Lasan Kromah commits to Uconn | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Lasan Kromah commits to Uconn

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Wowwow ....

This is from whaler11? I have not seen him admit mistakes and is always fiercely supportive of his own opinion. Beyond that ... I agree with him. Kevin Ollie CAN be a career we all admire. He is already an incredible leader & University asset. He has made several great player moves ... I think. In CR, many of our haters & our-so-called-friends-peers thought we would dive post-Calhoun. Wrong!!!

I admit when i'm wrong. Im just not wrong as often as some here. :)

I wasn't anti-Ollie anyway I was wait and see and now I saw.

Reaction Score
Who knows how Croshere would have stood out at UConn those years. King came in with Ray Allen and Doron Sheffer, which took away his ability to shine. Croshere would have competed for minutes early on with Donny Marshall.

And, we know for a fact that were it not for Kirk King we would not have beaten Georgetown in 1996.

Also, the 1996-97 team was 11-3 before he was suspended for the rest of the season (a terrible decision on the NCAAs behalf, in my opinion). Without his veteran leadership down-low, the team finished the regular season 3-11.

caw

Reaction Score
As a side note; King was a minor recruiting mistake. JC had his choice of either kirk King or Austin Croshere and he chose to give the scholly to King.

King was off to a decent year before the plane ticket issues. He had a solid career aside from that.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Kirk left a legacy here in CT. I have a friend whose kids are friends with his.

Reaction Score
Oh, that was special.

This is how bad it was....in the very first paragraph of the very first article of SI's commemorative title issue, the Boneyard's treatment of Taliek was referenced.

That was awful......the nerve some people on this board had back then!!!:oops:

Reaction Score
How is it that he is eligible to play immediately??

He's in the same situation as RJ Evans was last year. Graduated, so if he chooses a graduate program not offered at his school, he can transfer and play immediately.

Reaction Score
He's not Johnny Selvie but he's a good add. Confirms Daniel at the 4. Likely see more Olander at the 5 against the cupcake Centers.

Guessing he'll be as good but hopefully better than Johnnie-Time........won't get the minutes because of depth at his position but his impact could be huge in the bigger picture..........defensive stopper down the stretch, bigger guard against traps and another athlete who can get to the hole.........played at GW not at a JC so his experience is much better!

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
That was awful......the nerve some people on this board had back then!!!:oops:

Yeah, I heard those Taliek bashers were the lowest form of scum. I'm not sure about what the various forms of scum are, but there are obviously some really nasty types that get stuck on something and won't let go.

Reaction Score
Hey I know this is uconn and you guys have seen the best of the best guards but this kid was being compared to rip by. hobbs at Gw. Hobbs also.stated that kromah is an nba talent. Three people left GW this yeat. two formerproductive starters that were Hobbs recruits.Coincidence nope??? You guys got a steal. And calhoun's spot is in danger especially the fact that he's injured
^ Would it be too much to ask for that Kormah's brother is right about him? We deserve a break- or two.

Reaction Score
Not a big fan of the back-stab. We need Wolf he is an integral party of this team. Those who do not think so are not paying attention. Tylander Olander is an under sized /talented player who shouldnt even play. Wolf was just showing what he can do--we have no player like Wolf and either do many teams. If we had to match 7-0 250/260 we can without him we cant. On top of which while he did make a mistake at Uconn--he paid with it with his suspension and did everything he could in terms of making up for it. Saying this will cost you 30k wasnt fair. If he doesnt play BIG blow.

Mike Honcho

HU5KIES!
Reaction Score
Not a big fan of the back-stab. We need Wolf he is an integral party of this team. Those who do not think so are not paying attention. Tylander Olander is an under sized /talented player who shouldnt even play. Wolf was just showing what he can do--we have no player like Wolf and either do many teams. If we had to match 7-0 250/260 we can without him we cant. On top of which while he did make a mistake at Uconn--he paid with it with his suspension and did everything he could in terms of making up for it. Saying this will cost you 30k wasnt fair. If he doesnt play BIG blow.

You and I have very different standards for fairness. I think this sends an appropriate message. This was not Rashad popping out of a bush in a hockey-mask. Domestic violence is not a joke. Getting a full ride to college is not a birthright -- he did not fulfill his obligations of representing his university and he is paying the price (or -- he doesn't and good riddens).

