I just think he has played solidly in the middle of what you, at the high end, and some of the other posters, at the low end, expected of him this season. A very valuable ancillary piece of the puzzle. Totally chill and hopefully the play well enough that I enjoy the rest of the season. I think maybe next time don't just assume someone's being an because they call you out on something.

Reaction Score
I think my tone didn't come across. Didn't mean this aggressively at all, but you also just said you weren't rubbing it in peoples' face, but that you got so many comments that you had to come back and say something (which is the definition of rubbing it in peoples' faces). I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm not trying to insult you, I just think he has played solidly in the middle of what you, at the high end, and some of the other posters, at the low end, expected of him this season. A very valuable ancillary piece of the puzzle. Totally chill and hopefully the play well enough that I enjoy the rest of the season. I think maybe next time don't just assume someone's being an because they call you out on something.
Ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01