Reaction Score
As someone who graduated from GW on Sunday, UConn isn't getting a lot here. Kromah was good my/his freshman year, but really hasn't shown much since then. In fact, GW played better after he lost his starting spot.

Also, I personally don't think he has great ball handling skills. We were one of the worst ball handling teams in the country as evidenced by our high turnover rate.

This puts me in a bit of a weird position. It's going to feel weird cheering for a guy who transferred out of my alma mater.

Reaction Score
Nope he just wanted to start a playerhe recruited so he can get more recruits from the dc area which is clearly a top 5 tecruiting hot bed. He promised kromah the starting job this season. read the gw hatchet
GW played better after Savage replaced him.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
As someone who graduated from GW on Sunday, UConn isn't getting a lot here. Kromah was good my/his freshman year, but really hasn't shown much since then. In fact, GW played better after he lost his starting spot.

Also, I personally don't think he has great ball handling skills. We were one of the worst ball handling teams in the country as evidenced by our high turnover rate.

This puts me in a bit of a weird position. It's going to feel weird cheering for a guy who transferred out of my alma mater.

What about his D? Can he cover a big guard?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don't get this move at all. It feels like Ollie is throwing a bone to some kid Hobbs wants to help out. The kid came off the bench on a bad team. He hasn't gotten better in 3 years.

Unlike Whaler, I wasn't there the night Wolf got arrested so I don't KNOW what Ollie should do to him. Given the charges, it sure sounds like the incident is being way overblown. If you want to send Wolf a message, then make him earn his scholarship back. Bringing another guard into a crowded back court may chase off more then just 1 German. I would have a very tough time with this move if I was Giffey or Tolksdorf. There are 4 guys that deserve 25+ minutes between the 1 and 3, and then we add Samuels to the mix. Now we are adding another guy who didn't come here to sit on the bench, but wasn't dominating at a bad mid-major.

And if Ollie was going to do a 5th year transfer, the guy should have been at least 6'8. We can always use the fouls.

Reaction Score
You and I have very different standards for fairness. I think this sends an appropriate message. This was not Rashad popping out of a bush in a hockey-mask. Domestic violence is not a joke. Getting a full ride to college is not a birthright -- he did not fulfill his obligations of representing his university and he is paying the price (or -- he doesn't and good riddens).

Thank goodness some one gets it. Too many programs give athletes enough special treatment. I am willing to bet any person with an academic scholly would get it taken away after an incident like that also.

Reaction Score
I don't get this move at all. It feels like Ollie is throwing a bone to some kid Hobbs wants to help out. The kid came off the bench on a bad team. He hasn't gotten better in 3 years.

Unlike Whaler, I wasn't there the night Wolf got arrested so I don't KNOW what Ollie should do to him. Given the charges, it sure sounds like the incident is being way overblown. If you want to send Wolf a message, then make him earn his scholarship back. Bringing another guard into a crowded back court may chase off more then just 1 German. I would have a very tough time with this move if I was Giffey or Tolksdorf. There are 4 guys that deserve 25+ minutes between the 1 and 3, and then we add Samuels to the mix. Now we are adding another guy who didn't come here to sit on the bench, but wasn't dominating at a bad mid-major.

And if Ollie was going to do a 5th year transfer, the guy should have been at least 6'8. We can always use the fouls.

There aren't many fifth year transfers. It takes a special set of circumstances. A graduate with a year of eligibility left entering a grad degree program not offered by his original school. Not like there's a big menu to choose from.

If nothing else, what if someone gets hurt? Foul trouble? A 6-5 guard is killing us and we are looking for a good defensive match up? Someone who can get in Napier's grill (or Omar's grill) in practice and make him better?

We have a chance for a great season and the more pieces, the better. We already have one scholarship used up on someone who can't play this year (Purvis) and a few freshmen who are unknowns.

Reaction Score

Did the backcourt seem crowded when Napier got hurt last year? Or do you think Terrence Samuel in his freshman year is going to solve all of our problems if we need to dip into the backup guards for an extended period of time?

We now have better depth in the backcourt than we did a week ago. And if there were 6'11'', 5th-year transfers growing on trees, I'm pretty sure Ollie would have grabbed one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom